Caixinha deserves respect

Virtuoso

The new season hasn’t even started in earnest and already the Scottish media are attempting to ridicule and demean Pedro Caixinha.

Asked at his pre-Motherwell media conference if he thought – not if he believed – he still had the best players, he answered politely that yes, he does think he has the best squad.

He went on to explain why he thinks this way by saying:

‘I always think, when I am working in a club, my players are the best, my squad is the best, my club is the best.

‘I need to represent it like that to spread that feeling from bottom to top, from top to bottom. If I don’t think like that representing Rangers today, or all the others that I represented before I arrived at Rangers, I am just a guy sitting in my chair letting the time pass by. I am not like that and I want that feeling to spread.’

It is abundantly clear Pedro does not actually believe he has better players than Chelsea, Man United or Man City – indeed while responding to the price being paid for Neymar who is leaving Barcelona for Paris St. Germain for almost 200m quid, he made it clear that many players are out of reach - yet the media couldn’t wait to assault their keyboards and the Rangers manager.

These downright objectionables have the same objective - make Caixinha look stupid.

This is a manager who sits patiently and answers all manner of ludicrous questions and yet he is shown scant respect by hacks, who would never have made it to copy boys/girls in newspapers 20 years ago.

Rangers fans should be aware of their agenda and act accordingly. They need to complain to the papers, television and radio outlets, who employ the people who are intent on trying to humiliate a thoroughly decent man. Time will tell if Pedro will be the manager we want him to be but he deserves to be treated with respect and his words should not be twisted or stretched to make embarrassing headlines.

Pedro actually spoke very well about many things during his media conference but when hacks come with their agenda it does not matter what he says. They know they wouldn’t dare attempt to play these silly games with Celtic’s manager and it is to their shame that they haven’t even asked him, or his club, about the appalling behaviour of their fans.

There is no reason to consume stories spun negatively by these hacks when you can make up your own mind straight from the source. Pedro's press conferences appear in full on the Rangers YouTube channel each week. Make up your own mind about what he says and when it comes to those who would twist his words remember, don’t buy it, don’t click it, don’t share it.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/8/3/caixinha-deserves-respect

12 minutes ago, OhW said:

Kind of makes it looks like they're telling you not to watch the YouTube press conferences. I know that's not what they mean but its not clear.

I think it's the opposite. I think they're saying watch the full press conferences in their entirety without any form of editing and completely in context. Then come to your own conclusion.

Most media will take a word or a line totally out of context and run with it. A lot of fans will then get angry or upset unnecessarily. If you watch the full press conferences though then whilst you may still not be happy at least you'll be able to give a more valid and credible opinion without being misled or manipulated.

The media always put a spin on things to try and puff up their stories. All they're really doing is taking a mundane press conference and trying to make it interesting, I'm sure the readers know he's not daft enough to think he has the best squad in the world fs :lol: 

If anything this is just a release from Chris Graham (perennial King and co brown-noser) to try and drum up support for Caixinha because we rightly still have our doubts about him as manager. 

Maybe the balance isn't fair, maybe they take Rangers interviews out of context more than they do Celtic ones, but you'd need to be pretty dense to think they're only doing it to Caixinha, you could probably skim through a dozen newspapers from today and they'll be doing the same thing to managers throughout the UK. 

My post doesn't apply to the DR though, as it's blatantly obvious they are run by Rangers-haters with hate filled agendas. 

I agree. They can't wait for him to say something they can willfully misinterpret.

What Pedro said about 'the best squad' makes complete sense unless you're really trying to make it mean something that anyone with half a brain cell can see it doesn't.

What I took from his presser yesterday was that 'he' always believes his squad is the best in whatever country he is managing and so that means the SPFL at this time. I do not read any papers so have not seen anything but can imagine it has been turned into a story about bad, bad Pedro. 

I couldn't give a fuck about the biased reporting you get in Scotland. It's a well known fact it happens and it's to be expected now. What gets me though is some of our support having a go and making stupid "who to replace Pedro" threads before he's had a chance to play half the guys he's signed this summer.

He's an intelligent man and I'm desperate for him to succeed and ram their words down their throats. 

If he does not succeed, which is of course a real possibility, I don't think it'll be through lack of effort. 

I'm no doubt alone on this (and will be wrong in a lot of people's eyes) but respect is earned. You don't get it from me just because you are employed by Rangers.

However, the narrative of the article is totally correct in regards to the Scottish mainstream footballing media. 

I've never respected a shite manager or shite player at Rangers. I'm not a humanitarian or good guy in that sense - if your good for Rangers and do a good job you get my respect if you can't play, manage or coach I can't stand the sight of you and want you out the door.

I neither respect or disrespect Pedro at this moment. The jury is out.

As someone else said he's a hard worker above all else and at the risk of sounding contradictory, I respect that at least.

28 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not doubt alone on this (and will be wrong in a lot of people's eyes) but respect is earned. You don't get it from me just because you are employed by Rangers.

However, the narrative of the article is totally correct in regards to the Scottish mainstream footballing media. 

I've never respected a shite manager or shite player at Rangers. I'm not a humanitarian or good guy in that sense - if your good for Rangers and do a good job you get my respect if you can't play, manage or coach I can't stand the sight of you and want you out the door.

I neither respect or disrespect Pedro at this moment. The jury is out.

As someone else said he's a hard worker above all else and at the risk of sounding contradictory, I respect that at least.

A lot of this makes perfect sense to me as I have always said personally I will give him until the end of October before jumping on bandwagons about who to replace the manager with.

Does he have my respect then the answer would be no, not at this time, can he earn it, yes he can and the signing of Alves alone shows the respect some players will give him so maybe we will see things change in our favour this year and we can then all start to relax.

I am an interested spectator at this time and hopeful for him as our manager, but I have been hopeful before and that has bitten me in the arse so I will wait until Oct before stating a position on this one.

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Sorry, but until he has proved he is competent he gets no respect from me. He could leave today for me.

That smacks of, even if he won the title, you might grudgingly give him respect.

So pray tell, how does one be deemed competent enough to win your respect? Win the title?

23 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That smacks of, even if he won the title, you might grudgingly give him respect.

So pray tell, how does one be deemed competent enough to win your respect? Win the title?

Not necessarily ODC, but there's some who will only say he's done an acceptable job if he wins the league.

And if you ask about that as an expectation given the bheasts resources on the pitch and financially the reply is "because we're the Rangers".

Almost as if they say they want him to succeed but give expectations they can't logistically justify....

It's a symptom of the general dumbing down of the media, not just in Scotland but the world in general. There is a certain type of media that has it's core target market within the lowest common denominator who only like reading sound bites and controversies. In the US they have Fox news and Infowars. We have the Daily Record and the Sun newspapers.

Caixinha may not be the greatest manager but he still deserves to not have his words continuously misrepresented in the media.

Here's another reason he deserves respect:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40789479

Because he's not a complete fanny like Tom English, now there is the biggest fanny if I ever saw one. Ball not even been kicked yet and Celtic are "GUARANTEED" the league title hahahaha :lol: 

MON THE PEDRO!! :dance:

I'm not claiming Rangers are going to win the title this season, but I'm confident the Gers can if they show up like they have done past 3 games, at least from the Marseille and Sheffield Wednesday games we saw and we can live and hope that the Gers can take it to them, but honestly reading things like that which reeks from the likes of Tom English, it would only make victory that ever bit sweeter, in fact I would go as far as to say that if we win the title this season, that for me will top ANY league title we've ever won and that includes Helicopter Sunday, it would be like one big "Gerririghupye".

Whilst on topic, Pedro is instilling confidence and a winning mentality in our team by getting them to believe they are the best and rightly so. Whilst there are critiques (and rightly so), I'm right behind him and holding faith he can prove the doubters wrong this season, here's to Sunday folks, one game at a time, time to get right into them, this is where the real fight begins and if we can get the results then we have the belief we can do it.

C'MON THE RANGERS!!! :dance:

53 minutes ago, shaka said:

It's a symptom of the general dumbing down of the media, not just in Scotland but the world in general. There is a certain type of media that has it's core target market within the lowest common denominator who only like reading sound bites and controversies. In the US they have Fox news and Infowars. We have the Daily Record and the Sun newspapers.

Caixinha may not be the greatest manager but he still deserves to not have his words continuously misrepresented in the media.

You missed CNN, they are all linking to social media and appealing to the non-thinking masses, which is where the taigs in Scotland fit perfectly.