GM..Has the answer been right under our blue noses

mrmojorisin

11 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I am really warming to GM. He and a mark Allen have identified weaknesses and improved them. 

That's the low hanging branches fixed I hope he is given the opportunity to take us to the next level again. 

I think it's early days to say fixed mate but I do think things are looking up a bit - provided we kick on and it's not another false dawn.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Results will obviously decide how he does but whatever happens I hope we deal decently with him if they don't work out . He was asked to step up and he did. It's a huge job for anyone let alone anyone at the start of his managerial career. He has shown some very good tactical acumen in the big games and out thought more experienced managers. For all of that I think it might not work for him because of his lack of experience but I would be delighted if I am wrong.

7 hours ago, Supersonic said:

He still has to stop dropping points in games we should be winning. Needs to cut out the Dundee / Killie aways and St. Johnstones at home.

So bloody frustrating, six points from those three fixtures and we’d be 5 behind the taigs. 

It would be great if he can be successful for us but we need to wait and see. The away game on Sunday will tell us if he can win these type of games, if he does then that will be encouraging.

As Williamson said I think Jimmy Nic might be a huge influence on how Murty does in the long run. Fingers crossed it works.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

It would be great if he can be successful for us but we need to wait and see. The away game on Sunday will tell us if he can win these type of games, if he does then that will be encouraging.

As Williamson said I think Jimmy Nic might be a huge influence on how Murty does in the long run. Fingers crossed it works.

Think we'll win on Sunday no worries - the away games (generally) aren't the issue - it seems to be Ibrox form (I know we got beat away to Dundee and Kilmarnock this season under Murty)

Really impressed with the performance last night, and really hope things go well for GM.  I really like the signings he has brought in as well,, just the kind of players our team have been crying out for.   I reckon the fact that they were mostly all brought in on loan with option is in no small part down to the Board watching this space and seeing how things go,,,, hopefully all will work out

2 hours ago, PolarBear1972 said:

Fucking hell mate calm down.

We are miles behind them no matter what people say. They have better players and have lost 1 game in 2 seasons. We need to get consistency and create a high win rate at Ibrox. Yes they have drawn more games this season but we are still a distance behind. One or two good results for us doesn't change things.

We have to finish strong this season and perhaps beat them and go far in the SC. Have a good summer with signings and kick on from there.

I'm not disputing they are clearly ahead of us. But we showed at the torbett slums if we get proper stuck into them, and also the hearts 4 nil pumping of them and the amount of scrappy wins and draws they've had, there are ways to beat them and reign them in.

Let them run with their attitude that 10IAR is a certainty while we grow stronger and proper get to grips with the Premiership after our damaging wilderness years. 

It ain't over yet. Of course, if we go on a patchy run then fair enough, let's just see if we can build 10 wins in a row first! 

I’m actually starting to believe in Murty a bit more now. 

At this stage you can’t ask for anything more than the Scottish cup and finish within single points of them and also doing them at Ibrox. If he does that, surely we have to give him another season? Then again I don’t want to take risks I just want the league won but if the above happens what do you do? Unless a top class manager becomes available. 

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Think we'll win on Sunday no worries - the away games (generally) aren't the issue - it seems to be Ibrox form (I know we got beat away to Dundee and Kilmarnock this season under Murty)

Yes that is true, I am just trying to take it a game at the time and hopefully get past the poor results we have had as you say mainly at home.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m actually starting to believe in Murty a bit more now. 

At this stage you can’t ask for anything more than the Scottish cup and finish within single points of them and also doing them at Ibrox. If he does that, surely we have to give him another season? Then again I don’t want to take risks I just want the league won but if the above happens what do you do? Unless a top class manager becomes available. 

Sometimes we focus too much on wanting a top class manager. 

Maybe we just need long term consistency with a good manager and build from there. Teams have won leagues before with non big name managers. It's about getting everyone on the same page and instilling the belief we can do this.

I'm sure winning 55 and getting to the Champions League and legendary status is a massive incentive for our players, and if the manager and players always give 100% belief and effort then it will be achievable.

Leicester City springs to mind!

7 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Calm down ffs!

A respectable second keeping a good goal difference will do for this season. A win against them would be the icing.

55 and onwards next season.

I can see them collapsing with plenty sustained pressure - rodgers too, wouldn't be the first time.

Foresaw 22nd May 2005 - and I get a similar feeling for 2017.2018 WATP

So far under murty we’ve been really good at everything or really shite at everything.  

The last 2 defeats ill put down to the players s they were under the impression mcinnes was taking over.  Anymore of these double defeats and we’ll have to think twice about giving him a longer contract.

We still need to remember that this a guy who’s learning his trade. Rangers certainly isn’t the best place to be doing that but if he keeps winning the big games, and as everyone else is saying, we MUST start putting a string of results together.

Beating the big teams is a nice problem to have though and should hopefully be a quick fix in regards to the county’s etc of this league. Time will tell.

Murty actually has players he has had a hand in picking now at the club - hard to judge him on previous players that he had no decision on and who were simply not good enough. 

Imagine before the window and we had 4-5 first picks out ? We would have been backs to the wall from the start, instead we dominated our nearest competitors with a team that can only get stronger...If we could close the gap to celtic by 1 point, or at least not let it grow, finish second and compete or more in the SC final. Then this would be a great second half to the season, as right now we still have a worse team/squad than the Tims.

9 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

His record against the bottom 6 is appalling. I don't know if that's the players mentality or the managers fault.

I'd like him to succeed but he really needs a team that doesn't lose at home to Hamilton and St Johnstone.

People need to calm down at times and not get carried away after one decent result.

Hes miles off being a good Rangers manager never mind the same breath as the legends you've mentioned.

He’s one win away from an identical record to Walter’s after 20 games as manager.

Time for me to hold up my hands and admit that it appears I was wrong about the DoF. He seems to be working well with Murty and has said that the manager has the final say. By taking some of the pressure off Murty in identifying targets, he is giving Murty a better opportunity to concentrate on each game as at comes without the distraction of chasing new players.

He is doing OK so far but I agree with previous posters that it needs until the summer to make a fair assessment.

On the pro side are definitely the big game results, the recent recruitment and bringing in Nicholl (whomever was responsible for that).

On the minus side I haven't seen any convincing ability to turn poor performances around during games, some shaky sub decisions and the commitment to Miller pre-injury.

More positive than negative for me so far but a way to go yet.