Thanks Murty

Don81

1 minute ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

Will all depend on what Pedro wants mate, I'm sure they'll be having a conversation at the very least, hopefully he can remain in the first team set up somewhere ??

Fingers crossed, hope something comes of it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Murty. Great guy and he's handled a very difficult situation admirably. Love his passion and he should be holding his head high after his games in charge. He dropped Halliday when it was painfully obvious it needed doing and made some big calls on team selection. We look a better side since he took over and we are more physical in the challenge. Gets top marks from me despite the couple of defeats. 

Murty did very well today and deserves all the congratulations.   I didn't (and still don't) believe it was right for the Board to ask him to take on the interim role but he has stood up to the challenge very well and given us a creditable result today.    There could be a big plus for us when he returns to his development team role.   Having experienced first hand the pressures of managing Rangers I reckon he will have developed an even sharper and clearer insight into the qualities he needs to produce in his development squad to make that step up into the first team squad and be effective more or less immediately and consistently.  

Well done Graeme.

He deserves huge credit for how he has handled himself while in a role that many of us would love. He deserved to go out with that performance today. I'm sure he will also be a little bit relieved to go back to the youth team...but he stepped up and that should never be forgotten. 

?? Cheers Graham, did yourself proud. Have made the fans believe the players might have something after all. Changed from 4-3-3, made the right subs at the right times, not scared to take big players off if they aren't performing either. Makes you wonder why Warburton couldn't see it after 18 months! 

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He can go back to the under 20s with his head held high. Well done. :thumbup:

I'm not sure you can ever really go back. He may not feel ready to be a manager I think he'll either join the first team set up or leave before very long. He's done an excellent job and those two losses had nothing to do with him. It was all about the lack of certainty after Warburton left suddenly.

50 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I'm not sure you can ever really go back. He may not feel ready to be a manager I think he'll either join the first team set up or leave before very long. He's done an excellent job and those two losses had nothing to do with him. It was all about the lack of certainty after Warburton left suddenly.

You could well be right about joining the first team set up if Pedro liked what he say today. I suppose we will have some idea in the next day or two.

The guy who advised Murty must be the same guy who advised Warburton as we went back to an old system with Hodson and Tav and again it worked. Warburton changed it and we started losing again.

Hyndman has to play further forward we sacrificed him today as he played more defensive killed his game till near the end.

He's been brilliant. He was always aware he was only for in a short period but has really transformed this team and instilled some belief and fight in them. 

To ensure continuity and consistency for the remainder of the season I would keep him with the first team. If he is willing. Whether or not that is as assistant or coach doesn't matter. 

It it can be looked at again in the summer when the manager starts to ring the changes  

Thoughts the signs were there at Inverness, some of the comments have been disgusting. 

A bit of introspective contemplation called for by some.

Didnt want the gig, improved the performances and tactics in 4 weeks. Spoke extremely well in every interview, except about being daunted by those fuckpigs, but he'll learn from that.

He should be proud of his short stint in charge.  He was under huge pressure but took it in his stride.

Also good to know that the under 20'S have a very capable coach. I'm looking forwards to him developing our young talents and seeing them play in the first team.