***The Official Rangers V Hearts Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was absolutely buzzing walking out the game! Fuck me, I hope we could find a consistent level using this kinda game as our bare minimum. Some of ours were unplayable today. Couldn't be looking forward to Tuesday night anymore at the moment (unless they cunts drop points tomorrow right enough...)

One thing though - I didn't expect hearts to be quite so outright dirty bastards. That number 66 was lucky no to be off in the first half. None of the hearts players stand out, they all just blend into one big dirty bastard pile of shite.

I actually felt myself almost get a wee bit emotional today as I left the ground and done the usual tap on the exit door as I left ritual . Leaving to the feeling of buzz , excitement and hope had me flashing back to the countless times I carried out the same action after various low points the last few years and the feeling being anger, frustration and confusion amongst my fellow fans. Today for the first time in years for the brief moment it felt like we are on our way back. 

Just now, wully said:

Prick got it far too lightly imo, mind you I sit in GF7 and boys on the bus that sit in the Broomloan said he got it tight.

The boos were deafening at one point when he was warming up. I had no idea what was going on until about 5 minutes later, I thought everyone was giving Windass abuse for missing :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Candeias was my man of the Match today followed by Murphy Candeias was everywhere. A bit surprised Morelos was subbed rather than Windass.

Likewise.

As for Windass, the teacher's pet. Murty will learn. Let's just hope it doesn't cost us the now seious title challenge. I have no faith in him, as against the bigger teams as he goes missing and lacks composure in front of goal. I'll credit him for the goals he has got us, but he is not it.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Likewise.

As for Windass, the teacher's pet. Murty will learn. Let's just hope it doesn't cost us the now seious title challenge. I have no faith in him, as against the bigger teams as he goes missing and lacks composure in front of goal. I'll credit him for the goals he has got us, but he is not it.

Windass brought a couple of balls out the Air with class but then spoiled it by taking the shot wide of target he was lucky to stay on today.  No complaints really today as i thought we would struggle against a more physical Hearts side but we looked fitter and Hungrier.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Windass was the only failure for us today, and even then he could have easily had 2 or 3 goals. 

I would have liked Windass to have got into the position Candeias was in when he just had a man to beat Candeias was my Man of the match today but didn't have that wee burst of speed to lose the last defender.  Just didn't seem like Windass day today, would have been my first sub.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Should it have been a penalty on Morelos in the first half, when they got a free kick? 

7 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Not seen it back but thought absolutely no chance at the time, looked like Morelos threw himself at him

Replay showed Morelos actually got his leg in front of Berra and got a kick on the calf, it was a penalty but it was Beaton who was ref.

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

Replay showed Morelos actually got his leg in front of Berra and got a kick on the calf, it was a penalty but it was Beaton who was ref.

Well I didn't think it was a penalty at the time and neither did anyone around me so it's not as if it was some sort of cheating/whatever you're implying.

Na mate not implying anything, I do admit at first it looked like Morelos did dive in and I didn't think it was a penalty so I can understand why Beaton never gave it, but when you seen the replay Berra did indeed kick Morelos so technically it was a pen, but in fairness it did happen quickly.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

I actually felt myself almost get a wee bit emotional today as I left the ground and done the usual tap on the exit door as I left ritual . Leaving to the feeling of buzz , excitement and hope had me flashing back to the countless times I carried out the same action after various low points the last few years and the feeling being anger, frustration and confusion amongst my fellow fans. Today for the first time in years for the brief moment it felt like we are on our way back. 

It reminded me of when we beat Dundee 4-0 in the Scottish Cup under Warburton.

First time in a long time I walked in today feeling we’d get the result we needed, I think the players are starting to get what an intimidating place the Beautiful Old Lady can be.

Can’t help thinking Windass has stage fright at home, when he mans up, he’ll get the goals.

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

Not seen it back but thought absolutely no chance at the time, looked like Morelos threw himself at him

Watched on TV was a certain pen. Morelos just gets infront if Berra and then the big lump kicked the back of Fredo’s leg.

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

Well I didn't think it was a penalty at the time and neither did anyone around me so it's not as if it was some sort of cheating/whatever you're implying.

Not sure if it was just my angle, but I thought it was a certain penalty. Looked like Morelos went to take a dig and got his leg swiped away from behind him.

Archived