Ferguson resigns from Clyde

He's not the man for the managers job full time, but I'd put him in before Murty, til the end of the season, if only to give them a hard kick up the arse. I can at least see him shouting at them, none of this "we've all looked at our performance, & are really disappointed" pish that Warburton came out with. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/02/2017 at 7:30 PM, K.A.I said:

If you're referring to McCoist his reputation is damaged because he's a lying fat thief and snake not because he's a shite manager 

McCall was a shite manager his reputation untouched likewise Greig 

I'm not as against Mccoist as some. Yes he was a shite manager but still I have his reputation as being a great Rangers player intact. 

Managers losing they're job is common place, Mccoist being put in a position where he was forced onto"gardening leave" was an embarrassing situation for all concerned, Rangers included. 99% of the time the Manager is giving a payoff equivalent to the remainder of his contract. 

Can you name any other Rangers player, manager who's contract was terminated that turned round and said that they don't want the remaining payoff from that contract, I can't. 

We can't all agree but I still deem Ally Mccoist as a Rangers great. Albeit one that flopped as a manager. 

32 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I'm not as against Mccoist as some. Yes he was a shite manager but still I have his reputation as being a great Rangers player intact. 

Managers losing they're job is common place, Mccoist being put in a position where he was forced onto"gardening leave" was an embarrassing situation for all concerned, Rangers included. 99% of the time the Manager is giving a payoff equivalent to the remainder of his contract. 

Can you name any other Rangers player, manager who's contract was terminated that turned round and said that they don't want the remaining payoff from that contract, I can't. 

We can't all agree but I still deem Ally Mccoist as a Rangers great. Albeit one that flopped as a manager. 

Paul le Guen. I agree with most of the post though.

40 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

You think it's about gardening leave? Seriously? 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You think it's about gardening leave? Seriously? 

The gardening leave situation was an embarrassment, to all concerned.

Possibly they're is also a part of me with the great memories of " the golden boot" and great goals that makes me want to look more favourably towards the unfortunate situation. I don't want to be too quick to condemn a Rangers legend and don't feel as if being a shite manager with an insistence on seeing out his contract as being enough for condemnation. 

I long to see the day when Mccoist is in a tv studio next to that muppet Sutton. He would finish that prick.

12 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The gardening leave situation was an embarrassment, to all concerned.

Possibly they're is also a part of me with the great memories of " the golden boot" and great goals that makes me want to look more favourably towards the unfortunate situation. I don't want to be too quick to condemn a Rangers legend and don't feel as if being a shite manager with an insistence on seeing out his contract as being enough for condemnation. 

I long to see the day when Mccoist is in a tv studio next to that muppet Sutton. He would finish that prick.

No he would not, he would be Sutton's best mate.

Personally I think alex mcleish with Barry as number two would be decent to see until the end of the season. Two Rangers men with a bit of flare, hopefully would get the best out of the players we have. If things work then, 1 year contracts & a chance to get their own players in... Would be a test to get the best out of the players we currently have.

Under McLeish Barry was our captain & as we all know the players all reacted well to Ferguson, so as assistant would they not do the same? Two guys with a lot of experience of Rangers & other well respected football team with top class athletes. 

2 minutes ago, BillyG93 said:

Personally I think alex mcleish with Barry as number two would be decent to see until the end of the season. Two Rangers men with a bit of flare, hopefully would get the best out of the players we have. If things work then, 1 year contracts & a chance to get their own players in... Would be a test to get the best out of the players we currently have.

Under McLeish Barry was our captain & as we all know the players all reacted well to Ferguson, so as assistant would they not do the same? Two guys with a lot of experience of Rangers & other well respected football team with top class athletes. 

I wud be happy with that as we need to do something quick ?

As the team is flat and we're going to get slaughtered in every game .

They need sone sort of guidance or a kick up the ass.

Murty is just another McDowell does not want to be there and looks lost 

5 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

No point arguing with him on this mate, he is rabid when it comes to Ally because he has a scan of a magazine from the 80s where apparently Ally said his favourite team was Sunderland or Liverpool or some shit. 

12 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

11 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Paul le Guen. I agree with most of the post though.

and Darcheville

Former Rangers captain Barry Ferguson says he is not ready to take up a managerial role at the club.

The 39-year-old was installed among the favourites to succeed Mark Warburton at Ibrox after resigning as boss of League Two Clyde on Sunday.

But he insists he has had no contact with Rangers, who hope to recruit Ross Wilson as director of football.

"I've still got loads to learn. I don't think I am ready to manage at that level," Ferguson told BBC Sportsound.

"I'm not stupid enough to say I'm ready. I still think I have got a lot to learn. The last two-and-a-half years have been great for me.

"But I have not had any contact from Rangers. I don't know where these stories have come from."

Despite his lack of senior managerial experience, Ferguson admitted he would "run back" to a club he helped to 15 domestic trophies as a player, including five league titles.

"It was a club I was at from eight years old," he noted. "I left for a couple of years to go down to Blackburn but I came back. It was a dream of mine to play for Rangers and then to captain them and win things.

"When I look just now, it isn't going great for them but I am sure in time they will come back. Let's be honest, Celtic are miles in front just now and Aberdeen are doing a lot better under Derek McInnes. But Rangers is a club still close to my heart."

While under-20s coach Graeme Murty remains in caretaker charge following Warburton's departure on 10 February, Ferguson believes other favourites for the role would not want the job on a temporary basis.

And he gave his backing to Aberdeen boss McInnes, who played alongside Ferguson at Rangers, as a "perfect" permanent appointment.

"I don't think an Alex McLeish or a Billy Davies would come in and take it short term," he added. "I think they would want a guarantee that it would be a bit longer.

"I think it's important they just take their time and get the right guy.

"The guy for me [would be] Derek McInnes. But they are not going to get Derek probably until the end of the season.

"He's the perfect guy for the job. He's done an unbelievable job up at Aberdeen and he suits Rangers down to a tee.

"He knows the club. He's a good manager. Him and 'Doc' [Dons assistant boss Tony Docherty] have done a great job up there."

Meanwhile, Ferguson says his decision to resign from his job with part-time Clyde has not put him off management.

"They didn't want me to resign, they asked me not to but I was pretty adamant," he added. "The chairman asked me to have a long, hard think about it, which I did. But I woke up on Sunday morning and my mind was still clear it was the right decision.

"The players were giving me everything. But I know it's a results business. We dropped from second top to sixth or seventh [Clyde are eighth after Saturday's defeat by Annan, with two games in hand]] and I had a lot of good players. We were a decent team when we were on it, but we were under-performing and that falls on my shoulders. I take the blame for that.

"But it has not put me off. I will take in some games and go to different clubs and watch different managers do things. I will go away and start learning again."

On 26/02/2017 at 9:30 PM, Capital Blu said:

Sky Sports ScotlandVerified account‏@ScotlandSky

SKY SOURCES understand that former #Rangers captain Barry Ferguson would be interested in a return to Ibrox in any coaching capacity

Make what you want of that. My interpretation would be that he is desperate to be offered a role at the club, although not necessarily as No 1.

You could give Sherlock a run for his money with those powers of deduction :mutley:

10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Former Rangers captain Barry Ferguson says he is not ready to take up a managerial role at the club.

The 39-year-old was installed among the favourites to succeed Mark Warburton at Ibrox after resigning as boss of League Two Clyde on Sunday.

But he insists he has had no contact with Rangers, who hope to recruit Ross Wilson as director of football.

"I've still got loads to learn. I don't think I am ready to manage at that level," Ferguson told BBC Sportsound.

"I'm not stupid enough to say I'm ready. I still think I have got a lot to learn. The last two-and-a-half years have been great for me.

"But I have not had any contact from Rangers. I don't know where these stories have come from."

Despite his lack of senior managerial experience, Ferguson admitted he would "run back" to a club he helped to 15 domestic trophies as a player, including five league titles.

"It was a club I was at from eight years old," he noted. "I left for a couple of years to go down to Blackburn but I came back. It was a dream of mine to play for Rangers and then to captain them and win things.

"When I look just now, it isn't going great for them but I am sure in time they will come back. Let's be honest, Celtic are miles in front just now and Aberdeen are doing a lot better under Derek McInnes. But Rangers is a club still close to my heart."

While under-20s coach Graeme Murty remains in caretaker charge following Warburton's departure on 10 February, Ferguson believes other favourites for the role would not want the job on a temporary basis.

And he gave his backing to Aberdeen boss McInnes, who played alongside Ferguson at Rangers, as a "perfect" permanent appointment.

"I don't think an Alex McLeish or a Billy Davies would come in and take it short term," he added. "I think they would want a guarantee that it would be a bit longer.

"I think it's important they just take their time and get the right guy.

"The guy for me [would be] Derek McInnes. But they are not going to get Derek probably until the end of the season.

"He's the perfect guy for the job. He's done an unbelievable job up at Aberdeen and he suits Rangers down to a tee.

"He knows the club. He's a good manager. Him and 'Doc' [Dons assistant boss Tony Docherty] have done a great job up there."

Meanwhile, Ferguson says his decision to resign from his job with part-time Clyde has not put him off management.

"They didn't want me to resign, they asked me not to but I was pretty adamant," he added. "The chairman asked me to have a long, hard think about it, which I did. But I woke up on Sunday morning and my mind was still clear it was the right decision.

"The players were giving me everything. But I know it's a results business. We dropped from second top to sixth or seventh [Clyde are eighth after Saturday's defeat by Annan, with two games in hand]] and I had a lot of good players. We were a decent team when we were on it, but we were under-performing and that falls on my shoulders. I take the blame for that.

"But it has not put me off. I will take in some games and go to different clubs and watch different managers do things. I will go away and start learning again."

Read that myself earlier. Barry being very sensible and good to hear the board haven't contacted him.