**Official Rangers v Fraserburgh Match Thread**

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Kranjcar is done, Halliday is pish, Hodson isn’t very good. 

On a very poor pitch, it was job done though.

That sums it up pretty well. I, and probably plenty others, was looking forward to the return of Halliday,  an energetic ball winning midfielder who knows the script, now I realise that he's just not got it to play for us, and I take no pleasure in saying that, it's a great shame.  As for Kranjar and Hodson, tonight showed why they shouldn't be playing for us, shame about Nico because you still see glimpses of his class, but Hodson just isn't good enough.

1 hour ago, FSM said:

Did you shout for their penalty? Probably shook your fist in the air and told the old bloke next to you that it was a "fucking disgrace", then tried to get a "who's the mason in the black" chant going.

I told the guy next to me to clam doon!  Almost got out his wheelchair.

no-win situation regardless if we destroyed them 8-0 it's only Fraserburgh we were playing what did any one expect or tonight result we weren't really up to much and they didn't trouble us but we got the win and go through to the next round

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Everything positive came through The Nico, cannot believe the criticism he gets.

I thought he did okay too, especially as The Brochers were like carthorses into their challenges. I think he still has a part to play in his final season here. Cardoso did just fine and has a positive attitude.

Awful match though, not that it was ever going to be anything else. We got the result we needed -which is really all that matters in this kind of catch-weight contest and some fringe players got game time and, for those of the Dodoo persuasion, a glimpse of their future if they don.t buck up their ideas.

I thought Herrera looked off it and I don't think there's much of a player in there really. I hope he proves me wrong because there's something about him I like.

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Surely the Development squad could have provided better alternatives to Halliday and Hodson

Exactly.if I was young Barjonas I would be for the off.to see a fuckin diddy like Halliday brought back to take your place in the squad while you are punted back to the kids must be absolutely soul destroying.Murty should know better,he tells us there should always be a path to the first team for our youngsters then fills the team with shite against a fuckin works team

14 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Cummings looked far too isolated. Did we really need 5 midfielders on the park tonight? Should've started 2 up front.

I thought so too. Cummings will benefit from a partnership with Morelos, or even Miller, Dorrans when he returns. Anyone to make sure he actually gets some service.

A lot of shite been talked about on here, first of all bates looked like bambi his passing was dreadful,and before anyone says it was the pitch,cardoso looked like he was playing on a carpet.

secondly people slagging niko,he set up the 3 goals and hit the bar, he shouldn't start a league game and his legs have gone,but ffs give him credit when he does ok

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

That was torture from start to finish.  Hodson, Krancjar, Halliday were brutal.  Alnwick didn't exactly fill me with confidence tonight either.  

Didnt see a problem. Caught a few crosses, punched a couple, didnt have a save to make that i can remember. Looked solid.

3 hours ago, Stockburn said:

There are only 4 venues with sky cheers bar in the town centre,Bellslea which is next to the ground the leisure centre which is behind the ground and Finlay’s restaurant which is in one off the estates bout mile from the ground

Ended up at Cheers, probably worst pub i've ended up in all my travels. Full of inbred and young team ?

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Good summing up I would say. :thumbup:

The game overall was shite, but into the next round and that will do for me tonight.  :cup:

Cheers, mate:cheers:

I think we’ll all have to settle for that.?

1 hour ago, Domthenbud said:

Didnt see a problem. Caught a few crosses, punched a couple, didnt have a save to make that i can remember. Looked solid.

Very poor kick outs at the start and general distribution not great at times.  He had a poor punch out in the second which could have been costly.  Possibly lacks match sharpness.

Archived