Pedro - not getting good vibes

MacBoyd

Team looked really pumped for the Hamilton game, everyone was pleased with how that went thinking 2 weeks to build on that we were gonna get a performance against Motherwell. But that game and tonight's have been a damp squid. Not sure what to make of it to be honest.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Dietspam said:

Team looked really pumped for the Hamilton game, everyone was pleased with how that went thinking 2 weeks to build on that we were gonna get a performance against Motherwell. But that game and tonight's have been a damp squid. Not sure what to make of it to be honest.

Aye you do, you don't want to say it on here 

gut feelings are usually right 

As much as i like hearing how the management have scouted the opposition, i think he's too open days before a game. Like Motherwell, he told the press how he thought they would set up, so they went the complete opposite. Kilmarnock...he released the team news more than 24 hours early allowing them to adapt to that. I think the details of how he intendeds to setup and exploits other teams weakness should be left to the pre-match interview with Rangers TV.

Warburton, Murty, Caxinha - 3 different managers, one common denominator - the players. 

On the other hand football is as us supporters, fickle. We'll beat the sheepshaggers and the taigs in the cup and at home and we'll still be in this Groundhog rollercoaster of mediocrity.

55 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You would think these players would be bursting a gut to impress the new manager and stay at the club. But no it appears they couldn't give a fuck, and don't care if they stay at the biggest and best club they will ever play for. 

Says all you need to know about this bunch of so called footballers. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, CottonRunt said:

If whats being said about a rift between Pedro and the players is true its bad news.

We are going to have to keep at least some of the squad, and if they are pissed off they are not going to be giving 100%

It's hardly bad news, it's the first step in telling them to shape the fuck up or fuck the fuck off.

If any of them aren't big enough and driven enough to take a jolt to their cosy life then they're best off away. Test of character. 

To be fair to the manager it does take time to work through what he has and accurately review the players pro's and con's and get a winning mentality going, he has had a number of injuries to contend with to his defence and those who started would not have been his preferred choice tonight imo

This squad of players better start to understand that they are playing for their Rangers careers, if they have any sense of professional pride left then they really need to start to show it. Frustrated but hoping that Pedro lets them know that performance and lack of confidence is unacceptable, they have to do much better on Sunday, way better

37 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I thought the team were trying to embarrass the manager tonight. They're not happy about the Jock Wallace style training and coming in for 6 days. We could have won tonight's game, we had 19 shots and 13 corners and did absolutely nothing with them. 

Half these players act as if they won't be at Ibrox next August. Move the quitters on whoever they are.

I wonder if Warburton had a word in their shell-like about the glories of Nottingham, before he disappered?

21 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

As much as i like hearing how the management have scouted the opposition, i think he's too open days before a game. Like Motherwell, he told the press how he thought they would set up, so they went the complete opposite. Kilmarnock...he released the team news more than 24 hours early allowing them to adapt to that. I think the details of how he intendeds to setup and exploits other teams weakness should be left to the pre-match interview with Rangers TV.

Telling the press about the opposition seems a bit put on to me as if our press guys have told him to give a bit of info to impress us because MW didn't bother with the opposition at all.

I don't think it's something that he'll continue with long term. At least I hope not.

13 minutes ago, insider said:

It's early days yet, but unless you have an absolutely fantastic winning machine of a first team I don't think it's very clever to reveal your team earlier than you need to.

I think that it was a shrewd move from the manager he took away those advantages stripped them bare so he could get a true assessment of how the players play tactically and mentally. 

Just watched the Berryman interview & he says he never knew he was starting before yesterday's press conference & only found out via twitter! 

Pedro unable to handle the media as well as first thought and was lured into giving his team despite not having any prior intention to do so! (I assume, if he had intended to surely he would tell his players first) 

In terms of giving me the fear, I dunno! His set up is still very much Warburtons, I thought we might have seen some change in that department by now! Is it a case of sticking with it till the end of the season then bringing in his own players to fit his formation or does he believe in this style of football as well? 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You would think these players would be bursting a gut to impress the new manager and stay at the club. But no it appears they couldn't give a fuck, and don't care if they stay at the biggest and best club they will ever play for. 

Says all you need to know about this bunch of so called footballers. 

Spot on not one of these players will play for a bigger club than they play for right now. 

7 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Just watched the Berryman interview & he says he never knew he was starting before yesterday's press conference & only found out via twitter! 

Pedro unable to handle the media as well as first thought and was lured into giving his team despite not having any prior intention to do so! (I assume, if he had intended to surely he would tell his players first) 

In terms of giving me the fear, I dunno! His set up is still very much Warburtons, I thought we might have seen some change in that department by now! Is it a case of sticking with it till the end of the season then bringing in his own players to fit his formation or does he believe in this style of football as well? 

Beerman was at the wind up, Bates IN his INterview tell you that they were told on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

After a good first game two really terrible ones. No idea what was going on against Motherwell and tonight there was just no rhythm or shape at all midfield was so weak.

But my main point is on the players attitudes. Every player in press conferences look a bit uneasy. The subs when getting told instructions have blank looks. And they are not happy with the holidays. Now these players maybe are just wimps but I am concerned with this 

A few will be replaced in the summer with PC's players; maybe that will be enough of a shakeup to get the team playing again.