David Bates

Dan Deacon

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw the game, only bits and pieces from underwater camera highlights. To me he looked very good given his age, he made some mistakes but that comes with experience. I'd make him a first team regular as Alves continues to struggle with injuries and I have no idea what is going on with Cardoso's nose. 

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Made a cunt of your post so correct grammar.

Bates has never really let us down, his distribution can be poor but as a no nonsense defender he is fine.

Why did I make a cunt of it? His post was fuck all to do with the topic.

Bates has been shite for us, I’m not letting a decent performance change my opinion. 

He done very well when he came on and he helped us shore it up against Aberdeen. He also nearly cost us 2 points with a ridiculous handball at Easter Road and was shite last season.

I’ll let you get carried away though.

5 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Why did I make a cunt of it? His post was fuck all to do with the topic.

Bates has been shite for us, I’m not letting a decent performance change my opinion. 

He done very well when he came on and he helped us shore it up against Aberdeen. He also nearly cost us 2 points with a ridiculous handball at Easter Road and was shite last season.

I’ll let you get carried away though.

Because you said he has been shite when he really hasn't been.

He was a big raw youngster threw in last season and looked a bit overwhelmed but done the basics right and this season he has been much more assured.

MOM vs Aberdeen and now the beggars the two teams above us in the league.

The handball you speak off was purely accidental.

When you start correcting grammar on a forum you just come across like a weapon imo.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Because you said he has been shite when he really hasn't been.

He was a big raw youngster threw in last season and looked a bit overwhelmed but done the basics right and this season he has been much more assured.

MOM vs Aberdeen and now the beggars the two teams above us in the league.

The handball you speak off was purely accidental.

When you start correcting grammar on a forum you just come across like a weapon imo.

First off I corrected his grammar because he called me a cock, so I acted like one. If he wanted to discuss Bates ability like you have then I would have replied normally.

Secondly I think you are letting two good performances mask a lot of bad ones last season. He was terrible in majority of games he played last season, Aiden Wilson came in last 2 games and looked more assured. I remember there being a thread on here at the time and the vast majority agreed A Wilson looked a better option.

Accidental or not we massively got away with it, it was a clear pen and could have cost us the points. Was no need to do it.

And continued to act like one.

It wasn't a clear penalty as it wasn't intentional he just misjudged the flight of the ball after the deflection and it wasn't given so get over it ffs.

I thought A Wilson looked better too, but where is he now? If he is so good how is he not getting a game ahead of young David?

He hasn't let the team down when called upon this season bit if you want to keep getting annoyed at his performances last season then crack on.

21 hours ago, cushynumber said:

sometimes you need to play in a game like that - and play well - for it to finally click that you are good enough for that stage. Maybe today was bates watershed moment. It's up to him now, to keep getting better. There's nothing I would like more than to see him,  the McRororie brothers, Wilson, Barjonas all in a good Rangers team - but they have to be good enough - not think that because they are in the team thats the be all and end all, because it takes more than that

I don't think it is in his character to rest on his laurels, he knows he is not the most cultured natural footballer but what I see in him is a proper defender with steely determination and a ferocious will to win, I would hope the Ibrox retirement home for the final pay cheque is firmly in the past and we have to learn to trust our own players if the coaches deem them good enough, Alves was ok when he was on but when the big man came on he was a colossus giving us a much better performance on prob 10% of his wages, which should be rectified immediately with a shiny new contract issued.

Give me a young lad who is willing to fight for the jersey and give everything he has over that shitebag Alves who is more concerned about not getting injured and not picked for Portugal.

Bates and Wilson as furst choice defenders from now on. Alves doesn't want to be here and Cardoso is shite.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

And continued to act like one.

It wasn't a clear penalty as it wasn't intentional he just misjudged the flight of the ball after the deflection and it wasn't given so get over it ffs.

I thought A Wilson looked better too, but where is he now? If he is so good how is he not getting a game ahead of young David?

He hasn't let the team down when called upon this season bit if you want to keep getting annoyed at his performances last season then crack on.

After he called me a wanker? Course I did why would I act sound with him? If he wanted to discuss Bates ability I’d happily do so but all he did was chat shite.

Why would I be annoyed at a Rangers player doing well? I’m delighted he proved me wrong when he come on yesterday and I hope he continues to do so.

It’s in my opinion he’s not good enough and his performances were poor last season. You don’t agree, fair enough, not sure why you’re greeting about it.