Barry Ferguson's All Time XI

Essandoh

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Retarded? No just old enough to remember proper "legends" like gazza, cooper, McCoist, Laudrup. 

If you're young then you can't help that you've never seen proper greats. 

I think you have to be careful with that line of thinking because in terms of proper "legends" of the club, we might not have one ever again if we're playing the comparison game and it does a disservice to what people might achieve relative to their time of playing at the club.

Of course, you could argue that the modern game has shifted the possibility of players becoming "legends" at clubs.

I think if you go on playing career alone, over Ferguson's two spells with us he probably did enough to secure legend status - something which would have been irrefutable had we won the UEFA Cup final.

4 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

????? 

Wasnt even near the best midfielder at Rangers during his time. Couldn't lace Van Bronkhorst's boots and Reyna was a better player. 

An absolute classless Ned who likes to rewrite history. He disappeared to the mighty Blackburn rovers and quickly found out he couldn't cut the mustard in the big boys league so was back with his tail between his legs with the only club he ever wanted to play for...

he was very good as a youngster round - against Kaiserslautern he was immense- however he very quickly became like ever other Scottish "great" midfielder- a crab!

all he did was get the ball, do a 360 turn and then pass it sideways- same as McStay, Lambert etc...

a "legend" in his own head- every game would see him go down with some mysterious injury, roll around, grimace and pull a face but then get up and force himself to "play through the pain barrier"- a total fraud. 

Leaving aside the personals and what he did or didn't do at Blackburn ( because I really don't know ) I do agree with the essence of this post . 

In his first spell here I thought he was tremendous for us . I don't know if it was that youthful ' gallasness ' but he was adventurous and forward thinking . On his return , I don't think he was quite as effective . I don't know if it was something he learned in England , but everything was too safe for me , like you said too many sideways , safe passes where the intent was more about not losing possession than actually creating anything . 

5 hours ago, Gustav said:

Why is there no evidence that an ex Rangers captain who is arguably the most high profile player this country has produced in 20 years walks about with his kids in celtic tops?

You wanting people to take photos of kids ya mad paedo

8 hours ago, thehost said:

I don't have pictures, if that is what you are asking. However, I have heard (from folk I trust) who have seen it. The whole shebang taps, shorts and socks........ the fucker actually walks with them when they are attired as such. 

I totally believe that .He would be comfortably safe walking in Hamilton and surrounding areas with son wearing rhodents top to please his torn face beggar loving wife 

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

There's some fuckin bangers on here - hate some of our players more than dhims! 

Cause we have an opinion different than yours .Pish to say we hate our own more than the beggars 

Having said that .Ferguson acts like one of them 

Will never change my opinion of him 

Even if he comes across all cheeky chappy on that interview 

3 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

A bet all the fans calling him a cunt etc would love a player like him in our team now.

in a football sense he was great for us especially in his first spell 

That is a poor comparison .I would take thousands of players that played with distinction before him

He was a good player for us in his days but so was Ally 

16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Cause we have an opinion different than yours .Pish to say we hate our own more than the beggars 

Having said that .Ferguson acts like one of them 

Will never change my opinion of him 

Even if he comes across all cheeky chappy on that interview 

In a word - bullshite 

Ferguson is a true legend for everything he accomplished at the club.Period.

However, if I'm being honest he isn't the most likeable player that's wore our famous jersey, so I can understand there are some mixed feelings towards him among our support - having said that - some of the stick he's taken in this thread is beyond the pale as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I totally believe that .He would be comfortably safe walking in Hamilton and surrounding areas with son wearing rhodents top to please his torn face beggar loving wife 

Taking your dislike of him out of the equation, do you think an ex Rangers captain could parade around with his kids wearing that top without there being photos of it, in this day and age? Not a chance.