January

I would like to see us strengthening from the back build a solid defence first, I read good things about young Morgan although I have yet to see him play.

I honestly don't think McLean or Walker will improve us any we need better than them, Moult possibly, we also need to get rid of few who aren't giving us anything.

Whoever gets the Rangers job has a lot of work to do best of luck to whomever that maybe. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

Abit hard on tav who's been excellent this season. Defensively he's been better than average and with 5 assists and a goal already. Been 1 of our better performers 

He's always been better going forward, however if we're going to continue playing four at the back we need fullbacks who are capable of defending. 

Tavernier isnt. 

Full left side of the park, wallaces best days are behind him unfortunately and John is only on loan.

A decent right back that can defend, candeias makes tav look a bit better than he is but still not good enough.

Somebody to play behind or partner Morelos.

If the left back and right back positions get sorted I think the spine of the team in the middle should be good enough to do a job.

1 hour ago, billythebear1986 said:

Yeah no walker for me either. A Barry McKay esque player but without being a wee shitebag would be ideal.                     Defiently think windass is just played out of position. His runs into the box would make him an great fit for the role Pedro placed Pena in. 

Not a Windass fan but think he has the potential to improve and is probably on a par with Walker atm anyway

8 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Whats to stop the bheasts offering Moult more than us just to bench him most of the time? Most people are assuming we are just going to sign the guy without any competition. 

Thats my fear they could easily swoop in and take him, would have much rathered the money that went on Herrera just went on Moult in the summer, probably would have had change left over as well.

John on a pre-contract

Moult on a pre-contract and try sign him in Jan.

Quality left winger

Quality attacking centre mid

Don't think that's too unreasonable. No need for quantity anymore, just get 2 quality players and 2 frees. John will still be here anyway, if we can get Moult cheap in Jan great if not then wait til the summer

I watched the U21 Scotland v England game a few weeks ago. England clearly the better side and generally acknowledged as the best in the world at that age group. Lewis Morgan was an absolute stand-out on the left wing for Scotland and arguably MOM. I hear Warburton is keen on taking him to Nottingham. We definitely should be getting this lad signed up, IMO. He is already good enough to solve our left wing problem and could be worth a great deal in the not too distant future.

Looking at the contracts ending next summer, and besides the few that have been mentioned already, I figure Scott Bain and Josh Meekings would be two decent pickups. Johnny Russell would do the trick on the left-wing as well but that shit ain't ever happening.

1 hour ago, M0NTY said:

Whats to stop the bheasts offering Moult more than us just to bench him most of the time? Most people are assuming we are just going to sign the guy without any competition. 

Nothing to stop him but whilst he'll earn well his career will stagnate there. He'll never get games and end up punted on loan.

Big decision for him to make but if he has sense he can come to us, get games, challenge for cups and titles, gain European experience and a fair pay increase.

Not many other clubs will offer him all of that.

We'll soon see what's important to him.

Jonny Russell,James McArthur, Scot Arfield would be my shout, suited to game up here and will improve us, numerous others from other teams, Crouch, Vorm, Collins, Shawcross, Yoshida, Marney, Huth, Whitehead, Krul, Dummet, 

Frees next summer, 

Brighton- Bruno, Tomer Hemed, Gaetan Bong, Steve Sidwell, Rohan Ince, Henrik Bjordal, Uwe Hunemeier, Niki Maenpaa, Liam Rosenior, Richie Towell, Kazenga LuaLua.

Palace- Martin Kelly, Julián Speroni, Damien Delaney, Yohan Cabaye, James McArthur, Bakary Sako, Joel Ward, Wayne Hennessey, Chung-Yong Lee, Hiram Boateng, Freddie Ladapo.

arsenal- Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, Santi Cazorla, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Wilshere, Per Mertesacker (retiring), Kieran Gibbs, Joel Campbell, Carl Jenkinson, Matt Macey.

manure- Juan Mata, Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini, Michael Carrick, Ashley Young, Daley Blind, Luke Shaw, Andreas Pereira.

Swansea- Sung-Yong Ki, Fernando Llorente, Leon Britton, Angel Rangel, Mark Birighitti, Oliver McBurnie, Kenji Gorre.

wba- Craig Dawson, Callum McManaman, Boaz Myhill, Gareth McAuley, James Morrison, Chris Brunt, Claudio Yacob.

2 minutes ago, blueballss said:

Jonny Russell,James McArthur, Scot Arfield would be my shout, suited to game up here and will improve us, numerous others from other teams, Crouch, Vorm, Collins, Shawcross, Yoshida, Marney, Huth, Whitehead, Krul, Dummet, 

Frees next summer, 

Brighton- Bruno, Tomer Hemed, Gaetan Bong, Steve Sidwell, Rohan Ince, Henrik Bjordal, Uwe Hunemeier, Niki Maenpaa, Liam Rosenior, Richie Towell, Kazenga LuaLua.

Palace- Martin Kelly, Julián Speroni, Damien Delaney, Yohan Cabaye, James McArthur, Bakary Sako, Joel Ward, Wayne Hennessey, Chung-Yong Lee, Hiram Boateng, Freddie Ladapo.

arsenal- Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, Santi Cazorla, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Wilshere, Per Mertesacker (retiring), Kieran Gibbs, Joel Campbell, Carl Jenkinson, Matt Macey.

manure- Juan Mata, Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini, Michael Carrick, Ashley Young, Daley Blind, Luke Shaw, Andreas Pereira.

Swansea- Sung-Yong Ki, Fernando Llorente, Leon Britton, Angel Rangel, Mark Birighitti, Oliver McBurnie, Kenji Gorre.

wba- Craig Dawson, Callum McManaman, Boaz Myhill, Gareth McAuley, James Morrison, Chris Brunt, Claudio Yacob.

Most on that list will be on 30k pw upwards. Some well in excess of that.

Buy aye, one or two might improve us....

14 minutes ago, blueballss said:

Frees next summer, 

Away for a lie down.

Fuck me :lol:

10 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Eh? Mata and Sanchez are pretty much a given. Could see us offering a couple of contracts to Ozil and Cazorla too, if they impress during their trial. Blind would score goals for fun... 

Get his dad in as manager. Then we could have the Blind leading the Blind, much like the last few years.:whistle:

50 minutes ago, blueballss said:

Frees next summer, 

Jonny Russell :megaanguish:

thats worth a banning just for that alone