UPDATE: the remotest chance of winning the league this season.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's March next week, and we are actually having a debate about whether or not it's possible for us to win the title. A long time since we were even able to have that debate in March, so I guess that this is progress of some kind.  Without the poor start to the season and the stupid lost points we would be on course for the title, and that's the frustration ...

34 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What was he saying?

Went off on a rant, that he missed his best chance at turning them over after their midweek venture in Europe. Letting them come forward and trying to contain them at home when *eltic looked lethargic and the sheep should have taken the intiative and went at  them. Couldn't captialise on their tiredness in the second half and when down to ten men, lack of creativity. He just went on and on and of it complimentary. 

Looking at the sheep fan board, he's toast.

Rangers really need to get a result against the bheggars this season especially at home to prove they have the confidence to win anything, it's been a roller coaster ride so far this season a win against them at Ibrox would set up a grandstand finish but only if they have belief in it, a win against st johnstone's is first up though and then the cup, three games that will define the season, 3 wins and it'll keep the momentum goin, anything else then it's roller coaster time!

We now need others to do us favours. I watched the game and the scum were shite and the sheep worse. A disgusting performance. I thought McInnes was at it. The scum defence still the weakest link and their midfield just isn't at it.

I'm confident others will take points off them, so we just need to take each game as it comes and do the business. We should have no fear of them.

This has been one hell of a roller coaster season. We will consolidate second spot if we keep focussed. Never stop believing and who knows what will happen.

43 minutes ago, RFC16 said:

Unfortunately i cant see it now.

Aye you could say they were always going to win the day but still hoped for something from aberdeen

Disgusting

To be fair, we have taken 9 points off Aberdeen, most of which were unexpected. So we can hardly say they shat it. They are just shit. Simple.

I was hoping like fuck for a result today, but in fairness, if they are to drop points, there are other teams more likely to do it, even if the sheep had home advantage.

I have never given up the chase. Even tonight, after we have gone back to 9 points behind.

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

only if they also drop an extra 4 points given that they are 9 ahead with plus 14 and we only play them twice

If we win those two games the rest will take care of itself - they are hanging on by their fingernails, any pressure mounted by us they fall apart. 

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

You might be right but the odds of us winning them all would make you a very rich man. By all means contact your bookie, youll find him very accomodating 

I put it on this morning mate £330 I get back, not that'll I'll be caring - collecting winnings from the bookies will be the last thing on my mind when we lift 55.

Thread title is too pessimistic for me, I think it's 70/30 in our favour that we'll win the league. Just because they won today doesn't hide the fact that their performances have been awful all season. Think the scum have a lot of injuries too, which can only help us.

We wont catch them.

They are out of Europe so have more time to recover. They still have better players than us, but we are certainly getting closer.

We are a fan base who chops and changes. You see the reaction after hibs e.g. Murty out just a coach....pedro has same record as him.... then we win a few games and we can win the league . 

One step at a time. Next season could be interesting if we buy more in the summer. I believe...but be patient.

It's pleasing we are talking about something like this.

13 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

We wont catch them.

They are out of Europe so have more time to recover. They still have better players than us, but we are certainly getting closer.

We are a fan base who chops and changes. You see the reaction after hibs e.g. Murty out just a coach....pedro has same record as him.... then we win a few games and we can win the league . 

One step at a time. Next season could be interesting if we buy more in the summer. I believe...but be patient.

It's pleasing we are talking about something like this.

Great post, mate. My only caveat though were we to blast sellick in 2 weeks time. A big if though. 

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fuck me, the sheep sit in at home from the off. If I didn't know better that prick McInnes conspired to get get beat, but he's just fucking clueless and about as inspiring as a wet cloot. I don't forget those in here gushing for him.

Of course when it's our turn, they'll be giving it all out attack and booting us all over the park. He's a spineless fucking no mark. Hope the cunt get's sacked when they finish fourth.

What possible reason would you want to remember online personas for future reference

If the season had started after Pedro left, then we would be well and truly in a title race.  I know the argument of ifs buts and maybes but that is the truth.  Our season so far has been 'what it' and that is a big imporvement on this time last year when it was 'never'

We have improved a lot under Murty but still have some weakness at the back... but they are far from perfect and I have confidence for the first time in a long time that we will put in a challenge next season.

As for right now I don't think we will win the league simply because there aren't many games left.  I won't concede it yet though.  Can we win the Scottish Cup though? absolutely we can.

Never for a moment thought the sheep would win today; as said above, they are shite and they are dependably consistent shite against the Scum. Still believe that other lot will stumble, though - especially if we do them in a fortnight as I now believe we're capable of. If there's anything Helicopter Sunday should have taught us, it's to keep on fighting 'till the last second of the very last day's match and never lose hope.