PRESS CONFERENCE | Pedro Caixinha | 30 Mar 2017

maverick1200

It's early days and we'll see how his press conference responses adapt as games come and go.   Clearly if games are being won these sorts of contacts with the media are easier.  

Pedro by nature seems to be a leader, a boss.   A boss who works with his carefully hand picked lieutenants, including a to-be-appointed lieutenant knowledgeable in the Scottish game and in the culture of Rangers and who, when asked, can give an immediate direct and authoritative response to Pedro on Scottish football matters.   He is a boss with a plan and preferred means of getting that plan to work.   He understands he is dealing with the limitations of footballers and that everything is not going to slot into place instantly - its also part of his messaging to the Support and to the media.   

I get the impression he does not readily tolerate failure by people to execute on the pitch the things he coaches them to do.    High performance standards for individuals and high performance standards from the team is what I expect him to be looking to implement.   I don't expect to hear much Warburtonesque 'we're all in this together as a group' malarkey.   A shit shovel is a shit shovel - if he gets it wrong I suspect he may be his own biggest critic whereas Warburton simply tried to find a soft blame-free landing most times with a promise of training better and working harder.   

If anything he may be a shade too open with journos, but if that's his style then that's his style.   The important bit is not a 15 min press meeting.  The important bit is what he does during his 6 days a week with the players to get them into a consistent winning mentality.  

I hope the Club send a Scottish minder or two with him and his coaching team to the Dundee v Aberdeen game he is attending this week.   Apart from interpreting what the locals are saying and who the personalities are in the teams, he's bound to be a centre of attraction since the last manager was far too full of his own lead-from-the-rear importance and full of his own remote randomly acquired analytical skills to be bothered to go and sus out the opposition himself.   

Imagine the journo claiming to work 6 days a week.   Wonder if that was strictly accurate or a bit of CNN-type false news.   

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is refreshing is his knowledge of our next opposition and that he actually talks openly about them and how they play. It shows his attention to detail - and what our "behaviours"could be, most of the time this part of the game plan is a big secret - managers allude to the opposition but never actually tactically talk about them. If he does that in part at each presser then he might avoid some sound bites .... by actually talking tactically about the up and coming game...

I kinda like it

I feel Murderwell are gonna get pumped because of our behaviours

I'm not going to hate on the journalists for asking a stupid question about a square go, who's to say press conferences have to be 100% without humour? He's a foreign guy working in Scotland, although I wouldn't have asked the question, I think it's the type of thing us commoners say when we meet and have a chat with a foreign person. It might be a bit cringy, but I wouldn't say it's unprofessional or that the guy asking it is an idiot etc.

I think maybe folk are taking the journalistic chip on the shoulder a bit to far sometimes.

3 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Until he starts winning, then that won't be enough.

Oh I know - but it's better than the alternative - the amount of folk who moaned about Walters tactics were amazing and lol what he won! 

2 hours ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

A winning manager! Great idea let's get one of those.

Mccoist has an amazing wining ratio, unrivalled by most managers in world football. surely you must have wanted him to stay? 

Seems you love a wee dig at previous posters over their enthusiastic expectation. Great with hindsight.

Challange Mr BP.    What's your prediction on how Pedro with do results wise? Also are you excited by his ethos,  character and vision.

I loved Ally :pipe:

i have no idea about Pedro - none whatsoever - I liked how we played against Hamilton -then again loved MWs first game as well.

im starting from a positive side of neutral stance and hope I grow to love him! 

30 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Who's the clown that asked him what a square go is:lol:

No idea who it was but whoever the clown was he has obviously never had "a square go" calling the spat with  Yellow teeth and Duffy a square go, that was handbags ya fuckin' bawbag.

Trying not to get carried away but I like what he has to say, a lot!!

Learn more in 10 minutes listening to him than I did in 20 months of listening to Warburton. And I thought Warburton spoke brilliantly for the first 1/2 of his tenure. 

He seems very open about things and love that he can talk about the opposition, their players and what they do. Research into your opponents cannot be over estimated! 

56 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I loved Ally :pipe:

i have no idea about Pedro - none whatsoever - I liked how we played against Hamilton -then again loved MWs first game as well.

im starting from a positive side of neutral stance and hope I grow to love him! 

Aye but as soon as we're shite, you'll be backing the gaffer to the hilt.

:thinking:

5 hours ago, MasterD said:

Asking him if he knows what a square go is :duh:

Our fucking journalists!!

It is like when kids ask the foreign exchange student if they know what a mongo is or say "tell Mrs Mark she is a wank"...