Jim Stewart stays

MisterC

So according to the record Jim Stewart will be keeping his job as goalkeeper coach when the new gaffer takes over. Anyone else unhappy about this? I don't think he has done much to improve the keepers he has coached and is very much part of the previous failed regimes. I fail to see what he brings to the table and hope he will be gone in the summer when there will be time to get a good replacement.

Thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

So according to the record Jim Stewart will be keeping his job as goalkeeper coach when the new gaffer takes over. Anyone else unhappy about this? I don't think he has done much to improve the keepers he has coached and is very much part of the previous failed regimes. I fail to see what he brings to the table and hope he will be gone in the summer when there will be time to get a good replacement.

Thoughts?

A lot of contradiction flying around ATM. I think one of the papers earlier were saying that Pedro is bringing his own goalkeeping coach? Its a hard one for me as I see your point,but I'd want as many people who know the club as possible. Now if you said the defensive coach,then that's another matter. I'd be opening the door for them

I hope this is a fishing trip because Stewart is an excellent coach.

He played a key role in developing Gordon at Hearts before he came here and as the Scotland goalkeeper coach you can easily say that it's the one area they always look fairly strong in.

Since he came to the club McGregor went to another level, Alexander was a perfectly fine keeper for us and the improvement in Foderingham has been notable too.

There's a ropey section there with Bell, Simonsen & Robinson but no manager or coach has a 100% track record and IMO the positives he has brought significantly outweigh the negatives.

Think he has improved Foderingham. Bell was a black mark if he suggested we sign him. I was against him at the start as I was told he only came in because of being Walters mate. Saying that I thought Billy Thomson was a great coach for us so that maybe made me a bit predjudiced.

18 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Mister c in obvious fishing trip shocker 

17 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Shite thread. Shite fishing trip.

If you've nothing to add to the debate, keep out. I'm not a fan of JS and for me his number should be up

32 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Thoughts?

My problem with keepers under him and I noticed it with the hand of fod he must train them not to come for crosses.

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The new goalkeeping coach and apparently he knows all the words to The Bully Boys fluently in the Queens English!

image.gif

image.jpeg

The Copland Bully Boys rather than Brigton and being up to our knees in Bully blood might actually work. Good chance everyone could toe the line with that one and the Thought Police would be fucked.

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

When you see so many basic errors week in week out, it's clear that he's not doing his job properly 

McGregor, Alexander, Fod and Gilks were good goalkeepers for us and Bell done a job. 

From that list of goalkeepers I'm not sure how you've came to the conclusion 'Jim Stewart is a shite goalie coach'. 

25 minutes ago, MisterC said:

If you've nothing to add to the debate, keep out. I'm not a fan of JS and for me his number should be up

If really not fishing, why?

I'd say the one position we consistently develop / improve players is GK.