***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

24 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

C-Ftx4nXYAAxBgj.jpg

size of bates forarms!     Bates by name......

Decent line up,  not sure if thays how it will line up. Also a bit worried that we are not covered more down the wings. looks a bit too narrow. I assume it will move to a 4-4-1-1 in defence with Haliday and Hyndman asked to get in the face of no neck and sinclair.

Could spew with nerves.

Here We Go........

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Waghorn didn't run them ragged last time in my view. The only two chances we created bar the goal was a long ball that somehow got through to him, the second sitter was him getting back up just at the scums box when down injured when Miller got played through on the left wing. What did he actually do that day bar miss two sitters? He was absolutely hopeless!

Again I disagree. He was asked to play a very difficult role, primarily playing up top by himself at a time when we were struggling and never gave them a moments peace. He competed with them physically, won us free kicks, forced them to concede throw ins high up the park, ran at them when he had the chance, almost creating something when he went down in the box, making runs off the ball creating space for others and ultimately gave us a threat up top which we had missed in previous games, in particular at the tattiedome. I appreciate a lot of that may seem quite basic but IMO he was always a threat and we've not always had a threat up top against them at times.

Admittedly his final product, as has happened quite frequently of late, let him down, and undoubtedly that would be the lasting impression he would have left most with but IMO i've not seen their back line look as uncomfortable and disjointed at their own ground in a long time. I don't think they liked playing against him. Of course though, he MUST take his chances though or effectively all his hard work and endeavour could ultimately be for nothing...........

3 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Can't say that lineup fills me with confidence, especially the defence.

It's a difficult one because they've played 3 games together and not conceded a goal. I know that means fuck all for today but at some point young players need to be rewarded for doing things right and trust them in the team. They need to be strong today!

1 minute ago, yermaw145 said:

I reckon Halliday first scorer, if big Joe can keep his head and play the game he'll give that Danish diddy all sorts of problems.

Not sure I agree with Halliday but Garner has it in him to cause them all sorts of problems.

Getting varied crosses in the box, Beerman running at their back line for me is how we are going to get to them