Dundee United

Escobar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Mental that Jamie McDonald is at Alloa. Only 33, still a decent age for a goalie

Maybe not these days due to the information overload at a young aged but I'd have said maybe as little as a decade ago that 33 was your prime as a goalkeeper. Some fall from grace I'd agree

30 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I long for the day they go bust, one match at a time I suppose.

Shankland keeps scoring then they might just!! Was he not meant to be on a massive goal bonus?

Kidding before anyone thinks they might go bust this way......

9 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Maybe not these days due to the information overload at a young aged but I'd have said maybe as little as a decade ago that 33 was your prime as a goalkeeper. Some fall from grace I'd agree

Did we ever beat Alloa at the Recs? I remember being 2-0 up the being beat 3-2 .

8 hours ago, AdzKyle said:

Shankland keeps scoring then they might just!! Was he not meant to be on a massive goal bonus?

Kidding before anyone thinks they might go bust this way......

The chance of them going into serious financial turmoil isn’t beyond belief.

I play golf with their former financial director, he only left a month to 6 weeks ago and even as a Utd fan he said that things are not ready great.

The American owners are paying big wages and bonuses and their financial future is built around he vision of them playing European football in the next 3-5 years which isn’t going to happen, 

10 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

The chance of them going into serious financial turmoil isn’t beyond belief.

I play golf with their former financial director, he only left a month to 6 weeks ago and even as a Utd fan he said that things are not ready great.

The American owners are paying big wages and bonuses and their financial future is built around he vision of them playing European football in the next 3-5 years which isn’t going to happen, 

The yanks really don’t have a fucking clue when it comes to running a British or European football club the philosophy is spend big and you’ll be rewarded. The Fenway group that run Liverpool are doing a good job now mainly because of Klopp imo but before they were throwing all sorts of money in with no return it’s took them a while to get it right which to me seems like the perfect storm rather than good business. They’ll always want a return on their investment so in turn they are an absolute bastard to get rid of if it truly goes tits up and the club has lost stock. 

5 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Says who??

:lol:

Boyd said that it's been rumoured to be 4k a week.

It is a big deal he's got but seems to be either heavily bonus led or a very big basic (well for.a Scottish club)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived