Pedro - not getting good vibes

MacBoyd

19 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Maybe unlike MW, Pedro realises he doesn't have the players for the system he prefers so is just using the games to find out what he has, who is capable and who is worth keeping.

Hoping that's the case mate, upon reflection thats what it looks like but I'd like to see some change, we look laboured and players don't seem to know where to play

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uninspiring start but I'll be giving him the time he needs.this season is a fucking rite off he's a brave manager that's all I've learned so far.

i will not though attack other fans for voicing early concerns or criticism of the manager.

the minute we stop expecting to win every game is the minute we aren't Rangers anymore 

I think there are some still angry at Warburton and if Pedro fucks up these next few games he will get the shit for it even though he has no responsibility for the players here now.

It's a tough job he has and he will find this out this month.

3 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

My guess is he was given the job as he wouldn't ask for a lot of money for domestic players (unlike McInnes would have)

I think your right and that's why we have this nonsense about an impressive interview like he's here to sell pies on a match day. I'm just wondering why he ended up at a Sunday desert league if his Mexican exploits were good. I wouldn't be surprised if this board have never even watched videos of his teams and they came by his name through a chance conversation one of them had on holiday. 

I just hope it turns out he's good and we get lucky.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

I think there are some still angry at Warburton and if Pedro fucks up these next few games he will get the shit for it even though he has no responsibility for the players here now.

Think that's a fair point actually.

3 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Maybe unlike MW, Pedro realises he doesn't have the players for the system he prefers so is just using the games to find out what he has, who is capable and who is worth keeping.

That's what I find strange too. I doubt what you suggest though as managers always try and implement their ideas. It's what they know and what their training is geared towards producing. 

We'll just have to wait until next season to see what transpires and hope we battle our way to some results during what's left of this season.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Agree with that.. I thought at the time when everyone was shouting for a new manager in rather than a temp, it could get people frothing at the mouth if things didn't change. 

No time to build a team, or time to know the current players but still in the firing line for how bad that squad is. 

I wish I had a crystal ball because the thought of Pedro not being the real deal is alarming to say the least.

He speaks well, but then so did MW at the start, so that is no indication of whether he will be good or bad.

Naming the team (so far in advance) was strange and I would hope he does not do that again. He has not been able to get a good reaction to his training methods or able to inspire the players to play better. He does seem prepared to be brave in his decision making so hopefully that will turn out to be a positive. He has to be given time, but I worry about the results from now to the end of the season, because if they go badly then most of us will start to wonder if he can turn it around next season even with new players.

He must be worried at just how few of the players he would probably want to keep, but will have to keep some because he cannot get then moved on for a fee or they are happy to take the wage they are on. 

I have to assume he has been told he will get a really good transfer budget in the summer to buy 5 or 6 much better players than we have at the moment or he would not have taken the job. My concern is that the kitty will be poor and we will not get the players we need, but hope I have got that wrong. :unsure:

I don't think anyone can question Pedro commitment. He is at Auchenhowie at 5 am watching videos of opposition teams. He doesn't leave until night time.

If the players have a problem with the new manager, I suggest they fuck off asap. 

Im no convinced he is the man for the job, but we need to back him as much as we can.

If it goes pear shaped next season then we should go for the board and not him.

On 06/04/2017 at 5:05 PM, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Let the man find out along with us if they are capable or not, these were to be honest cheap no mark players that Warburton was convinced he could make into stars.

Now we have to start again which is fucking disgraceful, if the players are moaning fuck them, they are playing for Glasgow Rangers not some pishy English outfit.

The xpectations here are larger than anywhere else they've been, if they can't hack it thanks and goodbye.