Are we still a Scottish Protestant club?

While they strengthen their IRA resolve and their plastic connections with the owld cuntry and play heavy with the anti Oirish victim mentality whilst pretending to be members of the most vile of Christian religious establishments denying and concealing child sexual abuse at club and church all with the general acceptance of the SMSM............

We roll over and let every fucker kick the shit out of us.

We were maybe once a proud protestant club, now I fear we are just a club struggling to get any sense of pride back.

Changed days I'm afraid.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club isn't which is a good thing, but it does hold true to the values of loyalty to the crown and the union which most folk from a Protestant background will recognise. 

The fan base is most certainly from that community and those views and no matter how many handwringing wishy washy new age trumpets we get in our support we will always hold true to those values. 

We are a club founded on good Protestant values and I for one still find we are regarded by most to be a Protestant club. Of course times change and the club is open to all but those values should never alter. It's part of our heritage and should be shouted from the rooftops and the stands.

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Wee bit off topic but I see @The Louden Tavern over on FF trying to get us to 'leave our baggage behind' in regards to our songbook yet he continues to play UVF songs in his pub on a weekly basis.

Wee bit hypocritical no?

Perfect example of a wishy washy handwringer. 

35 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Pathetic.

Move with the times ffs.

32 minutes ago, ForeverBlue93 said:

How is it pathetic? Of course we are a Scottish Protestant club, this does not mean we can't be accepting of others, small minded opinions like that make it sound like we should be ashamed of what we are.

PATHETIC.

27 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

We are not a Protestant club, that outdated outlook was left with the old club.

We are now thankfully multicultural and open to all.

PATHETIC.

23 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

What of it?

22 minutes ago, MDYT2 said:

Elaborate 

16 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

The outdated outlook died with the old club.

That's it really?

14 minutes ago, MDYT2 said:

Don't know what club you support then. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Are you on the wind up?

5 minutes ago, MDYT2 said:

Nope. Was going to ask you the same.

2 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Aye very good.

My point thankfully stands.

:lol:

Getting strange looks in the office here as I've just burst out laughing quite a few times :lol:

6 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Wee bit off topic but I see @The Louden Tavern over on FF trying to get us to 'leave our baggage behind' in regards to our songbook yet he continues to play UVF songs in his pub on a weekly basis.

Wee bit hypocritical no?

There's a thread appears at least once a month over there greeting about the add-ons and how we need to drop it all and sing sanitised versions of our tunes :lol:

He wants us to sing the "A goal, A goal" version of the billy boys ffs :lol:

2 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

We are a club founded on good Protestant values and I for one still find we are regarded by most to be a Protestant club. Of course times change and the club is open to all but those values should never alter. It's part of our heritage and should be shouted from the rooftops and the stands.

Sadly these days those values seem to be very much on the decline. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Perfect example of a wishy washy handwringer. 

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

There's a thread appears at least once a month over there greeting about the add-ons and how we need to drop it all and sing sanitised versions of our tunes :lol:

He wants us to sing the "A goal, A goal" version of the billy boys ffs :lol:

Yup

More than happy to take the moral high ground on the internet but won't stop playing them in his boozer in case it hits him in the pocket. I'm not for a second saying he should stop them btw, just his hypocrisy is annoying me:lol: 

2 minutes ago, MDYT2 said:

Not going to get involved in a new club debate with a supposed fellow fan?

Supposed fan?

Mate, he watches at least one game a month on RTV, he's staunch.

See to be honest, religion is quickly becoming a very outdated concept. Run by any church on a Sunday morning and it's filled with older people who'll be gone soon. 

If it wasn't for the football, I don't think the vast majority of Glasgow would care about religion.