Rangers Picture Thread

On 25/03/2023 at 15:48, Thermopylae said:

The Glasgow Lord Provost presenting Mr Struth with his portrait :thumbup:

Is that Willie Maley of the tics?

Post.jpg

The ceremony to unveil the iconic portrait of Bill Struth which hangs in the Trophy Room was held on 15th May 1953 at Glasgow City Chambers.

Pictured with Mr. Struth is his great friend, Willie Maley. Maley wrote a glowing tribute to Struth in the 1954 RSA Annual.

image.thumb.png.cb9394666f4d9f6d03b3f2ef43065fc3.png

On 01/04/2023 at 21:29, Don54 said:

The ceremony to unveil the iconic portrait of Bill Struth which hangs in the Trophy Room was held on 15th May 1953 at Glasgow City Chambers.

Pictured with Mr. Struth is his great friend, Willie Maley. Maley wrote a glowing tribute to Struth in the 1954 RSA Annual.

image.thumb.png.cb9394666f4d9f6d03b3f2ef43065fc3.png

It's interesting how a bit like with Number 10 and the White House over the years the relationship between the 2 clubs does ebb and flow.

Apparently Maley's father was a British soldier and his mother was Canadian of Scots extraction so that may have helped?

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

It's interesting how a bit like with Number 10 and the White House over the years the relationship between the 2 clubs does ebb and flow.

Apparently Maley's father was a British soldier and his mother was Canadian of Scots extraction so that may have helped?

I always thought Maley was a scumbag after I read about his comment at the fatal accident inquiry of the Johnny Thompson incident when asked ‘In your opinion, was it an accident?’ and his reply was ‘I hope it was an accident. I cannot form an opinion as to what happened as I did not actually see the accident."   

16 hours ago, Don54 said:

I always thought Maley was a scumbag after I read about his comment at the fatal accident inquiry of the Johnny Thompson incident when asked ‘In your opinion, was it an accident?’ and his reply was ‘I hope it was an accident. I cannot form an opinion as to what happened as I did not actually see the accident."   

I suppose if you have 50,000 snarling tims at your back you have to think carefully before speaking