Pedro - not getting good vibes

MacBoyd

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He's a patsy. He will shoulder the blame in 9-12 months for the Board's financial inabilities  

Yip. It is only 3 games in. It isn't his players. But if anything, we've actually got worse. 

Great managers get 10-50% more out of current players when they step in. The truth of the matter is that he really is a nobody.

Tin Hat on. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've seen no reaction at all from the players since he took over. That is obviously a worry. Anyone who thinks he is going to empty the entire squad and sign a whole new team are kidding themselves on. Yet that is exactly what is needed. We are in a horrible horrible state. 

8 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

After a good first game two really terrible ones. No idea what was going on against Motherwell and tonight there was just no rhythm or shape at all midfield was so weak.

But my main point is on the players attitudes. Every player in press conferences look a bit uneasy. The subs when getting told instructions have blank looks. And they are not happy with the holidays. Now these players maybe are just wimps but I am concerned with this 

Talk about reading into things and rushing to judgement....Thank fuck you know fuck all about fuck all.

31 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Yip. It is only 3 games in. It isn't his players. But if anything, we've actually got worse. 

Great managers get 10-50% more out of current players when they step in. The truth of the matter is that he really is a nobody.

Tin Hat on. 

Said before he was signed it was a joke signing just like Warburton , the guy was fuckin woeful in a terrible Qatar league. In his defence though nobody is going to turn that squad into a team and as most are on ridiculous contracts he's fucked because he won't be able to shift them and he won't get much cash from this board to improve the team.

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Players unhappy they are in 6 days tells you all you need to know about them, their mentality and what they think about Rangers.

But tbh there doesn't seem to be a style of play. Good or bad about MW you knew what he wanted to implement from the off. There's nothing that shows Pedro has any style or way of play yet which is worrying for me

He seemed to have a style against Hamilton pressing high up the pitch next two games back to shite is there a split in the dressing room

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I think he just want's to see them all playing in match time . Like he said in the interview the other day . That is how you assess them .

Not in training . He want's to know the dross from the keepers .

3rd is same as second now . We will be in Europe .

The only games that really matter are the OF games . The rest as far as I'm concerned , he can use to judge the garbage we have .

So far . Our Manager is doing what I would be doing under circumstances . .He can't change the personnel . He has to work every one of them to see if they are up to the job .

Yeah , I can see the sense of doing that now .

I'm not convinced it we should have gone down that route when he first came though , as I still believed , not only was 2nd achievable , but we needed to build a rhythm and consistency to have any chance of taking on the tarriers in the semi . 

Probably a bit short sighted of me right enough and best looking for long term goals. 

Read through the topic there and some people on here are mental.

Warburton,  Murty or Pedro can't get anything out of these players.

Murty had one good game other two were shockers,and how much of the good game was the Scum being not at it.Murty was a clueless fuck after the dundee game... Then a hero the week after.

Pedro has had three games, two in which the entire back 4 have been changed for each one game them all at half time.  We had two youth players making debuts and kept a clean sheet last night, away from home 

The problems have been/are the goalscorers.   I.e we don't have any.

Plenty chances last night none taken.  Our total goals scored his season is abysmal reading.

Fans cry out for Dodoo - mince,  Moh - tattie,  Garner - poor service excuse ( had plenty crosses and corners last night, Unlucky with 1 out of 3 headers. Waghorn - Big chip supper,  Mckay - powder puff,  Holt - inconsistent dwarf, Haliday - club mascot allowed to play in the team.

Let's just get this season over with, full clear out and rebuild job again in the summer.

We are just honking the now. The fact Kenny Miller is our top striker and Andy Haliday gets gametime sums up the quality of the squad. We are piss poor.

Really dont know where we go from here. A complete rebuild player wise is needed but where is the cash going to come from? Am scunnered.

9 hours ago, billscott said:

no manager could make these players better especially away from home  our away record is shocking  we have to have a clear out in the summer then judge pedro on who he replaces that lot with  graeme murty was getting praise from everyone but he lost at dundee and inverness  probably at the moment the 2 worst teams in the league we have to get players in who can handle the pressure of playing away from ibrox                            g

Our home performances are under par bar a few exceptions 

PC is not to blame as such and certainly needs to get at least a couple of transfer windows to build his own team and squad. He needs the opportunity having got rid of most of these imposters, and financial backing is obviously crucial to that.

However.

I don't think he's impressed until now.

After 2 weeks international break I'd have expected a lot more cohesion that we've had. We look like a team of lost strangers now more than ever.

I struggle at times with his philosophical English in pressers and wonder if the players 100% understand his instructions / their roles.

Wasn't impressed with the early team lines release either and it was to their advantage in the end.

I get that it's a combination of playing & trying to win / assessing players for next season, but at the moment on the playing side we're badly regressing. 

Not great at all, though not as culpable as these imposters in blue.

39 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Im convinced Pedro has no faith in 90% of our team and will look to move most of them on. Fuck knows how we'll fund this new team, but thats my gut feeling.

Fuck knows how he will offload them.  As per no doubt we will pay most of them off. Warburton said he would only recruit players who added value yet only Wes would command a half decent fee.

When was the last time we sold a player? I can only think Mcleod.  It's all very well berating Ashley for rinsing us on the retail deal but just take a look at our player purchases versus sales. 

It isn't his squad.... but disappointed by the lack of temporary "lift" a new manager has given. Nearly always a new appointment gives this.

The players look scunnered and I suspect behind the scenes the players are not harmonious - this probably pre-dates PC's appointment, but he hasn't given them a new lease of life either.

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

It isn't his squad.... but disappointed by the lack of temporary "lift" a new manager has given. Nearly always a new appointment gives this.

The players look scunnered and I suspect behind the scenes the players are not harmonious - this probably pre-dates PC's appointment, but he hasn't given them a new lease of life either.

Hamilton was the "lift". It's now gone.

We're a mess.

7 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Deserved maybe the wrong word we but we should of had a pen 100%

They had a couple of shouts,too & Garner got away with a deliberate handball, meaning his 2nd card would have led to a red.

Halliday escaped a stick on booking.

It is cutting both ways & the officials are just garbage.

Doesn't excuse getting the one youmention wrong, of course.

9 hours ago, KingKirk said:

under W&W we would've lost that tonight that's as organised as I have seen us defensively all season (tav) apart obviously

This most organised we've been is under Murty at the Piggery imo 

The main problem is our team has forgotten to win ugly. Many a rangers team has put in a shite performance but scraped over the line 1 nil. This current crop of players seem to run out of ideas then almost settle for dropping points. 

We need some proper leaders in the team who can stand up in these situations and make the difference. We currently have none (clint hill and miller are but obviously wont be here next season).

Pedro is on a hiding to nothing with this squad of mediocre players.

He hasn't tasted defeat yet and the doubts around his appointment are surfacing.

Once the players cross that white line they have a duty to the club, fans and themselves to do the best they can.

They aren't doing that just now, people are berating McKay for his delivery last night, but he put decent balls into the box at times that our powderpuff forwards/team refused to attack.

They should be showing more desire to get on the end of that cross and score a goal.

I thought we should have had 2 penalties, but that would be an easy excuse to make.

4 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Given they are in 6 days a week shouldn't they be even fitter ? I've noticed in the last two games against Motherwell and Kilmarnock the players looked quite lerthargic and not anywhere near the same pace and speed of previous games.........

Given that PC has come from the Quatar leagues i'd imagine he would be doing Quatar style training. (like what Barton did off his own back). The team could be feeling tired because they are not use to that level of training. Fans wanted a Jock Wallace type manager someone who would develop them tactically and mentally and increase training. I think PC is raising the standards bar of what is expected fitness wise to qualify for Rangers. I remember reading an article about football psychology and it said that it's harder to instill response training methods into players after they reach 25 years old. So I think we'll be seeing a few more coming through the ranks from our youth academy. 

It is interesting reading the varied comments. My own take is that I am feeling a sense of deja vu, in that there are similarities with LPG era. I.e. We have a squad that financially rewarded well about the level of performance/ results we have achieved. We now have a Manager that expects them to earn their pay, and they either do not have the ability or the will to do so. Interesting times ahead. We probably would have won our last two games with Murty. He got the best out of the players and they seemed to like him. . However Rangers deserve the sort of commitment from players that Pedro C is demanding- i.e. It is not a popularity contest. . I hope we don't succumb to over paid under performing players winning the battle of wills- or we will never get rid of the culture that has blighted the Club over the last few years. 

44 minutes ago, cp9 said:

This most organised we've been is under Murty at the Piggery imo 

Correct. 

Also, i know folk will disagree, but Wilson is by far the best defender at the club. He's no world beater by any means, but certainly the best we have. Did well at the piggery, did well last night. Should start with Hill when available. 

Pedro has the same problem all new managers have - he has to assess what he has - and the only way to do that is watching them in games and then make his decision. The problem is we have already seen these guys and made the decisions so it looks to us like Pedro is repeating the same old mistakes in the same old formation. However, he isn't repeating them from his perspective - learning they are shite is brand new information for him.

Pedro has a proper rebuilding job on his hands. MW has not left a good solid squad that can be augmented - he has left a lot of dross that needs replacing and if rumours are true are already turning their back on him. He has 1 transfer window to accomplish this.

Pedro has a huge task on his hands in the summer because as far as most fans are concerned the honeymoon period for Rangers to be back in the top flight finishes this season. 2nd/3rd, aye ok we will take it this season as its the first season back. Fighting for 3rd next season loses him his job at xmas.

Also, if you want to be negative, we have hired a complete nobody, who has done nothing in the game to accomplish this huge task.