Will Murty keep the job if we finish 2nd?

BlueBearz1990

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If we finish second, he will probably keep it UNLESS there is a STAND OUT option out there willing to take it

Dunno why we couldn't have gotten Alex McLeish until then end of the season? Any one know why?

Perhaps the board didn't want him as opposed to us not being able to get him.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Unless there are changes afoot at board level, then he's onto a 2/3 year deal, as we simply cannot afford new and all the disruption that goes with it, transfer kitty, more new players and so on.

We've only spent £600k with Murty. 

I think he’ll get it and if we finish 3rd. I’d really hope I’m wrong but we quite literally would need to go from now till the end of the season winning the SC and finishing single points behind them. Even then I’m still on the fence about it. I can’t shake our patchy form out my head, you literally don’t know when we’ll turn up and that isn’t good enough. His persistence with certain players just isn’t good enough either. Goss and Holt got bullied off Hibs whilst the best midfield prospect in the league, whose fit as fuck sat on the bench. 

12 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

We've only spent £600k with Murty. 

New manager, another wage. New manager, new players, more bedding in. 

I doubt anyone would take the job if there was little in the way of a transfer kitty. You then have the headache of will he succeed and if not, right back to square one.

Then the big issue in just who are the worthy candidates to take on a longer term 3 year type deal at the money we can afford. After the McInnes saga, a few twitchy erses in who they would bring in. MA may just have someone lined up from left field, who knows.

It's not going to be easy and all a bigger risk when seeking value for money in what we can afford

With the value of our playing squad, our squad all apparently positive towards him, our budget, the additional players brought in and not cashing in on Morelos (yet) 2nd is an absolute minimum for Murty to deliver to maintain his credibility.

Doesn't in any way mean permanent job should be his. Not unless he also demonstrates that on similar financing he can stop the beasts.

I think it's too close to call yet for 2nd and that he'll be replaced next season.

Just now, Smile said:

Murty has seven defeats in 19 matches over two spells ( twenty-two matches overall). Pedro had 7 defeats in twenty-six.        

Struggling to see how he will get us second or stay on for a second spell.  

No record losses from Murty though which seems to appease a few folk, personally he's a nice enough guy but he's not ready to be our manager. He's like Warburton in that he now seems stuck with the same formation and makes subs on the 80 minute mark instead of the 60 minute mark. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

New manager, another wage. New manager, new players, more bedding in. 

I doubt anyone would take the job if there was little in the way of a transfer kitty. You then have the headache of will he succeed and if not, right back to square one.

Then the big issue in just who are the worthy candidates to take on a longer term 3 year type deal at the money we can afford. After the McInnes saga, a few twitchy erses in who they would bring in. MA may just have someone lined up from left field, who knows.

It's not going to be easy and all a bigger risk when seeking value for money in what we can afford

New manager, another wage. New manager, new players, more bedding in. - We can afford this given it will be the summer break and we have money for a manager, given we were prepared to pay £1m for DM.

I doubt anyone would take the job if there was little in the way of a transfer kitty. You then have the headache of will he succeed and if not, right back to square one. - again through a number of sources close to the club it's already been stated there is money for transfers. Also a reason we have loans with options to buy - it allows us more maneuverability in the next window.

Then the big issue in just who are the worthy candidates to take on a longer term 3 year type deal at the money we can afford. After the McInnes saga, a few twitchy erses in who they would bring in. MA may just have someone lined up from left field, who knows. - Probably the only point I agree with, suitable candidates seemed pretty thin on the ground last time but that was a combination of us chasing one guy and internal politics with Mark Allen. I have a feeling Mark would have a bigger input on the manager front this time. There are plenty of candidates out there and we seem to have a better strategy now.

It's not going to be easy and all a bigger risk when seeking value for money in what we can afford - Biggest risk in my eyes would be sticking with Murty, was willing to give him a shot but so far it's been the same old inconsistent crap we've had from Ally, Warburton and The Caravan Man.

7 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

No record losses from Murty though which seems to appease a few folk, personally he's a nice enough guy but he's not ready to be our manager. He's like Warburton in that he now seems stuck with the same formation and makes subs on the 80 minute mark instead of the 60 minute mark. 

We need an experienced Manager.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

We need an experienced Manager.

Couldn't agree more, very experienced, someone around the age of 70 would do.

He has to be Scottish as well.

And Staunch.

And have a lovely stable home life with a wonderful wife called Ethel or something along those lines.

Someone with a real hate for that cunt Chick Young. 

And the ability to make shite players like Kirk Broadfoot title winning footballers. 

Where will we find him or her (diversity) though?