Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

4 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

It is an assumption that they'll want to leave but it's a massive risk sacking another manager .

Imo yesterday if we had our strongest 11 on the park and had pushed up on them instead of sitting admiring them we could have won that game . They're not that good but what they have is a bench that changes games and an arrogance .

We were screaming for a Louie moult beside morellos and a tough left full back and left winger . We address that with some more quality and I feel were a challenge.  

Will Pedro do that ? . I don't know but sacking him and bringing in another cheap option may well be worse .

I don't think our problem is just down the left side, I also thought that tav and candeias were exposed a lot as well. We need much better full backs, another decent winger and a forward player who can link between our midfield and striker (buffel,arteta types).

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Derek McInnes who has his sheep side 2nd in the table 2 points behind the scum. The job he's done for them over the years is exactly the job we need done to help get our club back on top again.

I was just going to point this out to the other poster who deride him, he would have a much bigger club behind him, so hopefully he'd manage to get better results.

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ironic that you continually say appeasers and surrender monkeys which is exactly what you are doing with your stance on Pedro you've resigned us to a mid table slug just because we can't challenge celtic anyway 

Again, you miss the point. I'm not making any case for keeping him, but by all means please continue to do so if you think it helps your flawed premise.

It matters not one fuck to me wether Pedro stays or goes. It's not a personal thing. It's a first principle thing based on simple economics. The financial modelling of our club makes us also rans. Pedro or no Pedro. We are fighting it out with all the other also rans as a consequence. 

Also, I have not resigned us to a mid table slug, our board have, but you just don't get it and you have resigned us to second place at best, because it fits your agenda, as opposed to adressing the root cause of our inept year on year performances due to the economic envirionment that our board holds us hostage to. 

Again, second is nothing. It only makes us good losers in meeting board aspirations and that's what makes us appeasers and surrender monkeys. That's fine, but don't try to deflect and fucking constantly winge about performances on the park, with the scum giving us a good skelping. As the old saying goes, you pay peanuts you get monkeys and compared to the scum we certainly are. Just because of who we are we just pay more for the same fucking  monkeys all the other also rans have, just to add insult to injury.

Our new club logo should show an elephant smelling coffee, with we surrender emblazoned, as it couldn't be more apt

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Again, you miss the point. I'm not making any case for keeping him, but by all means please continue to do so if you think it helps your flawed premise.

It matters not one fuck to me wether Pedro stays or goes. It's not a personal thing. It's a first principle thing based on simple economics. The financial modelling of our club makes us also rans. Pedro or no Pedro. We are fighting it out with all the other also rans as a consequence. 

Also, I have not resigned us to a mid table slug, our board have, but you just don't get it and you have resigned us to second place at best, because it fits your agenda, as opposed to adressing the root cause of our inept year on year performances due to the economic envirionment that our board holds us hostage to. 

Again, second is nothing. It only makes us good losers in meeting board aspirations and that's what makes us appeasers and surrender monkeys. That's fine, but don't try to deflect and fucking constantly winge about performances on the park, with the scum giving us a good skelping. As the old saying goes, you pay peanuts you get monkeys and compared to the scum we certainly are. Just because of who we are we just pay more for the same fucking  monkeys all the other also rans have, just to add insult to injury.

Our new club logo should show an elephant smelling coffee, with we surrender emblazoned, as it couldn't be more apt

Your having a meltdown talking about elephants and monkeys wtf

"You pay peanuts you getting monkeys" never heard of that in ma life

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

How can you say am I missing the point when I keep address your over-reaching post in-every-single-comment I make to you.

For someone who says it doesn't matter if Pedro goes, you sure make some fist of calling people moon howlers, surrender monkeys and appeasers who want him gone amongst other things. Herein lies your contradiction, you say to me you don't care if he goes, you aren't making a defence for him to stay yet people who want him gone get called all sorts?

AGAIN I'm going to point out the irony in your drivvel in the last line about elephants, coffee and surrendering - you epitomise this yourself (and you can't see it) because you don't want us to take a chance on a new guy and instantly improving this team and getting better results, even if, I admit it won't be enough for the title. You are blind (purposely - for reasons only known to yourself) to the fact that whilst we need serious investment to topple celtic to the title, we don't need serious investment to nail second (compared to it being a slug and being sat in mid table) and including many other areas of improvement.

I'm actually starting to think you don't want us to improve because you get more of a kick out of being able to rant about Dave King (who is the biggest prick apart from Whyte to wear our club blazer) to people you don't know online. It's a masochistic trait.

17 plus pages of blame towards either Pedro or the board. No mention of Mark Allen though a key man in managerial operations! What has been his role and involvement since his arrival or has he been so low key everyone's asking "who" as they read this?

He worked such wonders with Man City youth that they still try to buy the EPL each year and he's so good he took the step "up" to join Rangers. Maybe in the 80/90s or 00s but not at the minute! 

Hmmm

4 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Absolute pish patter.

aye the board invested to the tune of 10 million but that wouldn't even buy you Patrick Roberts.

If you continuously blame the conveyor belt of managers that we are going to go through instead of the board you are on glue.

The board for all their faults have still provided Pedro with enough resources that should have us in second, beating the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Thistle and Progres. 

5 minutes ago, Markrebekah said:

17 plus pages of blame towards either Pedro or the board. No mention of Mark Allen though a key man in managerial operations! What has been his role and involvement since his arrival or has he been so low key everyone's asking "who" as they read this?

He worked such wonders with Man City youth that they still try to buy the EPL each year and he's so good he took the step "up" to join Rangers. Maybe in the 80/90s or 00s but not at the minute! 

Hmmm

I think Mark Allen will be another busted flush tbh but he can't be mentioned in the same breath and the board and Pedro for the fuck-up's and position we find ourselves in. He's been in the job a matter of weeks, quite literally.

28 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Have the board not backed the manager to finish comfortably second though? We all want to finish first but I think the last two managers have been backed more than enough to finish second, from which we can then look to progress into first. Unfortunately that's three straight summer windows where we've had to completely rebuild the squad whereas we should've been in a position where one rebuild was necessary and the other windows could be used to supplement the first XI and squad with quality acquisitions. I suppose it then comes down to the board in that they've hired the managers who've then bought poorly. But if you look at a couple of the fees they spent in the summer on individual players even though a double digit total was required, it suggests there would be money available to buy 2-3 players each window that would be capable of winning the league. We have a decent spine at the moment (GK, McCrorie, Alves, Jack, Dorrans, Morelos) so January and the summer should be used to buy quality that enhances the first XI. I also think the likes of Mclean and Walker would be good value for money as squad additions if we can get them on a free. Certainly upgrades on Holt and Dalcio for building a title winning squad. 

To make it happen as quickly as possible, we need to get the next batch of signings right and I imagine that will be the DoF's responsibility. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I think Mark Allen will be another busted flush tbh but he can't be mentioned in the same breath and the board and Pedro for the fuck-up's and position we find ourselves in. He's been in the job a matter of weeks, quite literally.

Said it before and will say it again. He will last 18 months before slipping off out the back door unannounced having achieved fuck all. It's got waste of time written all over it. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The board for all their faults have still provided Pedro with enough resources that should have us in second, beating the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Thistle and Progres. 

I agree with that but I'm still of the opinion there is a bit of a bedding in process happening.

If there is no daylight between us and the sheep shagger come Christmas there will be no excuses.

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

Said it before and will say it again. He will last 18 months before slipping off out the back door unannounced having achieved fuck all. It's got waste of time written all over it. 

i 100% agree with this. hope he slips out sooner rather than later. 

13 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Absolute pish patter.

aye the board invested to the tune of 10 million but that wouldn't even buy you Patrick Roberts.

If you continuously blame the conveyor belt of managers that we are going to go through instead of the board you are on glue.

But we're 8 points behind having played them once. A Tommy Wright St Johnstone team and a Graeme Murty Rangers team managed to take points off them in a one-off game. I think the last two managers have been back more than enough to finish comfortably second which they both seem to be struggling with. I think if that was achieved then we could complain have a lack of investment to maintain the consistency over a season. But I suppose you can still trace the appointments back to the board (although Warburton did the job of getting us out the championship). The specific people responsible for hiring Caixinha should probably be fired too but I don't Caixinha will be successful here in the long-term so the board are as well admitting their mistake now and taking the time to get the right man in. I agree we can't keep changing managers but we have to stick and back one we believe will be successful. If you think that's Caixinha then I understand why you think he should stay. 

4 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

i 100% agree with this. hope he slips out sooner rather than later. 

What I mean is that he will slope off out the door due to his inability to implement any kind of tangible change due to the potless board he operates under 

waste of time 

2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

What I mean is that he will slope off out the door due to his inability to implement any kind of tangible change due to the potless board he operates under 

waste of time 

well i agree with you about slipping out the door lol and i hope he does it sooner rather than later. 

2 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

But we're 8 points behind having played them once. A Tommy Wright St Johnstone team and a Graeme Murty Rangers team managed to take points off them in a one-off game. I think the last two managers have been back more than enough to finish comfortably second which they both seem to be struggling with. I think if that was achieved then we could complain have a lack of investment to maintain the consistency over a season. But I suppose you can still trace the appointments back to the board (although Warburton did the job of getting us out the championship). The specific people responsible for hiring Caixinha should probably be fired too but I don't Caixinha will be successful here in the long-term so the board are as well admitting their mistake now and taking the time to get the right man in. I agree we can't keep changing managers but we have to stick and back one we believe will be successful. If you think that's Caixinha then I understand why you think he should stay. 

The rot set in when we appointed mcoist and he was in training playing red arse.

I honestly believe our team now is stronger than it was this time last year and we have something to build on. If Pedro can get us to a comfortable 2nd and close the gap on the tattie howkers I'll be happy.

4 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

If Pedro can get us to a comfortable 2nd and close the gap on the tattie howkers I'll be happy.

Pedro couldn't even get us past Progrès, Luxembourg's fourth best side, over two legs or Patrick Thistle over two spells of 90 minutes, one of which they were down to ten men.

Blind hope, that's what you and the 56% who voted to give him time have.