Pedro - not getting good vibes

MacBoyd

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What will next season even be? Basically what this season should have been?

I mean we won't win the title with a squad that's just being built so it will be another disappointing season of seeing them run away with it unless we get HUGE investment which is never going to happen.

Nothing much we the support can do other than cross our fingers and hope they spend poorly and we get a windfall from somewhere.

It's a mess.

We're due to lose Hyndman who has done well, Toral and then possibly those out of contract Miller Hill and Senderos. Leaving us with a contracted squad we either need to sell (stop laughing), allow to move, or pay off. And if it's a pay off then that will only likely impact on any budget we have.

There's never going to be anywhere near the budget we need, that's always just been bullshit from King.

So really as it stands we'll likely only be able to afford to replace the 5 mentionned above regardless of how many PC needs and wants to bring in.

As I say, a complete mess.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Sadly time is something we don't have but it's going to be needed.

The support won't tolerate it taking another few years to catch up as it will be 9IAR territory. 

We still have the mentality that we are number 1 and should be winning titles but the finances and squad reflect something very different. 

If we have a poor season next year Pedro will be chased and then it's another rebuild job and manager...the rot continues. We really need Pedro to be the real deal and for that to have any chance of happening he needs a hefty budget which we clearly do not have.

I'm not very optimistic about where we are headed tbh. 

I agree with this. Pretty doom & gloom around us just now, don't know where the money is going to come from to really give Caixinha the opportunity to overhaul the squad. The number of players I'd keep is single figures which is mental

Dembelle was way out of our reach sadly given his wages, we cant attract players like that because we can't offer wages in excess of £25k a week anymore.

He might have cost buttons in a fee but his contract would kill us.

Annoying we brought in a highly rated player in a similar fashion but he has been a HUGE waste. 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's a mess.

We're due to lose Hyndman who has done well, Toral and then possibly those out of contract Miller Hill and Senderos. Leaving us with a contracted squad we either need to sell (stop laughing), allow to move, or pay off. And if it's a pay off then that will only likely impact on any budget we have.

There's never going to be anywhere near the budget we need, that's always just been bullshit from King.

So really as it stands we'll likely only be able to afford to replace the 5 mentionned above regardless of how many PC needs and wants to bring in.

As I say, a complete mess.

Yeah it really is sobering to sit down and think about it all like this.

I mean we can see "Get rid of him, him and him" but no team worth their salt will touch these players because they have been massive failures in a poor league. Pay off as you say would hit our funds so that's a poor option too.

We are stuck with the likes of Kiernan because Warburton signed him on an extended deal before he slithered off. 

We are shit at the moment, blame the players, board,  king etc. It is brutal thats a fact.

The only positive is the two young lads came in and done ok.

Not sure about pedro myself but got to give him time.

We should have had a penalty aswell

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

fucken hell the panic in this thread from a few who obviously expected a miracle from pc in just under a month. Given backing he'll get it right imo

Eh it's been going on since King came in...

No ones really slating Pedro but merely alluding to the fact he will need a shit load of money to stand a chance here. 

What backing will he be given Kirk, :lol: ffs. It's the board backing in £ terms he will need and we clearly don't have it. 

We're in the position of having no choice but to give the manager time. If he came in to what was generally considered a capable, underperforming squad, then you could look for results straight away.  As it stands, he has so much work to do that we have no choice but to give him the time that's so obviously needed. It's a huge risk, because if he turns out to be a dud, then we've wasted another year and a half, but the Board having taken the risk with an unknown quantity, it's what we have to do. There's not much option but to get behind the guy and cross the fingers.

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

fucken hell the panic in this thread from a few who obviously expected a miracle from pc in just under a month. Given backing he'll get it right imo

Don't see panic. See a negative but realistic outlook from many.

Are you still of the opinion the 30m is coming soon? Or that the bheasts are still shite and we're only 3 or 4 players from being consistently better than them? Or that PC will turn this squad into title challengers?

You stick to thinking we'll win every game with no basis for it other than "we're Rangers".

I'll stay on planet earth, be realistic and objective.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Eh it's been going on since King came in...

No ones really slating Pedro but merely alluding to the fact he will need a shit load of money to stand a chance here. 

What backing will he be given Kirk, :lol: ffs. It's the board backing in £ terms he will need and we clearly don't have it. 

Without knowing I'd rather not get myself worked up about it now when absolutely nothing is gonna change till the summer. All I know is he needs backing...

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Think we can all agree the focus is mostly on the players and board in this thread than Pedro's ability.

Alex Ferguson couldn't even turn this current team into a winning machine. We need a complete clear out and rebuild of the squad if we're going to be taken seriously, and it needs to be done now, not over time. 

Even if we only manage to take 10 points out of the 21 left, I still wouldn't hold PC accountable.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Don't see panic. See a negative but realistic outlook from many.

Are you still of the opinion the 30m is coming soon? Or that the bheasts are still shite and we're only 3 or 4 players from being consistently better than them? Or that PC will turn this squad into title challengers?

You stick to thinking we'll win every game with no basis for it other than "we're Rangers".

I'll stay on planet earth, be realistic and objective.

whatever you believe mate pc is not the issue here. Some on this thread believe he is reading back..

I expect to see massive movement this summer in regards to players you mention 3/4 players more likely 13/14 is what am hoping for.

35 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I agree mate. If Caixinha's a flop, their heads must roll. They can't do a Stewart Regan and stay in position no matter how many managerial flops they appoint. 

I'm not one for protests etc but honestly next season if it's the same as this year's and the fans can organise (lol) something, I'll come home and be at the frontline of that. 

We need money and if King can't provide the money then there has to be an alternative. I honestly don't even think it needs that much money. I think 10m well spent will give us a squad capable of challenging - we've discussed before on here how important it is to scout in the right markets. Warburton knew the English leagues so well and yet the scum still found Dembele and took him for 500k. Imagine we had him up front instead of these wasters Garner or Waghorn. Baldy prick fucked up

Good post mate 

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

whatever you believe mate pc is not the issue here. Some on this thread believe he is reading back..

I expect to see massive movement this summer in regards to players you mention 3/4 players more likely 13/14 is what am hoping for.

I'm hoping for those numbers too rather than the 5 I've mentioned.

But unless players are told they're not wanted and choose to move, then we're restricted. There's no way we'll bring in 13/14 and continue to pay those we've got contracted AND the salaries of better players. None.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

he does and if he doesn't get results then he'll not see much more than £3 million in the summer i reckon.

I agree - 3 million would be considered good money and investment by pricks like King and Robertson when in reality all that would do is maybe, if we're lucky and agreeable to him and Bournemouth buy us Hyndman - which I'd do if it was upto me but what about the rest of the squad ?? 

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm hoping for those numbers too rather than the 5 I've mentioned.

But unless players are told they're not wanted and choose to move, then we're restricted. There's no way we'll bring in 13/14 and continue to pay those we've got contracted AND the salaries of better players. None.

My hope is Warburton spunks some cash on some of the players he brought here it's bad when you think that may be our only avenue in team investment but it's where we are now under this board.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I agree - 3 million would be considered good money and investment by pricks like King and Robertson when in reality all that would do is maybe, if we're lucky and agreeable to him and Bournemouth buy us Hyndman - which I'd do if it was upto me but what about the rest of the squad ?? 

i don't think the squad will be as decimated as many expect which is a real problem as they're just not good enough to challenge for anything other than second.

Even if the scum sell Dembele, they'll finance few top players to replace him by selling Craig Gordon as well and using the Dembele dollars and Gordon groats for a few decent players for CL games. meanwhile we'll be taking english division 3 players or foreigners we've never heard of on loan.

There are players out there in Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Africans with French or Belgian passports, South Americans with Portuguese or Italian passports who could massively improve our 1st 11 never mind squad. But are we looking at those players? Are we already making contact with agents?

Are we selling Rangers as a destination for young hungry players across the globe? I very much doubt it.

We lurch from one shambles to the next. 

I defended mark Warburton for long spells but one thing he should've got his balls booted for was this "English market" nonsense. Ludicrous to have a club like ours shopping in the most expensive market in the world. 

You're manager of Rangers, buying solely from England because you "know the market" is not good enough. It's your fucking job to know the other markets and if you don't then do some research. 

Hopefully pedro will be more switched on. 

20 minutes ago, OhW said:

Ugh, that's not what he said. This is just the same as people who say "who do you want us to sign, Messi?!" when people moan about us signing dross.

He said

Im trying to make the point that Caixinha should be doing better than Murty and he isn't despite having a fortnight to work with them.

Why should he be doing better than Murty at this stage? Murty knew the team practically inside out compared to Pedro. Like he said, he's been in 2 weeks give the guy a chance!

4 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Wow a full fortnight? You're right we should be playing like Barcelona from the day he walked onto that training pitch for the first time.

It's actually embarrassing that we've got fans who're already asking for the manager to be sacked. It wont be until the end of the season when we see what he can really do.

Ah yes I did say that we should be playing like Barcelona and he should be sacked because we're not.

What an insightful post.

They probably don't fully understand what they're being asked to do. That's not unusual for a team in transition. However, I'm pretty sure that the ones who are willing to adapt are the ones who will stay. I have a feeling McKay will be one of those that leaves, he looks and sounds lost. We did lack a midfield and at this moment that's something the manager has to fix, as is the lack of firepower up-front. I've never been one to favour any particular formation, but it's fairly obvious that Garner needs a strike partner and that only Miller is capable of that at this time. He is the only poacher. I have noticed that Murty has been very much part of the coaching staff, so I don't think that it's because Pedro doesn't listen, it's because there's a real lack of leadership in the centre of the park of the Wilkins, Ferguson, Souness type and Hill is the nearest we have to Butcher, Gough, Amoruso. This team needs to become a team.

14 hours ago, RDFM said:

I'm not attacking or writing off the manager but if Murty, who has only ever coached youth sides before, can get more out of them then why can't he?

We have no style of play whatsoever, we look like a blue wearing Hamilton atm.

Murty got a win v Morton losses to Dundee and ict then a last minute win vs saints and a draw at the piggery.

pc has has a win and 2 draws with same players and the form is the same as when warburton was in charge..  the players are shite and not good enough for Rangers to be champions

14 hours ago, RDFM said:

I'm not attacking or writing off the manager but if Murty, who has only ever coached youth sides before, can get more out of them then why can't he?

We have no style of play whatsoever, we look like a blue wearing Hamilton atm.

Murty who lost to the same team Aberdeen hammered 7-0? Pedro isn't picking the team and sending them out to play, he's changing the tactics entirely.