PRESS CONFERENCE | Pedro Caixinha | 30 Mar 2017

maverick1200

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic 16 minutes. Speaks so much sense, everything is well thought out and has a purpose.

Warburton wasn't good to listen to, he was horrendous, he was arrogant, patronising, ignorant and deluded. PC is the complete opposite. 

It genuinely feels like our team is in safe hands for the first time since Walter was in charge. 

20 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

As we know with Warburton someone being good to listen to (like he was in the early days) doesn't necessarily mean much 

I like him so far but certainly won't be getting carried away by interviews and press conferences 

Exactly.

Folk were saying these things last season when Warburton done these press conferences. Then this season he was getting murdered.

As ever talk is cheap. Results and performances will be the important thing not sound bites.

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I remember many on RMcreaming themselves over MWs Press conferences - for well over a year - I revert back to my position pre MW - all a Rangers manager has to do is win! Winning is good football. 

he could definitely talk the talk - initially. but then I realised his conferences were like his team setup - no flexibility and no plan B. Then I started wondering if he wouldnt change because he didnt want to, or because he didnt know how to. This was perfectly reflected on the pitch.

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I remember many on RMcreaming themselves over MWs Press conferences - for well over a year - I revert back to my position pre MW - all a Rangers manager has to do is win! Winning is good football. 

Until he starts winning, then that won't be enough.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Exactly.

Folk were saying these things last season when Warburton done these press conferences. Then this season he was getting murdered.

As ever talk is cheap. Results and performances will be the important thing not sound bites.

I was guilty of it myself with Warburton certainly in the early months, probably because we'd had McCoist/McDowall to put up with beforehand 

But the experience should really teach people not to make the same mistake of putting someone on a pedestal too quickly 

I am one of the ones who got caught out by MW's press conferences, he spoke very well before each game, got my hopes up and then farted all over my optimism come the full time whistle.

Reticent to get carried away with Pedro at this stage, so I will approach these with caution, probably until the Scottish Cup is sitting in our cabinet, then I'll revert to fanboy excitement every Thursday afternoon.

However, the knowledge around our opponents is definitely a step in the right direction rather than the standard MW line: 'It's all about us, we can't worry about the opposition'. This gives me hope...

:UK:

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

The Media in this country are fucking retarded.

They really are.

In his native Portugal, there are 3 main sports papers, Jogo, Record and A Bola. They all analyse football to death front page to back with formations, tactics, results, player performance. Only difference with each paper is their bias to either Porto, Benfica or Sporting. Example pic below...

jornal_01.jpg

Scotland its a fucking joke in comparison...

Tam Cowan patter and;

"Breaking news, Josh Windass risks rath of Gers fans with instagram post".

A load of fucking shite.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people being impressed with what he has to say.

Obviously he has to deliver on the pitch otherwise as people have rightly pointed out it will all just be talk, but after only one game I don't think it's daft for people to enjoy his press conferences and interviews.

10 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

They really are.

In his native Portugal, there are 3 main sports papers, Jogo, Record and A Bola. They all analyse football to death front page to back with formations, tactics, results, player performance. Only difference with each paper is their bias to either Porto, Benfica or Sporting. Example pic below...

jornal_01.jpg

Scotland its a fucking joke in comparison...

Tam Cowan patter and;

"Breaking news, Josh Windass risks rath of Gers fans with instagram post".

A load of fucking shite.

To be fair though mate all the papers here lean towards a club, all of them c**tic