Ferguson resigns from Clyde

34 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I read the 1st page in disbelief and I have jumped to the last so I don't know if anyone has posted a Barry giving the vickies GIF yet..??...

How pathetically out of touch will this Board prove to be if they think this is any sort of answer to our current predicament..?? :confused:

It's not the answer to out predicament, and never will be. This is just timing and papers looking for clicks and paper sales

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben @BenTheTim

If I was a Rangers fan, I wouldn't want Barry Ferguson anywhere near the head coach/Manager's position. As a Celtic fan, I hope he gets it.

6:33 PM - 25 Feb 2017

------------------------------

A scum fan picked up on by the Daily Record while doing a peace about Barry Ferguson perhaps becoming the next Rangers manager.

There you have it folks, sounds like our board want him - they're not on the same wavelength as us, but they are on the same wavelength as the scum.

18 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

Is anyone else wondering if it is time we moved away from players and coaches who have had some success in the past ?

Yes. I agree. We need someone who has had no success in the past, that's it. That is the answer! 

The man oozes passion, not a bad thing to get him in the dressing room, even until the end of the season. No a manager capable of leading us forward in long term, but would show the squad what it means to be ger.

Would take him as a coach/number 2 next season under Eck or FDB

7 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

The man oozes passion, not a bad thing to get him in the dressing room, even until the end of the season. No a manager capable of leading us forward in long term, but would show the squad what it means to be ger.

Would take him as a coach/number 2 next season under Eck or FDB

No we don't need any former players as coaches. 

2 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Having  wee Ferguson as temp manager wouldn't be a bad appointment. I remember the mhanks took a risk on Lennon and it worked out for them. :whistle:

Lennon didn't work out for them. He won fuck all until admin. Also couldn't win a treble. Absolute failure 

You can be a great coach and a dreadful manager, and even a great assistant and a then a dreadful manager. Seen it time and time again. 

Usually don't see someone as a manager, and then 'relegated' to a coaching role. 

I'd be open to him being part of a backroom staff, but that would be caveated against a really good manager / head coach appointment. 

4 hours ago, harry handsome said:

Why not?

Because I don't see the obsession to have one. Apart from the reasoning of passion. Walter Smith Archie Knox and Bert van Lingen did alright without having any playing time with Rangers.

Im not dismissing ex players like de Boer but don't see it as a necessity to have a Scottish ex player as 'they know what it's all about'

I want a management team who is successful and has good ideas regardless of background 

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Because I don't see the obsession to have one. Apart from the reasoning of passion. Walter Smith Archie Knox and Bert van Lingen did alright without having any playing time with Rangers.

Im not dismissing ex players like de Boer but don't see it as a necessity to have a Scottish ex player as 'they know what it's all about'

I want a management team who is successful and has good ideas regardless of background 

I don't think it's about having a 'Rangers man', it's just about having a winner. 

The two used to go hand in hand. 

33 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I don't think its an obsession as such more a nagging feeling we no longer have a club with our history and values being put on to the new guys.