Do We Still Need Another Striker?

I mentioned this in a thread last night but thought it would be better served as an actual topic.

We have Herrera coming in plus Morelos & Miller and then there's Waghorn (permanent) and Hardie (loan) who I would expect to see leave before the window shuts but does that leave us with enough for the upcoming season?

Herrera's record doesn't suggest natural goalscorer, Morelos comes with an impressive record but he's an unknown quantity and Miller is 37 going on 38.

If there's more money available I really think we need to be looking at another striker with a good goalscoring record and a bit more experience than Morelos has at the moment.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally we sell Waghorn - he'll never win us the league and bring in another to compete. 4 strikers including Miller would be ideal for me, Hardie out on loan.

Don't want to bash Waghorn... na fuck it. He's so slow, extremely predictable, only uses his left foot and lacks composure at crucial moments. Definitely not a championship winning striker. Hopefully somebody in the Championship/League 1 bids about the 750K mark.

I would prefer to keep Hardie rather than send him out on loan, he needs to get it right now, or be shipped off.

Morelos isn't much older than him, he would also learn from better players and have higher level of training.

7 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Ideally we sell Waghorn - he'll never win us the league and bring in another to compete. 4 strikers including Miller would be ideal for me, Hardie out on loan.

Don't want to bash Waghorn... na fuck it. He's so slow, extremely predictable, only uses his left foot and lacks composure at crucial moments. Definitely not a championship winning striker. Hopefully somebody in the Championship/League 1 bids about the 750K mark.

I was defending Waghorn until fairly recently but yeah at this point I think his time at the club is up. I thought he could have been a decent back up or second fiddle to a more prolific striker with better finishing instincts but his form has been so bad that I don't think there's any way he wins the fans back around now, especially when he is clearly a confidence player.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I was defending Waghorn until fairly recently but yeah at this point I think his time at the club is up. I thought he could have been a decent back up or second fiddle to a more prolific striker with better finishing instincts but his form has been so bad that I don't think there's any way he wins the fans back around now, especially when he is clearly a confidence player.

Yeah agree, I don't think he's the type to be an impact sub. His confidence was low all last season, he needs to play week in week out to be at his best and that's not going to happen this season.

19 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Yeah agree, I don't think he's the type to be an impact sub. His confidence was low all last season, he needs to play week in week out to be at his best and that's not going to happen this season.

How sure are we that it wont happen?

We've heard very little of him being sold, he's played a decent amount of the 2 friendlies and is someone who continually played in Pedro's short spell last season

I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to play him regularly for a while

42 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I mentioned this in a thread last night but thought it would be better served as an actual topic.

We have Herrera coming in plus Morelos & Miller and then there's Waghorn (permanent) and Hardie (loan) who I would expect to see leave before the window shuts but does that leave us with enough for the upcoming season?

Herrera's record doesn't suggest natural goalscorer, Morelos comes with an impressive record but he's an unknown quantity and Miller is 37 going on 38.

If there's more money available I really think we need to be looking at another striker with a good goalscoring record and a bit more experience than Morelos has at the moment.

Think you answered your own question bud. Would agree we need a proven goalscorer at a decent level. 

1 minute ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Yeah think we need some more options, think Moult is worth a punt as long as they don't want daft money.

Also see the sheep are after Steve May, think he could do a job, if hes over all the injury issues hes had.

I don't see any point of bringing in players like that given what we already have. If we're bringing in a new striker they have to be a class above what we already have IMO.