• Last Reply

Pumped my arse

Possession        Home 50%           Away 50%

Shots                   Home 10              Away 12

Shots on Target   Home 3                Away 3

Corners                 Home 4                Away 4

Fouls                    Home 15               Away 18

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Jose Mourinho got praised for similar type performances and results at Chelsea with hundreds of millions player wise and was classed as a genius and masterclass, funny how opinions change...

People always think the grass is greener. Mark Warburton was crictised week after week for not building a side who could go into a game like that tonight and grind a result out but after doing it tonight people are complaining about how bad a performance it was and how bad the football was. It’s like the twilight zone in here sometimes.

3 points against a team the invincibles couldnt beat last week. That will do.  And lets not forget that we scored 2 good goals and they got a deflection.

Hibs should have got something out the game but thats football. How many times have we said that about our own team this season? hitting the woodwork isnt scoring - just ask Windass

Just now, Sparkle said:

Pumped my arse

Possession        Home 50%           Away 50%

Shots                   Home 10              Away 12

Shots on Target   Home 3                Away 3

Corners                 Home 4                Away 4

Fouls                    Home 15               Away 18

Home                                        Away 

Goals      1                                                  2                     

24 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

Four wins in a row, three of those against top teams, yet to play the filth under him. I disagree, he will only get better and better.

some people backed a brentford manager and then a portugese madman, but not murty for two losess.

that is all anyone can say against him. Pure pish. 

Still a no from me. We were a shambles supposedly until we grabbed a few goals

4 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

You could also argue outwith Warburtons semi final win against them, Murty has guided us to a handful of our best results in the last 6 years. 

I don't believe Murty is the perfect candidate, but he's getting a job done with average players. 

Are you seriously advocating Murty for the job??

Like it or lump it we will be playing like that on the 30th December. 

As much as I was a fan of McInnes, with this bunch of players, I'm much more confident of getting a result with Murty incharge than McInnes. 

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

That's the one that counts

Just now, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

This is the only stat that matters. 

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

"admit it"????   Are you for real??     What is that about.  Murty is clueless and a lucky win tonight isn't going to change my mind.  Hamilton and Dundee are only 4 games ago.  Ross County was a scrape home win.   First time around he was just as clueless and we had some awful results..  Maybe you think that is acceptable but I certainly don't.  

No but im not clueless to see the conditions he is working under and producing wins when others failed to is inspiring, if not incredible. Like i said they are not his players, he has not had a pre season to inplement his ideas. Just rammed in and hes producing results against our main competitors, if you think with this squad we should be winning 4-0 then yes you would be clueless. 

And those are 4 wins ago, he is making up for those results and is strong favourite now for second when only two or three weeks ago we were written off, tonight alot of people had him and the team written off.

roll on the next match, another win hopefully which will yet again be met with scorn.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Miller was an enforced change.    Basically we had 10 at the back.  That was desperation not tactical ability.    Delighted with a win but if you think tonight was tactical genius then you are truly kidding yourself.  

Enforced personnel change. Could have put Pena on and kept the same shape. Not saying it was genius but he made tactically sound decisions and went home with three points. 

It's the sort of win we needed to get.    Not so long ago the team might have lacked the resilience to go on and see a game like that out.  Sure there was some good fortune but we have seen so many instances of bad refereeing decisions and bad fortune so what goes around comes around as the saying goes.    Maybe Lennon would do well to take some humility lessons from Murty, but then again the arrogance of Lennon is beyond moderation.

Murty is doing well enough so far to keep the team in reasonably close contention at the top of the league and whoever gets the manager job in Jan there is still a lot to play for as the business end of the season starts.   Back to back wins against Aberdeen and now an away win at Hibs and on a run of 4 wins in a row is exactly what we want to be seeing right now, even if the win tonight had to be a battling win from a side playing well below its capability.   

It's to be hoped the run of wins continues and whoever Murty hands over to in Jan inherits a side that's got into good winning habits and can press on from there.

Archived