Rangers Picture Thread

b73e1a5f_o.thumb.jpeg.e32bbc074addc97e0b15608bbf4dc2bc.jpeg

Johnny Hamilton' s  Scottish League Championship gold and enamel winners medal, engraved `Premier Division 1975-76 J.Hamilton Rangers F.C.`, two Scottish League Cup gold and enamel winners medals engraved `League Cup Season 1972-73 Winner` and `League Cup Winner 1977-78`, and a Scottish Cup Runners-Up gold and enamel medal 1976-77

22 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Edited:

Looks like Lord Rosebery's colours.  He was an Earl and former PM.  His family name was Primrose and his horse racing colours were primrose and pink.  I believe he was president of the SFA and Scotland played a few games wearing that strip.   

Edited:  Probably a P Thistle top.  Very similar and the year is more likely to be post-war.  Rosebery was considerably before that time.

only used the primrose strip a couple of times  i dont think it tallys wit torry playing. primrose is bob wilsons middle name after this gent ,hjis mothers name ,he was also in lodge pollokshields..

21 hours ago, Don54 said:

That's what I get for taking the pics info at face value, It is a Partick shirt  and on the issue when Scotland last wore  Roseberry's colours it was against France in 1949, with a team featured several Rangers players ( Edit ) some say it was last worn in 1951 others 1954.

1949.thumb.png.a181517d382511cc0211f536c0a23a9f.png

great team only 1 from the dark side and he was q.p school ,bobby evans.

21 hours ago, KingKai said:

Schools football used to hold cup finals there if I remember.

Played a semi final there for Bishopbriggs High School in 2nd year and it brings back great memories of my auld man . He stayed in Toryglen Street right across from the park and came along to see the game. I was distraught when we lost but remember how proud he was that day and cheered me up by telling me I would play for The Rangers one day. Thing was I believed him but the closest I got was one trial game for Rangers Boys club.