No contract for Clint Hill - bad move

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Our best player by a country fucking mile today. Should get a 12 month extension until we have someone better in place. The man is solid as a rock and you can depend on him - unlike many others out there. Just fuck off now please Windass and don't come back?

Totally agree.

Listened to his post match interview and he gets what it means to play for us.

Dont know how much he's on etc but after his shaky first few games he's been our only highlight from a shite season.

Worth another season.

6 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Our best player by a country fucking mile today. Should get a 12 month extension until we have someone better in place. The man is solid as a rock and you can depend on him - unlike many others out there. Just fuck off now please Windass and don't come back?

I'd be very surprised if we don't already have his replacement(s) lined up which is why he's been told he can leave . 

I do agree with your sentiment though , he's been terrific for us , and though I'm sad to see him go , I can understand the reasoning of looking to the future . 

Sentiment has no place in football, we especially need to be ruthless in making sure our playing squad is up to scratch.

On that basis, this is the correct decision from the club.

Hill is a great guy but, I'm fairly sure he won't have to buy too many of his own drinks if he ever comes up to a Rangers pub for a bevy.

Not good enough struggled for pace today and had to resort to some poor fouls, you can't resign a player because he can head the ball forty yards.

Very average player made to look better by those that surround him.

The man will be 39 in October. He is a good player, gives everything so stands out in this team of imposters.

I for one are happy he is well regarded and can leave with his head held high 

However we need better and younger than Clint for next year. Means splashing the cash but we need two Cbs , two Cm and a Striker just to have a semi decent team.

The squad is bloated with spineless players that need moved on and replaced with quality that are going to give their all. No easy task I know.

Two wins to round off the season and another summer of rebuilding lets hope we can sign quality and get a bit of luck and they all hit the ground running  

Hill wasn't getting a game in the Championship when we signed him, he is done for the level we need to be to challenge and win, our defensive record shows this.

I read Wilson had a ligament injury and I was disappointed it wasn't his arse instead, he might stay off it long enough to make the challenge to stop us going 1-0 down at home.

The fact we're behind Aberdeen says everything you need to know about our players and if that doesn't look at how better in points we are than ST Johnstone.

We all know we're gash and while we're optimistic some genuine investment and quality will be brought to the table we all suspect it'll be another year of signing has-beens and no marks to bide time for a pot to challenge.

Right now I'd look at Damian Delaney at Palace, I wanted him last season when his contract was up as he'd had a good season. Not had the greatest of seasons just there but he played 29 games+ and it's at Premiership level, we could get a few years out of him and he's on a free with Palace fans looking like they are ready to part with him. I don't know if he's one of them and being ROI that would put some of our lot off him straight away but let's get real he's playing at a higher level than any of our current team will get to, he's free and can do the job for a season or two. Maybe there are better options available but I think he could be a good bang for buck bearing in mind just what all we need to bring in and the likely budget we'll have. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Not good enough struggled for pace today and had to resort to some poor fouls, you can't resign a player because he can head the ball forty yards.

Very average player made to look better by those that surround him.

Was awful at the start of the season as well, time to thank him and shift him on.

I get that there might be a replacement lined up, but I'd love I see him in a coaching role for Rangers. Whether it's in youth or for the first team, one of only 2 players in the entire squad that understand the role of a defender.