Scottish Football

20 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Defence will be Robertson, Tierney, Gallagher, McTominay and O'Donnell - which is why I'm a bit surprised he didn't consider Paterson, as he would work quite well in that system, and certainly be more of a threat going forward than O'Donnell.

But typical Clarke, dogged and light on flair

Paterson not experienced enough ,The lack of experience wouldn’t be an issue of course if he was playing for Separate Entity Fc 

1 minute ago, Goofy The Scot said:

How the fuck does McBurnie keep getting selected? Couldnae score in a brothel wi a £50 note taped to his tadger

you could not have put that any better

2 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

McTominay has played in defence the last few games for Scotland - was initially quite ropey but has settled into the role. Would be very surprised to see that change - Clarke tends to be very dogged in his selection and clearly sees this as his best defence.

Likely Jack and McGregor just ahead.

It'll get results, just won't be very pretty to watch 

i agree clarke is very dogged but that is just stupid  the midfiels should be jack mc tominay and mcgregor  dont know about getting results  i used to watch scotland everywhere world cup 1990  european championship 1992  now although i will watch games i could not give 2 fucks about them

Nat Patterson & Aaron Hickey (he can play RB) are far superior to O'Donnell & Palmer. Age and experience shouldn't come into it.

McTominay is having an outstanding year at Man U as a MIDFIELDER. Only Scotland would play him out of position.

Don't know where to start with a goalscorer. We simply haven't had one in decades.

50 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

McTominay is having an outstanding year at Man U as a MIDFIELDER. Only Scotland would play him out of position.

But who would you play instead of McTominay?

As much as he's a better midfielder, Clarke has stopped Scotland shipping goals and has made them look a more cohesive unit, and part of that has been the back three and two wingbacks - not dissimilar to the way he set out his team at Kilmarnock. McTominay, after a shaky start, has actually looked pretty good back there - and the experience probably helps his overall game, given he plays the defensive holding role for Man Utd.

It's not club football, you can't go out and sign a decent replacement and we have far more serviceable midfielders, but not so many decent defenders - so I can understand the logic, if it works. 

Getting to the Euro's is probably proof that it works better than anything we have recently tried?? 

50 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

As much as he's a better midfielder, Clarke has stopped Scotland shipping goals and has made them look a more cohesive unit, and part of that has been the back three and two wingbacks - not dissimilar to the way he set out his team at Kilmarnock. McTominay, after a shaky start, has actually looked pretty good back there - and the experience probably helps his overall game, given he plays the defensive holding role for Man Utd.

It's not club football, you can't go out and sign a decent replacement and we have far more serviceable midfielders, but not so many decent defenders - so I can understand the logic, if it works. 

Getting to the Euro's is probably proof that it works better than anything we have recently tried?? 

Scotland are shite mate. Clarke sets up not to lose rather than to win.

I understand there is an abundance of good midfielders but I son't like to see players shoe-horned. Mctominay is a midfield player.

Just like he does with Tierney and Robertson when both are fit. One ends up playing centre half!

1 hour ago, TartanTeddy said:

i can see by your user name you support the tartan hordes  and you are a clarke fan good luck enjoy getting humped in the summer at the euros  

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I understand there is an abundance of good midfielders but I son't like to see players shoe-horned. Mctominay is a midfield player.

Just like he does with Tierney and Robertson when both are fit. One ends up playing centre half!

Tierney was playing centre back at Arsenal as well, and doing well

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It works

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

It works

Yeah, sometimes it does work. I'm just not a fan of shoe-horning players.

It's like levin playing a 4-6-0 cos he has no confidence in his centre forwards scoring.

Anyway, not sure why I commented in here for I'm not really fussed.

19 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I absolutely agree, Clarke definitely sets up not to lose - if he gets the odd win, then it can lead to qualification (which he's done with the Euro's). I think it's where Scotland are at the moment, given they lack any credible option up front and we're much the same way in central defence.

Really not too bothered about players playing out of position at international level, as long as they're not one of our players, especially if it leads to a certain level of success (which I would set the bar at as qualification for tournaments).

As for Scotland being shite - I doubt you would get much of an argument Fromm anyone, but being Scottish, it's who I support at International level, so much like Rangers, it's not really an option to go in search of another team

P.S I know you were bored of the subject, but I'm trying to avoid doing work at the moment - so thought I would reply anyway!!  :sarcasm:

24 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Hearts beat 2-1 by Brora Rangers in the Scottish Cup..Neilson will be on a shoogly peg now, could see McInnes go there. 

Can see that as well. That result tonight aint really a shock, had fuck all to do one night a few weeks back so watched inverness v hearts. Let me tell you it was hard to believe how utterly pish hearts were. If they come up with that squad and manager they will  be straight back down for an absolute cert.

1 hour ago, siamthedanger said:

Hearts beat 2-1 by Brora Rangers in the Scottish Cup..Neilson will be on a shoogly peg now, could see McInnes go there. 

eh other way round lol but brilliant after the manky mob getting beat by super caley this is defo the 2nd biggest upset in scottish cup history :lol:

6 minutes ago, billscott said:

thats the annoying thing about scottish football teams like brora kelty hearts etc have spent money and are far better than a lot of 2nd division teams but last year they were denied the chance to go up and looks like the same this season  meanwhile brechin finished bottom last season they are bottom again but did not get relegated  surprise their chairman is on the spfl board

hope brechin a nonentity of a club get relagated