Windass.

tannerall

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

What worries me even more

Is the high level of bears accepting utter shite and mediocrity .

Cleary no one  wants to be at the level we're currently at, but we need to be realistic. We've no money, the SPL is a pish league and we've got a shit board in place. No player worth their salt is going to sign for us at the moment and we're obviously having trouble finding a good manager too. It's all well and good going mental every time we lose a game, like today, that we should be winning, but what can we do? We can't just snap our fingers and get the old days back. Unfortunately, it's going to take time and money. And we don't have either. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Cleary no one  wants to be at the level we're currently at, but we need to be realistic. We've no money, the SPL is a pish league and we've got a shit board in place. No player worth their salt is going to sign for us at the moment and we're obviously having trouble finding a good manager too. It's all well and good going mental every time we lose a game, like today, that we should be winning, but what can we do? We can't just snap our fingers and get the old days back. Unfortunately, it's going to take time and money. And we don't have either. 

Disagree there 

Plenty of players would sign for Rangers 

Even quality ones 

We need a strong and capable manager ithat knows what it takes 

One that can get us in some players iwith a winning mentality 

While being hard enough to hose out these fucking losers we process 

Get them all to fuck ..No more 9th and 10thchances 

When he scored the leveller on Wednesday .I thought brilliant .Then his celebration made me think .This guy thinks he is a player .I immediately reminded myself why I detest him 

He is a fucking embarrassment of a footballer for me

The absolute kind of player to get a Manager sacked all day long   

Windass has now been at Ibrox for a while.   He's been here long enough to know the score at Rangers.......or he should know the score.  He's flattered on very few occasions and deceived on countless more.   He does not turn in good goal scoring or goal assisting performances on anywhere near enough occasions.  If he is getting starts because there is no one better or likely to be better coming out of the development team then I'm sorry but that speaks volumes for the paucity of talent coming out of the academy set up.   Those running the development set up speak often and loudly about the talent coming through but know what.......at nowhere near the volume or quality for a club of the ambition that Rangers should have.   Like Windass the development folks flatter to deceive too.

Maybe Warburton might launch a bid to take him to Forest in January.     Seems to me he's not capable of reaching a consistently good level of performance at Rangers so maybe its best he was shifted on.  And how about some evidence that the development folks are producing goal scoring creative talent ready for the first team?   It always jam tomorrow from them.    The need is today. 

2 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Useless. Shitebag. Arrogant. 

One of the worst players ever to wear the jersey. I’d love to tell him all this to his face, but the coward would probably hide behind someone while I was doing it. I hate the cunt. 

I have never hated a Rangers player in my life and don’t think I would ever start too. You support the wrong team if you have this amount of hatred towards a player.

3 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I have never hated a Rangers player in my life and don’t think I would ever start too. You support the wrong team if you have this amount of hatred towards a player.

You need to grow up a bit if you think dislike of a Rangers player means you don’t support Rangers. The guy is a colossal waste of skin. I wouldn’t piss on him if he was allergic to piss. To make matters worse, he clearly thinks he’s fucking brilliant with his smug celebrations. He’s a useless cunt and plenty more than just me think so too. 

27 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

When he scored the leveller on Wednesday .I thought brilliant .Then his celebration made me think .This guy thinks he is a player .I immediately reminded myself why I detest him 

He is a fucking embarrassment of a footballer for me

The absolute kind of player to get a Manager sacked all day long   

He said his celebration on Wednesday was for the boy Finlay in the BA Magic video.

Anyway. I find it bizarre that Murty moved him out wide after he's played so well through the middle lately. 

25 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Windass has now been at Ibrox for a while.   He's been here long enough to know the score at Rangers.......or he should know the score.  He's flattered on very few occasions and deceived on countless more.   He does not turn in good goal scoring or goal assisting performances on anywhere near enough occasions.  If he is getting starts because there is no one better or likely to be better coming out of the development team then I'm sorry but that speaks volumes for the paucity of talent coming out of the academy set up.   Those running the development set up speak often and loudly about the talent coming through but know what.......at nowhere near the volume or quality for a club of the ambition that Rangers should have.   Like Windass the development folks flatter to deceive too.

Maybe Warburton might launch a bid to take him to Forest in January.     Seems to me he's not capable of reaching a consistently good level of performance at Rangers so maybe its best he was shifted on.  And how about some evidence that the development folks are producing goal scoring creative talent ready for the first team?   It always jam tomorrow from them.    The need is today. 

Nice one, RB.

All I can say about Windass is that every goal he can put on his stats or showreel will entice a few more buyers & add a wee bit more to his eventual fee.

Hopefully, nobody will have studied the lengthy, blank spaces in between meaningful contributions.

As for the development - Nice to see McCrorie & Barjonas getting game time but, if Hardie is the best they can come up with by way of striking talent, they’re wasting everybody’s time.

Just now, HG5 said:

Nice one, RB.

All I can say about Windass is that every goal he can put on his stats or showreel will entice a few more buyers & add a wee bit more to his eventual fee.

Hopefully, nobody will have studied the lengthy, blank spaces in between meaningful contributions.

As for the development - Nice to see McCrorie & Barjonas getting game time but, if Hardie is the best they can come up with by way of striking talent, they’re wasting everybody’s time.

....and wasting a lot of money.   Money which might be put to better use toward buying more of a finished article in players. 

I for one have not seen any explanation of how much cost the Club is prepared to incur set alongside the expected benefit in terms of players who become regular first team performers in a properly competitive title-challenging side and how long that takes and / or benefit in terms of transfer fees generated to offset the development costs.

In trying to have a development cake and eat it at the same time as we churn squad after squad every time a manager changes, and are forced to hunt for players in increasingly lower bargain basements while trying to build that proper title-challenging side, it seems to me we are getting neither the full and timely production of enough development players into the first team or are producing a proper title challenging side.     

Just can't make up my mind about him, and my opinions move like the wind. All in all I don't think he has it, but the problem is he is not our worst player, in fact our problem may well be that he is one of our best players. Six years ago nearly we lost the best midfield in this league, and we are nowhere near that standard, and it is harming our performances that we are dependent on players who wouldn't even have found a place in that squad.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

He has scored a few good goals, but he is either great or shite and seems to be shite more than great. Frustrating in the extreme.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

....and wasting a lot of money.   Money which might be put to better use toward buying more of a finished article in players. 

I for one have not seen any explanation of how much cost the Club is prepared to incur set alongside the expected benefit in terms of players who become regular first team performers in a properly competitive title-challenging side and how long that takes and / or benefit in terms of transfer fees generated to offset the development costs.

In trying to have a development cake and eat it at the same time as we churn squad after squad every time a manager changes, and are forced to hunt for players in increasingly lower bargain basements while trying to build that proper title-challenging side, it seems to me we are getting neither the full and timely production of enough development players into the first team or are producing a proper title challenging side.     

I suspect the answer would include something along the lines of ‘three year cycle’.

Of course, we’ll just be at the start of one, so don’t expect anything too soon.

59 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Just can't make up my mind about him

I made my mind up a long time ago about him, he is fucking garbage and never the level of player we need to win titles, aye he was a wee bit better moved in one and playing off the striker but even at that he was still pretty poor (but slowly winning me over).

Josh Windass can leave right now, his wee fan boys with the poofy chant may not like it, but he is rubbish and will never reach the standard his old man did.

2 hours ago, ben51 said:

He said his celebration on Wednesday was for the boy Finlay in the BA Magic video.

Anyway. I find it bizarre that Murty moved him out wide after he's played so well through the middle lately. 

Agreed. Found that really strange. He definitely looked more involved after we went back to the diamond formation with him and Morelos up top. 

2 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

You need to grow up a bit if you think dislike of a Rangers player means you don’t support Rangers. The guy is a colossal waste of skin. I wouldn’t piss on him if he was allergic to piss. To make matters worse, he clearly thinks he’s fucking brilliant with his smug celebrations. He’s a useless cunt and plenty more than just me think so too. 

You didn’t say dislike though you said you hated him . There’s a big difference. , I save my hatred for anything. From terrorists to kiddiefiddlers. I wouldn’t guess your outrage at these if you can Hate a footballer and a Rangers one at that.

27 minutes ago, piperpete said:

You didn’t say dislike though you said you hated him . There’s a big difference. , I save my hatred for anything. From terrorists to kiddiefiddlers. I wouldn’t guess your outrage at these if you can Hate a footballer and a Rangers one at that.

There's plenty of footballers I despise and Rangers players I hate