Pedro Post Match Reaction

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a methodology/philosophy... great but for some reason it doesn't work and he's had weeks to do so.

The philosophy is basically based around Niko who at the end of the first half yesterday looked like he was going to keel over.

We don't test the oppositions defence and are basically just waiting to concede a goal, seen it in all of the pre season friendlies bar the Coleraine game.  

You also have to be able to get the respect of the players you are coaching and the job you are asking them to do and I don't think he has managed that, his talk in the press a big part of that.

I know it won't happen and I hate looking back but there is only two men I would love to see back at ibrox that will sort this fucking mess out either Walter Smith or graeme souness let's see the players wimp out a tackle or turn their backs on shots then fucking gutless bastards.

6 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

No he isn't.

The only thing I've really heard him repeat is the transition thing.

To be fair, he does repeat things just not word for word. It is always about we are progressing, structure, attitudes blah blah blah. Maybe thats how football is done these days, you need to convince spice boys to play by massaging their egos. I blame the homosexual agenda on poor performances these days and a decline in scottish football stars. 

So, no further comment from the manager or the club since 10pm on 4 July.  Hatches battened down it seems for the storm of justified criticism from the Support after the Luxembourg game.  Ostrich-head approach to dealing with the flak.      Media blackout.   Let the tsunami of criticism wash over and when the waters die down then surface with some message, news of a signing perhaps to divert minds.   Papering over managerial chasms in ability more like.

The only conclusion that can be drawn by this self-enforced media embargo is other than immediate sacking or immediate resignation as a consequence of taking full responsibility for the disastrous result the manager and club are sitting on their hands and keeping quiet and hoping that when the storm of criticism fades enough of the Support will find it in their minds to continue to back the manager for now.    Personally I no longer have any confidence in his competence as a manager and in his ability to forge a proper title-challenging Rangers side this coming season.   I did have that confidence before the EL games but not now.   His performance as a manager against lowly Luxembourg opposition and a sheer inability to put out a side capable of scoring more than one goal and of avoiding goals being scored against it by opposition of that stature tells me he his talk is just that - talk and he is not able to translate his strong words into action.