The Rugby thread

MisterC

Get the fuck in there!Β 

Best performance I’ve seen from Scotland,Β that I can remember, in my lifetime.

Total domination and should have been far more points scored - but in saying that you can’t moan at our game management retrospectively.

Well done to Turner on his improvement on line outs!

17 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Yessssss!!!! What a performance from Scotland I didnt see that coming. Absolutely dominated them and atΒ twickers. Well done to them!Β 

I was waiting for the aw ffs moment which usually comes along but never, that was superb.

I lumped on at 9/2 as well, the first game of the season could go either way, magic.

6 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Absolutely dominated that and fully deservedΒ the win! Can’t say I wasn’t uncomfortable in the last 10 though.Β 
Fully expect Scotland to do something Scottish and concede a try in the last few minutes.Β 
Great win.Β 

That sounds about right, the chip to the corner that bounced wrong and Russell and Hoggs kicks should have had us out of sight, the lead was slender and thank fuck there was no late drama.

31 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Looking at the stats from the game, it was exceptional stuff from Scotland. 3 home games as well this year, keep this going and we could be in with a shout of the championship. One game at a time though...

Ireland will be the stick in the mud....they always seem to pull it out the bag against us....Wales have went massively backwards of late so I'd fully expect wins against them and ItalyΒ 

I'm still buzzing from that win yesterday. I just cannot get over how well we played and dealt with England. Not a single lost line out. I cannot remember that ever happening before, certainly against tier 1 opposition. Getting the basics right is crucial to winning and we certainly accomplished that.Β 

Team announced for the Wales game on Saturday and 3 changes to the line up. Redpath, Ritchie and maitland out so thats 3 good players down.

Not convinced with who has come in though. Blade Thomson hasnt shown much so far for Scotland, same with Lang. Darcy Graham is quality but not the best under the high ball.

Will be a tough game but if we play like we did at the weekend it will be a Scotland victory. Wales struggled against 14 men for 70 minutes at the weekend and I think they are there for the taking

S HoggΒ©; D Graham, C Harris, J Lang, D van der Merwe; F Russell, A Price; R Sutherland, G Turner, Z Fagerson, S Cummings, J Gray, B Thomson, H Watson, M Fagerson. Substitutes: D Cherry, O Kebble, W Nel, R Gray, G Graham, S Steele, J van der Walt, H Jones.

https://www.theoffsideline.com/scotland-v-wales-jamie-ritchie-cameron-redpath-and-sean-maitland-out/?v=79cba1185463