Ferguson resigns from Clyde

13 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Had that feeling too.

they want money from Europe on the cheap rather than invest to do it properly then get the returns later.

There won't be any 'returns'

IF we qualify we'll get horsed out at the first hurdle. We're an absolute shambles.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Sket said:

IF we qualify we'll get horsed out at the first hurdle. We're an absolute shambles.

There's not really any "returns" in football anyway. Maybe a club profits but not a lot of owners these days.

As you say Europe wont bring a lot of cash at least not this year, the best way for us to make profit isnt scraping our way into Europe, its by playing good football domestically and selling tickets. We shouldn't even be thinking about European money until weve banked it. The boars seem to be sitting waiting on the big European jackpot to finance their future at the club but are too thick to realize we won't get abythinganything out of Europe without significant investment in the squad

31 minutes ago, Sket said:

Exactly but spend money on getting a good manager in and give them money to spend and that might not be the case

Not reading 11 pages of what I guess will be people saying Fergusons record is appalling. 

I highly doubt Wilson (if the stories are true and he's coming in) is going to come in and say Ferguson is the man I want given his record. Equally I don't think the board would appoint someone Wilson wasn't happy with. 

I wouldn't be against Ferguson being at the club in some capacity though purely because he was my idol growing up but obviously if you're going by his coaching career so far he shouldn't be anywhere near us. 

Seems to me his resignation and Rangers' efforts to appoint a DOF and Head Coach are simply a coincidence.   I'd be tempted to say a random coincidence but we've had enough of randomness recently.

There is no way, even if recruiting on the cheap, that Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board would want to risk appointing a Head Coach who is admittedly not as rookie as Murty but equally far less experienced than Warburton, and just look at what King had to scathingly say about Warburton's experience and reactions to Board questioning.   It seems to me that a Ferguson appointment would be far too much of a gamble that would immediately zap like lightning straight back to King as a move that did not inspire confidence that this would take Rangers forward either at all or at any meaningful pace.   It would be an electrifying appointment......but the heat and voltage would all be rebounding back on King and I reckon he must surely sense that.

I think Ferguson has a way to go yet to pick up further and better management experience to try to prove he is of a managerial calibre to run a big club.    If King and the Board don't see that they need to find a far more experienced and better qualified Head Coach then they really are in a world of desperation. 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

This is the best news I've heard from us in ages. Not as a manager but in the club Barry is a must. 

Time to rattle a few cages and tell a few home truths. 

Rattling cages won't give those players the heart to play for Rangers.

Fair enough when things don't go your way on the pitch, it happens, but always put 100% effort in when playing for Rangers.

These imposters don't.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Rattling cages won't give those players the heart to play for Rangers.

Fair enough when things don't go your way on the pitch, it happens, but always put 100% effort in when playing for Rangers.

These imposters don't.

Correct, but sugar coating them in statements about possession, pitch geography and phases of play has made them soft.

At least Ferguson will call a spade a spade n tell some they can fuck off n play elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Correct, but sugar coating them in statements about possession, pitch geography and phases of play has made them soft.

At least Ferguson will call a spade a spade n tell some they can fuck off n play elsewhere.

It's maybe just a hunch i have, based on recent performances, but i think a few of them have already been told they should fuck off.

They appear to have downed tools, that Tav is one lazy lazy disinterested bastard for instance.

Rangers teams have always succeeded in the past by matching teams for desire but had the extra bit of quality to win.

We have seen Dundee and Inverness bully us the last 2 games and tbh Morton were unlucky not to snatch a replay.

Simply not good enough, players need to learn to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in.

Sky Sports ScotlandVerified account‏@ScotlandSky

SKY SOURCES understand that former #Rangers captain Barry Ferguson would be interested in a return to Ibrox in any coaching capacity

Make what you want of that. My interpretation would be that he is desperate to be offered a role at the club, although not necessarily as No 1.