A new low even for the daily record

GOAT

From the herald's Scott Mullen,

"While the visitors sang Rule Britannia, We are the People and various other songs, six large tricolour flags waved in scabby bedsheets corner, a banner depicting a soldier stood high alongside one of Brendan Rodgers, with the message ‘Brendan’s undefeated army’ scrawled above."

What regiment of the British Army was the depicted soldier representing?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, although I despise the Record and the Sun these days, I am not convinced about the motive of the piece. Yes, it tries to lay some blame at the door of Linfield, but it seems to me to be a thinly veiled attack on Celtic fans. 
The last thing any newspaper wants to do is alienate either side of the Old Firm, so they are always loathe to outright condemn either team, but for me, this is them having a go at Celtic, but trying to make it look like a neutral piece.

2 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Seriously? :duh:

Well they try and keep it to a minimum within reason. They still need the big headlines to sell their paper, so they do have to tread on toes now and then, regardless of how sensitive fans are.

I don't read it or click on it any more mate regardless.

59 minutes ago, Blue Blooded said:

I have to admit, although I despise the Record and the Sun these days, I am not convinced about the motive of the piece. Yes, it tries to lay some blame at the door of Linfield, but it seems to me to be a thinly veiled attack on Celtic fans. 
The last thing any newspaper wants to do is alienate either side of the Old Firm, so they are always loathe to outright condemn either team, but for me, this is them having a go at Celtic, but trying to make it look like a neutral piece.

I think you will find the record has already alienated the Rangers support Timothy.  It's that thinly veiled it's invisible.

1 minute ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Faux outrage by some on here and yet the same deride the fine work done by the OO to keep our culture alive. Like it or not they are partof our history, our passion and future.

Comparing the orange order to the Ira, fuck off tarrier bastard

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I think you will find the record has already alienated the Rangers support Timothy.  It's that thinly veiled it's invisible.

I think if you ever venture East, you will find the exact same shock horror towards the Record and the Sun as in here. 

4 hours ago, Blue Blooded said:

Aye, right you are Gordon.

7 hours ago, paisleyroad said:

"smuggled into the stadium' ????

Smuggled past who? probably paraded past the police, stewards and officials on the way in more like

Stored in the same cupboard at the glitter dome as the club photographers pictures mate.

I honestly dont get it.

The hibs fans run across hamden pitch towards us shouting moan then and goading us. We run on the pitch smack a few about and are condemned nationally. Our banners are only ever pro rangers. Nothing to do with the UVF or beimg british. We sing one song and get slated for it whilst that scummy lot have pro terrorist banners every week and sing sectarian songs and it either goes unnoticed or apparently they are "compelled" to sing such songs. 

Why is it that within the british isles it is seen as being sectarian being pro british bit not seen as being sectarian if your anti british and pro republican?

Fucking pap the lot of them out after our hard brexit along with the fucking refugees

5 hours ago, Blue Blooded said:

No they dont they lay into us and blame us for everything

6 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

That report blows Waddell's credibility completely out of the water (if he ever had any to begin with).

I can't get over the last sentence - quite unbelievable.  It shows that, come what may, he and his mhedia cronies had a preset narrative that they were going to adopt in their coverage of this tie.

The whole report blows any credibility he ever had .

He must have been living in another planet if be hasn't heard their songbook or seen their images like the effigies frequently over the years . But no , it's all the big bad Linfield fans that made them do it . 

It's so childish a report it's embarrassing.  

5 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

That is a blatant display of support for terrorism. 

Awaits a swift and hard response from UEFA. These vermin need taken to task

Really doubt anything will happen to them.

Anyway its us big bad Rangers fans  that deserve to be fined for throwing those killer scrunched up bits of paper onto the pitch!!

8 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I was about to say that about the premeditation. Record is like a comic book now. Really is a joke

It's always been a comic book and anyone that reads it is a joke.

The only people that matter is the SFA and UEFA, if they do nothing, then it's all right for everyone else to do it.