Rangers Vs Coleraine - Match Report

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watched the first 60 minutes, will watch the final 30 tomorrow.

Was the usual first pre season game, i.e. not very sharp at all. :D 

4-2-3-1 played in the first and second half team selections, not sure where the 4-3-3 chat is coming from?

Cardoso looked decent, especially on the ball. Bates I don't rate and he was a bit of a bombscare again, going to cost us. I thought Jack and Holt did really well, winning second balls and playing decent passes (Jacks ball for the opener was really good). Dalcio wasn't really in it at all, but won't judge him this early obviously. Kranjcar's passing is frightening, he is so good on the ball and will be fantastic for picking teams apart but I still don't think he should get near the team in bigger games where the team has to work harder, he is a man down when we're not attacking. Waghorn, brutal. 

28 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Watched the first 60 minutes, will watch the final 30 tomorrow.

Was the usual first pre season game, i.e. not very sharp at all. :D 

4-2-3-1 played in the first and second half team selections, not sure where the 4-3-3 chat is coming from?

Cardoso looked decent, especially on the ball. Bates I don't rate and he was a bit of a bombscare again, going to cost us. I thought Jack and Holt did really well, winning second balls and playing decent passes (Jacks ball for the opener was really good). Dalcio wasn't really in it at all, but won't judge him this early obviously. Kranjcar's passing is frightening, he is so good on the ball and will be fantastic for picking teams apart but I still don't think he should get near the team in bigger games where the team has to work harder, he is a man down when we're not attacking. Waghorn, brutal. 

I've watched the first 50 mins or so and can't really argue with any of that.

The new signings look promising, with the exception of Dalcio who didn't seem to do much of anything. However, early days as you say. 

I see our old pathological inability to find people from the byline with cutbacks continues. I reckon 9/10 of every cutback we try goes to the opposition or no-one at all. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I quite enjoyed that. Look forward to watching the rest, and seeing more new players in the next few matches.

Watched the game on RTV... Kranjcar head and shoulders above everybody, his passing was unbelievable.

Halliday, Jack, Holt and McKay the other standouts for me.

Wasn't impressed with Dalcio at all but obviously can't really say too much after 45 minutes of a training game and his first appearance.

Edit: I've got a better first touch than Waghorn, thank fuck we've got a few strikers on the way.

39 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

I really really don't want to be judging someone so early on but certain things I read about Cardoso were extremely worrying. 

Do you mean Dalcio?

From what I've read everything about Cardoso has been positive. I also watched and thought he looked quite assured.

10 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

It was a different language as well as a different game then.

Keeper

Right Back                                                          Left Back

Right Half          Centre Half          Left Half

Right Wing   Inside Right   Centre Forward  Inside Left   Left Wing

You mean outside right (7) & outside left (11)? Wooden studs & dubbin on the "bladder". Shoulder-charging keepers into the net for a goal. Liniment, iodine & wire brushes to remove black ash out your leg. Shinguards were not mandatory & only for pussies. Big Christine Ronaldo & cunts like McGeady wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes. Halcyon days indeed. 

1 hour ago, ronniescu said:

You mean outside right (7) & outside left (11)? Wooden studs & dubbin on the "bladder". Shoulder-charging keepers into the net for a goal. Liniment, iodine & wire brushes to remove black ash out your leg. Shinguards were not mandatory & only for pussies. Big Christine Ronaldo & cunts like McGeady wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes. Halcyon days indeed. 

Still remember as a kid heading a full blooded cross with a wet leather tube and getting the laces smack in the forehead. Never had a spot or blackhead for weeks after - just a fancy criss/cross pattern on my napper.

2 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Still remember as a kid heading a full blooded cross with a wet leather tube and getting the laces smack in the forehead. Never had a spot or blackhead for weeks after - just a fancy criss/cross pattern on my napper.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Nae Dubbin on yer baw.

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

http://rangersfc.org/index.php?dn=news&to=art&id=2113

highlights about 15 mins.

First goal would be embarrassing for a kids team to lose.

If they were a decent team our defence would be shot and two goals down early doors.

Bates is a brutal football player, not good enough for us.