• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

James Mcarthur.

I'm meh about Walker and Mclean tbh

As am I, they have levelled off as good SPFL players but no better. Don't make Scotland squads, wouldn't make the celtic team. 

As squad players and punts yes if we have the money. As major additions...no

We certainly need options. DJ has been impressive so would obviously look at him, McArthur if we could get him would be amazing.

The likes of McLean, Moult and Walker aren`t going to dramatically raise the standard of our squad but we are desperately lacking options and squad depth which they will provide and can also give competition for first team places. I fully expect Kranjcar and Miller to leave as well as a few others (Dodoo, Halliday, MOH etc if Pedro is still here) so we will need replacements.

1 minute ago, The Monk said:

We certainly need options. DJ has been impressive so would obviously look at him, McArthur if we could get him would be amazing.

The likes of McLean, Moult and Walker aren`t going to dramatically raise the standard of our squad but we are desperately lacking options and squad depth which they will provide and can also give competition for first team places. I fully expect Kranjcar and Miller to leave as well as a few others (Dodoo, Halliday, MOH etc if Pedro is still here) so we will need replacements.

Agree if they are happy to risk being bit part most of that list improve our squad (some I haven't seen so can't comment). Because scorers are so hard to come by Moult is a no brainer for me, and DJ has done well so I'd have him. Morgan has the most potential 

moult walker McLean as pre contracts

We do need to up the player levels again in January tho if we can A LW with real pace and power and someone with a bit of quality to play alongside jack. I'd be happy to go with that tbh

punt

windass

kranjcar

Miller

holt

McArthur, McLean, Walker, Morgan & Moult would be rather good.

Next season could play a 3-5-1-1 : Foderingham; Cardoso, Alves, McCrorie; Candeias, McArthur, Jack, Dorrans, Wallace; Naismith*; Morelos. 

*Could literally be any other attacking mid but he was the first name to jump into mind soz. 

Jamie Walker (RW CAM) Hearts 

Lewis Morgan (CAM) St Mirren

Louis Moult (CF) Motherwell

Kenny McLean (CM) Aberdeen

James McArthur (CM) Crystal Palace

Declan John (LB LW) Cardiff City

I'd sign all of these, bulks up the squad and all bar McArthur at a decent age.  No brainer really with the likes of Miller & Nico leaving

2 hours ago, trueblueal said:

The time is approaching where we can sign players on pre contracts. With some heavy earners potentially leaving and our squad a bit light who would you take?

Below are a few realistic ones available. Feel free to add to the list...

Jamie Walker (RW CAM) Hearts 

Lewis Morgan (CAM) St Mirren

Louis Moult (CF) Motherwell

Kenny McLean (CM) Aberdeen

James McArthur (CM) Crystal Palace

Jose Abella (RB) Santos Laguna

Declan John (LB LW) Cardiff City

Oswaldo Alanis (CB) Chivas Guadalajara 

Rashid Sumaila (CB) Al Qadisiya 

Aaron Nemane (LW) Manchester City

Javier Aquino (LW) Tigres 

We are due a 6 million pound loan in December this list will not come to fruition. The December fixtures will see us sign a new manager in January with Pedro getting the chop so that pay off will cost as well.

34 minutes ago, OhW said:

You could say that they need to move to us in order to keep developing though. Loads of players aren't in Scotland squads until they move to us or the scum.

Dorrans, Jack and Holt are nowhere near the Scotland Squad. Mclean is an upgrade on Holt and Mcarthur is arguably better than Jack and Dorrans although he is a different kind of player. I think the players mentioned would be great squad additions along with Walker and Moult.

Just now, Gustav said:

We need to be going for quality over quantity, since 2012 we have done the opposite and it has meant a rebuild the following summer each year.

Sign 3 or 4 players of quality, none of this pish of filling out the squad.

Agree.