Pedro - not getting good vibes

MacBoyd

After watching the two young lads making their debit last night I wouldn't be opposed to Pedro blooding a few more of the youths. Can't be any worse than the crap we're playing now and lets face it the season is almost a write off. Hopefully as he decides who he's going to get rid off  then we'll see this happen.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, RDFM said:

Im trying to make the point that Caixinha should be doing better than Murty and he isn't despite having a fortnight to work with them.

Wow a full fortnight? You're right we should be playing like Barcelona from the day he walked onto that training pitch for the first time.

It's actually embarrassing that we've got fans who're already asking for the manager to be sacked. It wont be until the end of the season when we see what he can really do.

21 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Wow a full fortnight? You're right we should be playing like Barcelona from the day he walked onto that training pitch for the first time.

It's actually embarrassing that we've got fans who're already asking for the manager to be sacked. It wont be until the end of the season when we see what he can really do.

Thankfully he will be given more than enough time. 

Panic merchants on here won't change that.

20 minutes ago, sonofbear said:

After watching the two young lads making their debit last night I wouldn't be opposed to Pedro blooding a few more of the youths. Can't be any worse than the crap we're playing now and lets face it the season is almost a write off. Hopefully as he decides who he's going to get rid off  then we'll see this happen.

you do know our development team are mid table and 17 points behind Hamilton.....

:huh:

I don't blame Caixinha entirely for the these last two draws, although it has to be asked what kind of manager puts players on who are carrying injuries?

So I'd say he's carrying a share of the blame for the draw with Motherwell.

I haven't seen how badly we played last night but by all accounts we were dreadful again, so how in three games can he go from winning with sharp attacking football to playing injured players and then to playing like an amateur side away to Killie?

What worked in his first game and can he possibly replicate it because we've a game at Hampdump we can't afford to lose and if we lose that as badly as I fear we might then Caixinha may turn out to be an even worse decision than Warburton and will be another nail in king's coffin,

The manager isn't going to be up to the job of ousting the scum because he won't get the tools to do so next season.

Wake the fuck up - The board are the issue here ; no ambition, no plan, no money, no clue. Some people can't see past the players and manager but remember who sanctioned and funded that shit.

It's not his squad and the players are poor but we should still be easily beating teams like Motherwell at Ibrox and Killie away from home.

His start has been very underwhelming tbh, not had the impact a new manager tends to usually have with results and performances. 

We are stuck with it though and will need to hope he has players identified and significant funds to bring them in otherwise we are just going to become a top 4 team next season with the shite we have at hand. 

It's depressing as fuck but with King at the helm we have little option. 

I dont understand how we can go through 3 managers this season and still be playing 3 in the middle of the park. We cant dominate a game with 3 in midfield. I am dreading the game on sunday because if we play like we have the last 2 games then we could be looking at one one of our worst defeats at the sheep for a long time

We were playing a Lee McCulloch led Kilmarnock side last night.

All those saying that our players are the problem, look I get it. We have players that are not close to the calibre required of Rangers. 

Last night we looked like a Kilmarnock. Our players are probably that level. I can't accept that they are worse than Kilmarnock. So the differentiator needs to be the manager. 

PC will get more time. I don't think anyone is calling for him to be sacked. That is just madness. He will get until next Christmas in the worst case. All I am reading, and by the way agreeing with, is that there are some concerning indications that he may not be what we need. 

I was convinced that bringing in the right manager would have got us playing better I was sure we could still challenge for 2nd, I felt that our underperforming players were capable of an extra 10 or 20% with the right tactics and the right setup. These same players have shown ability in spades in the past albeit inconsistently and too infrequently. But the ability is there. 

I believed that the international break was perfect timing for him to instill his formation, his tactics and his style  

So what do we get from the manager? We get strange subs, we get weird team talks about playing like a school kid. At half time against Motherwell his strategy was to calm them down and let them express themselves rather than having any formation. He releases several team news to the benefit of our opposition, he lays bare his entire knowledge of the opponents so as to tell them exactly what his cards are.

his explanations of the injuries has been odd at best, I find it too coincidental that we have a flurry of injuries just after he arrives and starts kicking the fuck out of them at training. I recall during Walters time, as they got further into the season training backed off a bit as the players were getting fatigued with the game loading. Yet he has come in and upped the work rate as if it's pre-season

Yes he has a lot of shite to work with but a good manager can turn shite into gold, or at least a team that can beat Motherwell and Kilmarnock. Where is his formation, what are his tactics, what is his ethos of how football should be played

tin hat firmly on. I wanted McLeish as interim while we sought a long term solution that could build a new team. mcLeish has made a career out of getting the most out of other people's teams and I believe we would still be in the hunt if we had chosen to do that

Of course Pedro may stil come good but the end of this season is gonna hurt like fuck as he not only figures out his team but also the Scottish game and the early indications are worrying

Fair enough it isn't his squad, but surely a manager can still stamp his style on a team? 

Playing 4-3-3, which hasn't worked all season, was criminal. 

Taking Garner and Waghorn was a mistake and leaving McKay on was woeful. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

you do know our development team are mid table and 17 points behind Hamilton.....

:huh:

You do know our first team are 35 points behind the beast and 12 behind the sheep ? Can a few youngsters be any worse.?

While I've major doubts about him being what we need as a manager the common denominator is the players - they are shite 

i don't think Pedros what we need but he will get a chance - the players on the other hand have ran out of chances 

19 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

on the miniscule budget he'll get handed, he has no chance.

True but he still has to do better with the players he's got here in the meantime - its double edged 

Every player that Warburton signed  was dropping further down the leagues the players at best are simply third tier in England

They also  haven't got the mentality of winning. it's highlighted when they are out of the comfort zone of Ibrox  I can't blame the players they simply  have  reached their  ceiling.  some games they might play a blinder but it is so inconsistent .

we just have to accept that in every sport a sportsman reaches a ceiling of their ability maybe even the odd day surpasses it    

Warburton has left us with a problem of clearing the decks to free up wages to bring in new players . We can't start judging Pedro with this shower I just don't believe the players can go up to another level no matter what system we play  

We simply have to wait for the summer and see if the board back Pedro into bringing in players that could improve the squad and hope that someone comes in for some of these players but i doubt we are going to shift them with the contracts they are on.  

What will next season even be? Basically what this season should have been?

I mean we won't win the title with a squad that's just being built with a good few of the current lot still here so it will be another disappointing season of seeing them run away with it unless we get HUGE investment which is never going to happen.

Nothing much we the support can do other than cross our fingers and hope they spend poorly and we get a windfall from somewhere.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Caixinha needs until 2018. If we're as shit then as we are now he's gone too. 

He has 2 transfer windows to sort a team out that can compete. This whole season is a write-off for me. Majority of these players can GTF. Massive, massive rebuild job ahead.

Problem is mate what if Pedros no good and we've wasted more time and money AGAIN if that happens then Robertson, Dickson and Park should be fired as they were responsible for this and appointed him off the back of coming across well in an interview 

and then the taigs will be on the verge of 9 in a row ... if the new manager in this scenario is no good too then I shudder to think where we will be 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Caixinha needs until 2018. If we're as shit then as we are now he's gone too. 

He has 2 transfer windows to sort a team out that can compete. This whole season is a write-off for me. Majority of these players can GTF. Massive, massive rebuild job ahead.

Sadly time is something we don't have but it's going to be needed.

The support won't tolerate it taking another few years to catch up as it will be 9IAR territory. 

We still have the mentality that we are number 1 and should be winning titles but the finances and squad reflect something very different. 

If we have a poor season next year Pedro will be chased and then it's another rebuild job and manager...the rot continues. We really need Pedro to be the real deal and for that to have any chance of happening he needs a hefty budget which we clearly do not have.

I'm not very optimistic about where we are headed tbh. 

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

Yeah , I can see the sense of doing that now .

I'm not convinced it we should have gone down that route when he first came though , as I still believed , not only was 2nd achievable , but we needed to build a rhythm and consistency to have any chance of taking on the tarriers in the semi . 

Probably a bit short sighted of me right enough and best looking for long term goals. 

Same prize for 3rd and 2nd mate so maybe he thought .Use these games to access .I genuinely think league position is now not a target 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Problem is mate what if Pedros no good and we've wasted more time and money AGAIN if that happens then Robertson, Dickson and Park should be fired as they were responsible for this and appointed him off the back of coming across well in an interview 

and then the taigs will be on the verge of 9 in a row ... if the new manager in this scenario is no good too then I shudder to think where we will be 

I agree mate. If Caixinha's a flop, their heads must roll. They can't do a Stewart Regan and stay in position no matter how many managerial flops they appoint. 

I'm not one for protests etc but honestly next season if it's the same as this year's and the fans can organise (lol) something, I'll come home and be at the frontline of that. 

We need money and if King can't provide the money then there has to be an alternative. I honestly don't even think it needs that much money. I think 10m well spent will give us a squad capable of challenging - we've discussed before on here how important it is to scout in the right markets. Warburton knew the English leagues so well and yet the scum still found Dembele and took him for 500k. Imagine we had him up front instead of these wasters Garner or Waghorn. Baldy prick fucked up