Pedro - not getting good vibes

MacBoyd

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Same prize for 3rd and 2nd mate so maybe he thought .Use these games to access .I genuinely think league position is now not a target 

In the long term , I agree . That makes most sense .

Just that I still have ambitions of a Scottish cup had we concentrated on that . Ambitious , I know :lol:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Murty got a win v Morton losses to Dundee and ict then a last minute win vs saints and a draw at the piggery.

pc has has a win and 2 draws with same players and the form is the same as when warburton was in charge..  the players are shite and not good enough for Rangers to be champions

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Murty who lost to the same team Aberdeen hammered 7-0? Pedro isn't picking the team and sending them out to play, he's changing the tactics entirely.

The point isn't "Murty is such a great manager", the point is that Pedro should be one hundred times better as he's our actual manager and has had weeks with the players.

Also, the facts have not changed, we have no style of football at all.

15 hours ago, RDFM said:

I'm not attacking or writing off the manager but if Murty, who has only ever coached youth sides before, can get more out of them then why can't he?

We have no style of play whatsoever, we look like a blue wearing Hamilton atm.

What was Murtys first 3 results?

35 minutes ago, gsa said:

There are players out there in Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Africans with French or Belgian passports, South Americans with Portuguese or Italian passports who could massively improve our 1st 11 never mind squad. But are we looking at those players? Are we already making contact with agents?

Are we selling Rangers as a destination for young hungry players across the globe? I very much doubt it.

We lurch from one shambles to the next. 

I defended mark Warburton for long spells but one thing he should've got his balls booted for was this "English market" nonsense. Ludicrous to have a club like ours shopping in the most expensive market in the world. 

You're manager of Rangers, buying solely from England because you "know the market" is not good enough. It's your fucking job to know the other markets and if you don't then do some research. 

Hopefully pedro will be more switched on. 

he was a know it all smart arse who thought the world revolved around england. grossly underestimated the competitiveness of the top tier in scotland and assumed that because lads were playing down south that they would be head and shoulders above anything north of the border

he embarrassed himself with his stubborn approach to transfers and all his bullshit contradictions; "i want a young lean squad", then goes and brings in hill, barton and kranjcar, along with all his pish about youth seeing a pathway to the first team yet never ever playing youth. 

i hope pedro is the real deal but nothing i have seen thus far indicates that he is the right man for rangers. he has achieved nothing of any significant note at the top level, was diabolical in Qatar, and the more i hear him speak the less i understand him when he goes off on 3 minute philosophical responses. imagine what the players are thinking. they're shit at the best of times and with mckay's comments in the paper the other day where he said he didnt know what formation they were playing, i cant help but feel there is a disconnect between our fuckwit players and our new-age theory-driven manager. 

hope this works out, but as i said many a time before he was appointed this could be a fucking car crash. lets see what funds he is given (:lol:) and how he moulds his own squad who actually understand what it is that is being asked of them. at the moment it's a fucking riddy. 

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

The point isn't "Murty is such a great manager", the point is that Pedro should be one hundred times better as he's our actual manager and has had weeks with the players.

Also, the facts have not changed, we have no style of football at all.

We do t have a style- your right but there was no style since October 2015.  The players are just not good enough- they probably show up well in training but as soon as the jersey goes on their backs they can't handle it.  We spent the second highest budget and signed a 3-4 rate players

8 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

We do t have a style- your right but there was no style since October 2015.  The players are just not good enough- they probably show up well in training but as soon as the jersey goes on their backs they can't handle it.  We spent the second highest budget and signed a 3-4 rate players

Aw yeah I'm not disagreeing about the players, they're fucking dreadful.

22 minutes ago, gmcf said:

In the long term , I agree . That makes most sense .

Just that I still have ambitions of a Scottish cup had we concentrated on that . Ambitious , I know :lol:

I think you are right though mate .SC had better be an ambition for every one of them :cup::champagne:

26 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Ah yes I did say that we should be playing like Barcelona and he should be sacked because we're not.

What an insightful post.

The sacking part wasn't aimed at you, I've seen numerous people online, Facebook etc on Rangers pages saying "He shouldn't have been given the job in the 1st place" "He's been terrible appointment, he's another Le Guen" "We should get rid & get a better manager" which I feel is absolutely disrespectful, the guy's came into a team full of players who literally don't give a fuck & clearly don't want to be here.

I was being sarcastic when I said we should be playing like Barcelona, but you did say there's been no improvement in the 2 weeks since he's taking over from Murty. It's going to take time to get the players to play a completely different way to what we did under MW. Personally I wont judge him till next season when he has his full backroom team & own players in place.

Just now, King_gazza said:

The sacking part wasn't aimed at you, I've seen numerous people online, Facebook etc on Rangers pages saying "He shouldn't have been given the job in the 1st place" "He's been terrible appointment, he's another Le Guen" "We should get rid & get a better manager" which I feel is absolutely disrespectful, the guy's came into a team full of players who literally don't give a fuck & clearly don't want to be here.

I was being sarcastic when I said we should be playing like Barcelona, but you did say there's been no improvement in the 2 weeks since he's taking over from Murty. It's going to take time to get the players to play a completely different way to what we did under MW. Personally I wont judge him till next season when he has his full backroom team & own players in place.

I'm not going to judge him either but I do think it's alarming that, despite the players being awful, we've done very poorly against some of the League's worst despite largely being successful against them during Warburton's tenure.

39 minutes ago, OhW said:

I know what he said, that's why I commented on your misrepresentation of what he said.  One thing he did not say was "we should be playing like Barcelona".

Like I said when I quoted him I was being sarcastic because people are expecting instant miracles. Let's be honest our squad is horrific. There's at least 4/5 players easily that we can get rid of in the summer. Results/Performance's wont improve until this deadwood is moved on.

You also failed to answer my question on why Pedro should be doing a better job than Murty after being at the club for less than a month?

7 minutes ago, RDFM said:

I'm not going to judge him either but I do think it's alarming that, despite the players being awful, we've done very poorly against some of the League's worst despite largely being successful against them during Warburton's tenure.

The players are playing a completely different way to what we were under MW, It takes time to for them to change how we've been playing for the best part of two years.

Looking at the stats from last night (As I was unable to watch it) it looked like we were very wasteful up front which has been a common theme all season. Now we know that Pedro isn't scared if throwing in kids, I'd like to see him maybe promote a striker from our youth team maybe someone like Zak Rudden? As Garner couldn't score in a month of Sundays & would be one of the 1st people I'd tell to leave.

5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Given that PC has come from the Quatar leagues i'd imagine he would be doing Quatar style training. (like what Barton did off his own back). The team could be feeling tired because they are not use to that level of training. Fans wanted a Jock Wallace type manager someone who would develop them tactically and mentally and increase training. I think PC is raising the standards bar of what is expected fitness wise to qualify for Rangers. I remember reading an article about football psychology and it said that it's harder to instill response training methods into players after they reach 25 years old. So I think we'll be seeing a few more coming through the ranks from our youth academy. 

I wont mention names, but someone i know is playing for a swiss team. Hes been around a few different countries in europe, and says 6 or even 7 day weeks are the norm. Because theres only so much training a footballer can do in a day, its a shorter day than it would be if you were in a normal 9-5 job. 

I see a few comments about how we should be doing better against the lesser teams in the league but you need to remember these teams raise their games against us.

Watching his after match interview last night he mentioned the mentality of playing with us and having to win, i think he gets that most of our squad don't have the mentality of win at all costs and to deal with every game being the opposition's cup final

Just hope he will be backed with a major overhaul to fix this?

I really do hope that Pedro can produce a very much better Rangers side next season, one that is a credible title challenger.  

Whether King accepts it or not it seems to me that what's left of the credibility and Rangers futures of King, Robertson, Dickson and the rest of the Board are tied to the progress Pedro makes in creating a title-challenging Rangers side.   He's their pick - I don't buy into King distancing himself from the selection process - he's the Chairman and the buck stops with him.   Actually its his lack of investment bucks that are at the heart of the problem.

It seems to me that Pedro has launched a bit of a shakedown process on the first team squad.   Sifting out those who are prepared to adapt, respond and deliver from those who are marking time waiting (or hoping) to be released next month and who want to move on to other clubs.  I know Pedro is not a well-known manager and may be a gamble.     But if, as I hope he does, he has the ideas, technical knowledge, tactical versatility, and above all the leadership skills to consistently get the best out of players once they buy into his way of working then maybe, just maybe, we will see a much improved side next season.  Depends of course on the extent to which King and the Board will back Pedro's shopping list of players he wants to bring in.   

Good leaders, the most effective leaders, take people where they do not want to go in order to deliver the very best success.  Out of their comfort zones.  Out of their predictable habits and ways of working.     Some respond and thrive.  Others find their way to the exit door.   When this shakedown period ends and we see the squad for next season and how they perform during the season, especially the first half of the season, then is the time when the spotlight of judgement is likely to fall more brightly on Pedro.................and equally on King.

Bear in mind that apart from doing all that can be done to win the league as soon as possible, there is the matter of 150th anniversary starting to appear on the near horizon.  We must, we absolutely must, have a team in that season that is very capable of winning the title and which sets about its business to do just that.   Preferably a class title-winning team well before that season.

Gut feeling is Pedro won't work out.  My guess is he was given the job as he wouldn't ask for a lot of money for domestic players (unlike McInnes would have) and Pedro's worldly experience probably meant the board could crack the scouting and managerial role in one fell swoop.  It is early days and Pedro deserves 2 transfer windows but we need money to invest and the shite cleared out and a game plan, not just go out and play like kids and other meaningless pish.

18 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

But tbh there doesn't seem to be a style of play. Good or bad about MW you knew what he wanted to implement from the off. There's nothing that shows Pedro has any style or way of play yet which is worrying for me

Maybe unlike MW, Pedro realises he doesn't have the players for the system he prefers so is just using the games to find out what he has, who is capable and who is worth keeping.

Sad days when we are relying on a no mark manager to turn around a team of shite players. Pedro is not going to be given much to spend. If the board were serious about investing they would have made damn sure a manager of caliber was in place to spend the money.