Yesterday taught us nothing new

Gaz52

2 hours ago, Young Bob said:

I think Wes was unsighted. I blame the midfield more for the 1st than I do the goalie.

I second that. The amount of space they had to play around was criminal. It was like those dummy things they set up as a wall for free kick practice at training. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Far better my arse. The scum were borderline competent in a couple of phases of play and that might be flattering them.

They had a few players better than ours and one of those was, undeniably, the ref.

Furthermore, we were without 3 centrebacks, two full backs, our two "marquee" midfield signings (one of whom has left) and were playing two kids in defence.

Yesterday taught me that if we spend 2 or 3 million wisely, we'll be champions next year.

I really give up now. Ffs Oleg.

We are a fair bit off them at the moment, there's absolutely no denying it, are they great, are they fuck - but they've gone the domestic season undefeated so far, so they must be doing something ok.

We had some good chances against them, I've also seen them in a few other games where the opposition missed clear chances... But they've managed that thing we can't seem to - create half decent chances and convert them, often.

When you look at some (most) of our away performances this year, you can see the players just can't handle the pressure, they can't handle teams getting in their faces or pressuring them on the ball - one thing any rangers player should know is that every other cunt is going to try their absolute hardest against you, at all levels, and all the fans want to see as a bare minimum, is to match that. If we match them for effort and commitment we'll win most games.

Unfortunately with this group of players they regularly don't show up and there's no amount of tactics or formations that can counteract cunts just not trying. 

No matter what you think, the scum have players who look interested in playing, we have guys that just show up

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Even as a pessimist I don't think the gap of 31 points tells the full story. Only a fool would deny there's not a decent sized gap, but it's not far as the league table and some believe.

There's been a few games the scum have won undeservedly i.e penalty against St Johnstone for example, in-fact they have won 11 games this season by a single goal, it's not like they brush everyone aside every week. We're behind Aberdeen but nobody will convince me we don't have a better team and squad than them. This season everything has went in favour of the scum, whilst we've had issues on and off the park, three managers and in house fighting, factors that must be analysed. If the season started next week, I would back us to finish second comfortably., genuinely believe we should be 12+ points better off due to poor officiating and mainly bad finishing/individual errors.

The clear difference is they have match winners in the final third of the park who have produced a moment of magic to bail them out at various moments of the season, whilst we're stuck with shit like Waghorn, Dodoo. A gap of 15-18 points is something we have cut down in the next two seasons. A couple of decent CBs and a very good striker would go a long way of helping bridge the gap. Anybody can quote me on this, but the scum after 33 games next season will be 10 points+ worse off next season and will have lost at least 2/3 games by this period.

The media helping to overvalue some of their players, is a real concern though. Hopefully they fail to make the CL this season, as that will hold them back a bit. 

I think it will easier for them next season as we will still be in Chaos and they will strengthen from a position of Strength. I hate saying that as well.

If they're that far ahead, how come the average result rounds to 2-1?

Our problem has been Warburton's inefficient attack-attack-attack-but-never-defend-or-shoot strategy.

We've just seen a guy whose strategy was effectively to lose matches in a very aesthetically pleasing way.

Walter didn't need to buy a Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Thierry Henry to draw with Barca.

Fuck, we drew with these supposed superstars in their own septic cesspit, none of whom would get into my 5-a-side team and we're a man short at the moment.

3 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

I've seen Wes save much more difficult shots than that. Some of the ones he sav duetd vs Aberdeen were miles harder to save than that. 

Watching the replay, he doesn't even put that much power into the shot. 

It was a cracking goal mate, wrong footed and outwitted Wes as Wes didnt expect avfirst time hit, credit where ITs due, Wes wasnt the problem at the goal, the problem was how we dealt with a basic punt up the park as we have lost many goals the same way for two yearsdue to wrong decision making between defenders getting drawn here and there.

2 hours ago, gersandy said:

I was surprised they managed to pass the ball into the net like that. I cant make my mind up if it was a great finish, or we fucked up royally.

I will have to watch it again mate (which I don't really want to do), but I think both our centre backs were caught out with a simple long ball. Shocking. It was compounded by Haliday not tracking back fast enough to put a defensive tackle in against the runner (magregor) who scored. Basic stuff which has cost us badly, time and time again this season.  So yeah, we fucked up!

10 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

If they're that far ahead, how come the average result rounds to 2-1?

Our problem has been Warburton's inefficient attack-attack-attack-but-never-defend-or-shoot strategy.

We've just seen a guy whose strategy was effectively to lose matches in a very aesthetically pleasing way.

Walter didn't need to buy a Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Thierry Henry to draw with Barca.

Fuck, we drew with these supposed superstars in their own septic cesspit, none of whom would get into my 5-a-side team and we're a man short at the moment.

What's our average result out of interest?

The fact is they've won most games this season and have been very consistent in getting those results.

Our problem is attitude, you can achieve something if you have guys that try, or have ability (the ideal is both) - at the moment we have neither

there is no denying they are better than us. we have yet to beat them this season. fuck the only time we've beat them since we were dumped down was the semi final last year and that came down to pure luck in penalties. as much as i hate to say it they are the best team in scotland right now and we have a long fucking way to go before we can even dream about being better than them. 

6 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Pains me to say it, but Brown had his best game against us this season yesterday, the wee baldy midden should have been banned as well.

We couldn't get near any of their midfielders, their full-backs were in our half most of the game, their centre-backs could have had a sleep and still not let our forward line score.

Even through my blue-tinted specs I can see they played well yesterday and we had nothing in return. Other than a few half chances for Miller and Waghorn being Waghorn

They seemed to easily contain us and stop us playing completely. It was similar to but worse than the league cup game when they were also streets ahead of us. 

I think we don't seem as sure of what we're supposed to be doing under Pedro but it might just be the players just can't compete with this lot if they play well like you say. Rogers seems to sometimes nullify us in these games. 

We do need better players so here's hoping this lot just fucked up yesterday because under Warburton or even Murty the team always struck me as knowing what they were about but shit up front but now we see teams like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, and the sheep looking good against us for large periods in games.

Hopefully Pedro and the players give us better on Saturday. Both to blame for yesterday for me. But we need to start seeing something as I can't see any sign of improvement on the park apart from having more men behind the ball.

Hopefully it is a bit of both because we have competed much better than yesterday against that lot before this season. Otherwise the clear out will be almost the full squad.

We need to see some solid replacements through the spine of the team though as we lack leadership all over the park.

I reckon three good signings at £3 million a piece would completely transform our squad. A centreback on par with Cuellar or Bougherra, a centre mid that can boss a game and a striker that's clinical and can put away more chances than not. However, I don't believe we'll spend anymore than £800k on a single player that's no better than we currently have.

7 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

We can talk about how some players are terrible, about how the manager picked the wrong players etc.

But let's be honest here, Celtic are a far better team with better players in every position, with better players sitting on their bench than we've got in our starting 11. 

Does it make it hurt any less? Does it fuck. Probably makes it worse to be honest, seeing how far behind we are. 

I think our defence has looked a lot better since Pedro came and that's something we badly needed. I like the posters on here who go to youth games and give us reports and I respect their opinions, so this isn't a dig at them, but I read nothing but bad reviews on Bates but other than Hill, he's probably the best CB we've played this season. 

The forward players are shocking, there's no creativity at all, Waghorn has the first-touch of a trampoline and the same level of footballing-intelligence as Beyonce.

The only way we were getting a result yesterday was if Celtic had an off-day but they didn't, everyone of their players turned up and wanted it more than we did. They've beat us 4 times now and we got a draw at Parkhead because they were absolutely awful that day. 

I think the manager made two mistakes yesterday and that was starting Halliday over Toral and once again leaving Dodoo on the bench. But other than that, what are you expecting from him? They're millions of pounds ahead of us, PC has been here for 5 minutes, he's inherited a team of players more suited to the Championship than the SPL. He needs time, he needs money (LOL) and most of all he needs the fans behind him and his team next season. 

And lastly, far too much is being made of him "cuddling and laughing" with Rodgers, did it maybe cross your mind that the guy's pride was hurting? Putting on a brave face? He was obviously hurting, did you see his passion against Aberdeen? That doesn't strike me as a taig who doesn't care about Rangers. 

Please don't talk sense in here! 

The biggest problem is the attitude of the team . Most of them do not have the heart for it . For me it's way to early to decide about the manager. He has improved the defence , shown he will use young players, unlike the previous manager who talked about it but did not give the youngsters much of a chance. Until  he has got some of his own players in it unfair to judge him. The next 2 transfer windows will be critical. 

Once we have shed some of the dead weights of Senderos and the tree from the defence (Hill will come off the bill as well) and bring in a CD on their wages combined, the defence will be better. We appear to have 2 up and coming reasonable defenders in Bate and Beerman so lets give them the experience of in the first team, all of next season. Once the 2 loans are off the wage bill and 3 or more of our midfield squad are moved on (Halliday Kranjcar Crooks, Windass, Forester) and get in 2 hard midfielder who have bite and fight, our midfield will improve. Once Millers wage is off the bill and we get rid of Waghorn, O'Halloran and Possibly Garner (if we can) and bring in a quality striker, we will improve.  

We may not have a big transfer budget but we can afford decent wages once we are rid of the ones above. If the manager get rid of them, it gives him cash to offer wages and there is some good players out there, who are locked in to being stuck on the bench or just not getting a chance. We can offer first team games and good wages. Again this summer is going to be a rebuild of sorts but we could be a much improved team from this season if Pedro gets it right. All of this depends on Pedro and his skills in shifting the deadwood, attracting and getting half decent quality to play first team and European football.

To my mind 3 quality and 5 half decent (better than the woeful we have now) players will transform us. As this Rangers team look afraid of any competitive team and that showed in spades against septic. 

9 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Once we have shed some of the dead weights of Senderos and the tree from the defence (Hill will come off the bill as well) and bring in a CD on their wages combined, the defence will be better. We appear to have 2 up and coming reasonable defenders in Bate and Beerman so lets give them the experience of in the first team, all of next season. Once the 2 loans are off the wage bill and 3 or more of our midfield squad are moved on (Halliday Kranjcar Crooks, Windass, Forester) and get in 2 hard midfielder who have bite and fight, our midfield will improve. Once Millers wage is off the bill and we get rid of Waghorn, O'Halloran and Possibly Garner (if we can) and bring in a quality striker, we will improve.  

We may not have a big transfer budget but we can afford decent wages once we are rid of the ones above. If the manager get rid of them, it gives him cash to offer wages and there is some good players out there, who are locked in to being stuck on the bench or just not getting a chance. We can offer first team games and good wages. Again this summer is going to be a rebuild of sorts but we could be a much improved team from this season if Pedro gets it right. All of this depends on Pedro and his skills in shifting the deadwood, attracting and getting half decent quality to play first team and European football.

To my mind 3 quality and 5 half decent (better than the woeful we have now) players will transform us. As this Rangers team look afraid of any competitive team and that showed in spades against septic. 

If they're so shite (they are) who is going to buy them all? 

8 there are contracted next year and beyond including Halliday to 2020. Do you expect them just to walk away from contracts to suit us?

Big ask of any manager to make that happen as well as bringing in 8 better replacements on similar wages.

Pretty much setting him up to fail if that is your expectation.

Oh and I don't think you're wrong in saying it's needed, but without significant money put in I don't see how it can happen.

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If they're so shite (they are) who is going to buy them all? 

8 there are contracted next year and beyond including Halliday to 2020. Do you expect them just to walk away from contracts to suit us?

Big ask of any manager to make that happen as well as bringing in 8 better replacements on similar wages.

Pretty much setting him up to fail if that is your expectation.

Oh and I don't think you're wrong in saying it's needed, but without significant money put in I don't see how it can happen.

I live in hope more than expectation. I know it is a big ask and I am going to watch how he goes about getting rid of the dross but he may have to wait until the contracts are up. Warburton has left us in it badly. 

We let them walk all over us and showed no fight whatsoever that was what was most disappointing for me.

I hate getting beat but it makes it easier when the team gives everything but to lose like that fucking disgusts me.

10 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I live in hope more than expectation. I know it is a big ask and I am going to watch how he goes about getting rid of the dross but he may have to wait until the contracts are up. Warburton has left us in it badly. 

Exactly mate.

But folk need to be realistic to the current situation and the problems he faces.

I really reckon some folk have written him off (and after Sunday I understand the anger) but the turnaround required is huge.

If he was to start with a blank canvas this summer with our budget compared to the bheasts it would be a huge challenge. With so many under contract it's even harder, if not impossible.

5 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

The biggest problem is the attitude of the team . Most of them do not have the heart for it . For me it's way to early to decide about the manager. He has improved the defence , shown he will use young players, unlike the previous manager who talked about it but did not give the youngsters much of a chance. Until  he has got some of his own players in it unfair to judge him. The next 2 transfer windows will be critical. 

When you look at the background of a lot of our present squad they are probably of the mindset that a draw away to Port Vale is a good result.