Rangers Picture Thread

5 hours ago, Don54 said:

dg.thumb.png.e088ed29670c0b6beb0017bbae3e322d.png

Dougie Gray

Gray joined the Ibrox club from Aberdeen Mugiemoss in June 1925. A full back, he played for the club 555 times in competitive matches between 1925 and 1947, earning ten league championship and six Scottish Cup winning medals. Taking into account his appearances in war-time matches and friendlies, he made 940 appearances for the club in all, wearing the shirt more times than any other player, though John Greig is the record holder for appearances in official matches. Gray won ten international caps for the Scotland national football team and made six appearances for the Scottish League representative side.

After leaving Rangers, he acted as a coach at Clyde.

Gray is a member of the Rangers F.C. Hall of Fame.

ħow so   few caps?  then i remember 3 home internationals a season and 1 or 2 friendlies and war time.

4 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:
9 hours ago, Don54 said:

dg.thumb.png.e088ed29670c0b6beb0017bbae3e322d.png

Dougie Gray

Gray joined the Ibrox club from Aberdeen Mugiemoss in June 1925. A full back, he played for the club 555 times in competitive matches between 1925 and 1947, earning ten league championship and six Scottish Cup winning medals. Taking into account his appearances in war-time matches and friendlies, he made 940 appearances for the club in all, wearing the shirt more times than any other player, though John Greig is the record holder for appearances in official matches. Gray won ten international caps for the Scotland national football team and made six appearances for the Scottish League representative side.

After leaving Rangers, he acted as a coach at Clyde.

Gray is a member of the Rangers F.C. Hall of Fame.

ħow so   few caps?  then i remember 3 home internationals a season and 1 or 2 friendlies and war time.

I did some googling  Scotland played 56 internationals between 1926 - 39, Due to the war official international football was suspended and so officially the Scotland team was inactive. However unofficial internationals featuring scratch teams representing Scotland continued. Appearances in these matches are not, however, included in a players total international caps. 

10 hours ago, Inigo said:

Gareth Evans and Joe Tortolano. Mind from that Hibs team it was Micky Weir we loved to hate.

That one picture sums up so much about what is wrong with us now....look at the hatred and anger in that face....imagine Scott Brown trying to psyche fergie out

11 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Had one of the best nights, or should that be night well into the next day of my life in The Rex a few years back when we played Linfield. Best breakfast I ever had was about 2 in the afternoon in a wee café at the bottom of The Shankill. When I crawled in the door, the wee wumman behind the counter shouted in to the kitchen to her colleague that a drunken Scotchman needed one of her specials. Cue an Ulster Fry with all the trimmings, and a mug of tea with about six sugars in it.

I went from half dead to full of vim and vigour within the space of an hour, went on to enjoy another great day, missed my bus back home, was put up for the night by a complete stranger, was given a lift to Larne by another complete stranger and finally made it back home a complete day later than I was supposed to.  Needless to say that I am still in contact and meet with those complete strangers as they were, whenever I can.

Happy days those were indeed.

Was the wee cafe called Mikalas by any chance mate?