Your best Football manager signing ever

demise

6 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Pisses me off when your looking at a guy and his stats are good but your scout says hes pish, then other look brutal and scouts says he's a player. Done a parma save and this player was scoring everyweek for some other mob i scouted him came back with half star rating, next transfer window they guys away to inter banging them in

The joys of FM, I don't trust my scouts star rating half the time and go with my own instincts on a player. If he's banging in the goals for a half decent team but hasn't got the greatest stats I'll probably take a punt on him anyway and see. I think the coding seems to want you to not trust the scouting system all the time as this would make the game too easy.

• 2 weeks later...

FM2005 - Attacking Midfielder Hakan Yakin for £600k as he was transfer listed. Front two of Jose Sosa (about £2M if I recall correctly) and Nikola Zigic (about £1.5M). Best attacking combo I've ever had. Could play attacking football against the likes of Real, Barca, Man Utd and AC Milan with no fears. The only thing that annoyed me was that after winning the CL 5 times running, I still wasn't the No 1 team in Europe! I was always around 7 or 8 being told "the bookies expect you to be there or thereabouts" :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

used to go psv a lot back in the day. I cant mind which fm it wss exactly but possibly 01/02 and id sign a Brazilian called edilson.  Played up top for flamengo or fluminese. He was devastating. There's no WP issues in Holland so as he's only had about 3 caps it made no difference. He was amazing.

Leonenko as someone else mentioned was devastating.  Used to.sign paddy flannery from.dumbarton as well for around 20k. He'd play in the league whilst my other main strikers would get the CL.

Kim kallstrom was brilliant. 

I'm away to load up one of these when I get back.from.the shop

Yous are wanks :lol:

Remember Mark Kerr turned into Iniesta in one of them.

Had him and wee Kim Kallstorm in my midfield.

A must signing was the freebie Taribo West at CB at the start of the game. Guardiola was also a free but he was 33/34 but still was great for 1 or 2 seasons.

My team in my current Champ 01 is:

-------------------Issakison----------

M Duff---------West-------Moore--------Cole

Bakircioglu-------Kallstorm---Kerr-----Touma

--------------Moukoko--------Samba-------

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2017 at 11:06, The Godfather said:

Remember Mark Kerr turned into Iniesta in one of them.

Had him and wee Kim Kallstorm in my midfield.

A must signing was the freebie Taribo West at CB at the start of the game. Guardiola was also a free but he was 33/34 but still was great for 1 or 2 seasons.

My team in my current Champ 01 is:

-------------------Issakison----------

M Duff---------West-------Moore--------Cole

Bakircioglu-------Kallstorm---Kerr-----Touma

--------------Moukoko--------Samba-------

There was a year where you could sign Willie Howie from Partick and Mark Kerr from Falkirk and end up with the best central midfield in the game 

I signed a Turkish striker Tevfik Kose back in FM08 for around 100k iirc, come January time he had banged in around 30 goals in all competitions and Besiktas put in a bif of around £7.5m which the board accepted without my say.

I always went for Charles Andre Doudin, fairly cheap and was guaranteed 20+ goals and a healthy profit when it came to selling him on.

• 3 months later...

Used to sign a couple of guys from litex back in an old fm. Todorov and kakalov. Todorov would get about 40 goals a season and kakalov would get about 20 but usually had about 20 assists to his name too. Special mention to a midfielder from Colombia Freddy William Thompson, signed for about 250k and sold a year later for about 12 mil. 

Im gonna have to load a game of this up tonight. 

• 4 weeks later...

I still stick on FM 17 I think it is on my laptop when I’m bored 8 seasons into it wae Rangers.  My best signing is Simeon Slavchev, box to box centre midfielder.  Been with me since day one.  

Jimmy Briand in FM11. Signed him for us as my only acquisition in the first season and he fired me to the CL final. Lost 3-2 to Barcelona after Andy Webster fouled Messi in the 118th minute which resulted in the winner. Still feel bitter about it. 

Used to break the bank to sign Ganso and he was frightening but he always wanted to fuck off after a season. 

Going way back, in fact still ChampMan rather than FM days...1998/99 I think. For those of that vintage will remember Mark Kerr, Willie Howie, Alan Archibald as essential signings. At the end of the first season Ryan Giggs would always be out of contract and "rumoured" to leave Man Utd but notoriously difficult to actually persuade him to do so...however did manage to sign up for Rangers once. He went on to pretty much score and/or assist in every game and have an average rating in the 8/9 region. Sensational!