Rangers Vs Coleraine - Match Report

Guest Lloyd72

1 minute ago, Billy1984 said:

Like I said im pretty sure he won't be. Tav is a shite defender and probably not good enough for us but if it came to picking him or moh at right back I think I'd go for tav. Maybe waghorn would be better at left back as he's an awful striker? Just using your logic.

Perhaps.

One thing is for sure none of them would have been signed pre McCoist.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Billy1984 said:

Like I said im pretty sure he won't be. Tav is a shite defender and probably not good enough for us but if it came to picking him or moh at right back I think I'd go for tav. Maybe waghorn would be better at left back as he's an awful striker? Just using your logic.

Waghorn would fill the goal well imo

3 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

I know it was only a bounce game but it worries me that Pedro is continuing with a 4-3-3.

I think that formation is here to stay given his signings of the 2 wingers and wanting at least one more, all the centre mids and the appointment of the new DoF who is anal about using 4-3-3 correctly. In fact i think we can say with fair certainty it will be 4-3-3 next season. We haven't recruited for a 4-4-2 at all. Could possibly shape as a 4-2-3-1 but that is could easily be interpreted as 4-3-3 anyway with the 2 high wide attacking players and a central attacking midfielder. 

16 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I think that formation is here to stay given his signings of the 2 wingers and wanting at least one more, all the centre mids and the appointment of the new DoF who is anal about using 4-3-3 correctly. In fact i think we can say with fair certainty it will be 4-3-3 next season. We haven't recruited for a 4-4-2 at all. Could possibly shape as a 4-2-3-1 but that is could easily be interpreted as 4-3-3 anyway with the 2 high wide attacking players and a central attacking midfielder. 

Having a preferred formation is fine. But we simply cannot be as rigid as we were under Warburton. Each game has to be looked at and prepared for individually (I don't doubt Pedro will do this).

7 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Having a preferred formation is fine. But we simply cannot be as rigid as we were under Warburton. Each game has to be looked at and prepared for individually (I don't doubt Pedro will do this).

Yes thats what being a manager is all about. The planned subs on 60 minutes regardless of score, player performance etc was criminal. Watching us last season was baffling. 

Kranjcar, Tav, Jack, Rossiter, McKay and Windass surprisingly the standouts. Kranjcar looked absolutely fucking lethal. Dalcio and Fabio looked incredibly comfortable on the ball too. MOH done pretty decent as well and cracking goal. Wilson and McCrorie done a decent shift too. 

6 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Scares me that Waghorn looks to be staying

Excuse me.... fkn Windass & Halliday were involved also.

Glad Niko played & not surprised he did well. The Garner fans on here don't rate Niko, the football connoisseurs that they are.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Sorry... you've lost me. But then, I'm used to 2-3-5. 

7 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Sorry... you've lost me. But then, I'm used to 2-3-5. 

It was a different language as well as a different game then.

Keeper

Right Back                                                          Left Back

Right Half          Centre Half          Left Half

Right Wing   Inside Right   Centre Forward  Inside Left   Left Wing