Morelos

26 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Candeias isn't even the best winger at Rangers imo

Candeias has been one of the best wingers in Scottish football this season.  If Forrest is being considered for Scotland's POTY then Candeias should be in with a shout too as he's been equally as good if not better.  

4 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Candeias has been one of the best wingers in Scottish football this season.  If Forrest is being considered for Scotland's POTY then Candeias should be in with a shout too as he's been equally as good if not better.  

Meh, seen him twice.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Meh, seen him twice.

I'm assuming you mean Forrest.  It's not like I watch him on a weekly basis either but I do know he's been tipped as one of the favourites for POTY.  If he's performed better than Daniel Candeias this season I'd be stunned.  

Forrest has 7 goals and 4 assists.

Candeais has 4 goals and 6 assists.  

They seem to contribute a similar amount going forward but Candeis is a better overall player.  Candeias is a tireless in his defensive duties chasing back and pressing high up the pitch.  I think we have the better player.

39 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm assuming you mean Forrest.  It's not like I watch him on a weekly basis either but I do know he's been tipped as one of the favourites for POTY.  If he's performed better than Daniel Candeias this season I'd be stunned.  

Forrest has 7 goals and 4 assists.

Candeais has 4 goals and 6 assists.  

They seem to contribute a similar amount going forward but Candeis is a better overall player.  Candeias is a tireless in his defensive duties chasing back and pressing high up the pitch.  I think we have the better player.

Forrest is a far better attacker out the two though in terms of dribbling and making something out of a run 

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

Yes, he missed an absolute sitter which cost us a draw on Sunday and I understand the disappointment that causes but can’t believe the abuse the boy is taking on here.  Even if he is not turning out to be quite the natural goal scorer that we hoped, he gives so much more to the team.  Overlooking his miss, we didn’t have a better player on the park on Sunday imo.

Don’t like to write the lad off but he’s missed a ton of sitters! Arguably 2 sitters against that mob which would have won us the game at their dump and 1 at the weekend which would have salvaged a draw!

He is our main striker and if we can’t rely on him to score then what, he’s just a bullying target man? 

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

He can't head a ball. He can't score from a yard out. He has no composure. He misses many sitters. He doesn't get the offside rule.

He's 21 and sees himself in the EPL.

Now compare him to a 21 year old actually  playing in the EPL. Then have a look at the young Chelsea kid who can't get a game?

Spot the difference?!

The only EPL he will ever have a chance to play in is the Estonian one at a stretch.

This so called boy is thoroughly deluded as are those who think he is a talent and worth 11 mil. Nothing wrong with dreaming right enough.

Yes he's scored a few, mainly against dross and gets many opportunities by simply playing for us being a big fish in a small pond.

Back in the day, he wouldn't have been near a jersey in a reserve team, never mind the first. It only reflects just how starved of quality that we can barely recognise it and and just how low our aspirations are. We've regressed to glorifying mediocrity.

Boyd is now top league scorer with a waistline to match. He plays for a shitey wee team and gets few chances, but he does stick them away on the chances presented. He doesn't run all over the park bursting his erse getting nowhere. He simply does his job as a striker with minimal fuss. Now can this man play in the EPL?  Course he fucking can't!

Morelos has fight in him. He is a trier, he has scored a few, but he is not all that and as for 11 mil, aye right you are! 

Faith is one thing, but blind faith another and all the hype is exactly that. Our small glimmer of hope has been extinguished. It's now a fight for second place.

There is the semi, but I think it will take a miracle to turn them over. I doubt it matters much wether we play Cummings or Morelos or both as we just got quite a harsh reality check. We are still a mile off them. No point in all the what ifs. The scum took the initiative and laid us bare. Whilst we do now have some better players, the old weaknesses remain and until that's sorted, we don't make the challenge.

As for Morelos, he is what he is and he will continue to miss sitters and divide opinion, simply because he isn't that good, otherwise we wouldn't even be having the debate. However, he doesn't pick himself.

As for Cummings, treated shoddily imo and that's down to Murty and we paid dearly for it yesterday along with all his other ineptness.

Lastly, one thing is for sure, Morelos will move on as his sights are set elsewhere, as with Windass. They are not committed to the cause. We are not good enough, but a stepping stone to greater things in the minds of these two wannabees. Yet we have one with better talent imo, who loves us and is committed to the cause and he can hardly get game time, so we waste time and money trying to develop the former into something they will never be. 

That is the madness that is us these days and Murty is now part of the problem.

Bit harsh on Boyd. 

1 hour ago, callumbo87 said:

Don’t like to write the lad off but he’s missed a ton of sitters! Arguably 2 sitters against that mob which would have won us the game at their dump and 1 at the weekend which would have salvaged a draw!

He is our main striker and if we can’t rely on him to score then what, he’s just a bullying target man? 

If we cannot rely on him to score enough goals, we look for goals from elsewhere created by the space and disruption he causes.  Alternatively, we twin him up with Cummings as a front two.  

Yes, he missed a sitter on Sunday.  However, he gave their back lot a real handful throughout, was instrumental in our second goal being scored and them getting a man sent off,  sent a perfect ball across goal in first half just needing any touch to end up in net, outmuscled Boyata to go through on goal and was bit unlucky to have his shot deflected.  

9 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

If we cannot rely on him to score enough goals, we look for goals from elsewhere created by the space and disruption he causes.  Alternatively, we twin him up with Cummings as a front two.  

Yes, he missed a sitter on Sunday.  However, he gave their back lot a real handful throughout, was instrumental in our second goal being scored and them getting a man sent off,  sent a perfect ball across goal in first half just needing any touch to end up in net, outmuscled Boyata to go through on goal and was bit unlucky to have his shot deflected.  

Agreed - I thought Morelos played well throughout the game , but that chance he missed was criminal, I do think we should play with 2 up top especially in home games. 

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

He can't head a ball. He can't score from a yard out. He has no composure. He misses many sitters. He doesn't get the offside rule.

He's 21 and sees himself in the EPL.

Now compare him to a 21 year old actually  playing in the EPL. Then have a look at the young Chelsea kid who can't get a game?

Spot the difference?!

The only EPL he will ever have a chance to play in is the Estonian one at a stretch.

This so called boy is thoroughly deluded as are those who think he is a talent and worth 11 mil. Nothing wrong with dreaming right enough.

Yes he's scored a few, mainly against dross and gets many opportunities by simply playing for us being a big fish in a small pond.

Back in the day, he wouldn't have been near a jersey in a reserve team, never mind the first. It only reflects just how starved of quality that we can barely recognise it and and just how low our aspirations are. We've regressed to glorifying mediocrity.

Boyd is now top league scorer with a waistline to match. He plays for a shitey wee team and gets few chances, but he does stick them away on the chances presented. He doesn't run all over the park bursting his erse getting nowhere. He simply does his job as a striker with minimal fuss. Now can this man play in the EPL?  Course he fucking can't!

Morelos has fight in him. He is a trier, he has scored a few, but he is not all that and as for 11 mil, aye right you are! 

Faith is one thing, but blind faith another and all the hype is exactly that. Our small glimmer of hope has been extinguished. It's now a fight for second place.

There is the semi, but I think it will take a miracle to turn them over. I doubt it matters much wether we play Cummings or Morelos or both as we just got quite a harsh reality check. We are still a mile off them. No point in all the what ifs. The scum took the initiative and laid us bare. Whilst we do now have some better players, the old weaknesses remain and until that's sorted, we don't make the challenge.

As for Morelos, he is what he is and he will continue to miss sitters and divide opinion, simply because he isn't that good, otherwise we wouldn't even be having the debate. However, he doesn't pick himself.

As for Cummings, treated shoddily imo and that's down to Murty and we paid dearly for it yesterday along with all his other ineptness.

Lastly, one thing is for sure, Morelos will move on as his sights are set elsewhere, as with Windass. They are not committed to the cause. We are not good enough, but a stepping stone to greater things in the minds of these two wannabees. Yet we have one with better talent imo, who loves us and is committed to the cause and he can hardly get game time, so we waste time and money trying to develop the former into something they will never be. 

That is the madness that is us these days and Murty is now part of the problem.

You fuckin destroy the boy, say he's red rotten and then say he'll move on - fuckin couldnae make it up :duh:

10 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Agreed - I thought Morelos played well throughout the game , but that chance he missed was criminal, I do think we should play with 2 up top especially in home games. 

There is no excuse for his miss in last few minutes.  However, sometimes you just need a bit of luck.  There first goal is deflected off big Bates shin in to the far corner of the net, Morelos’s chance when he is through in goal his shot is deflected straight to their goalie.

Would like to see him paired up with Cummings as you say.  However, against the better teams think we would need to drop one of our wingers to avoid getting overrun in the middle of the park.

6 hours ago, gj923 said:

That was due to him being terribly out of shape and not properly managed. Clearly given that he is on less money there he needs the appearance money and goalscoring bonus he busts a gut.

Not suggesting he should be brought back for a third!!!  And yes Boyd needs to share the blame also for the shape he got himself into

He had the chances as did Morelos,  the only variable is the club.

2 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

You fuckin destroy the boy, say he's red rotten and then say he'll move on - fuckin couldnae make it up :duh:

I didn't say he's red rotten at all, but don't let the facts stand in the way of the histrionics.

If you had read any other of my posts you will also see that I would prefer to see him with Cummings, sacrificing Windass, so I can't think he is that rotten now, can I?.

To put it into context I was responding to the op to point out that he is not all that and to inject the facts, the reality of where he's at, but don't let that little ditty of facts stand in the way.

Now, please point out where I was wrong and I am more than happy to debate the point. 

7 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Do they? Exception rather than the rule. Older, wiser. Stop chasing lost causes, better positioning, more focussed on doing the job, knowing their limitations and focussing on what they can do and so on, but NEVER world class.

I only have to give you Aguero, Ronaldo and Messi and many more. All great as kids as their natural born talent shone through. Coaching and experience made them better players in how they applied their God gifted talent on the park, but the natural born attributes they have made them into world class players they are. Not the fucking coaching. You think gliding past past players, dropping a shoulder, turning defenders, quick feet and bursting a net time after time is all due due to coaching ffs. You think the talents of Laudrup and Gascoigne were coached?

If it were down to coaching you could be the next Messi, right?

I would agree with this statement if he was 25 or somethin, but there are loads of players that have went on to great things at 21 yrs +. Theirry Henry for example had played 100+ games and had scored 23 goals at 22 years old, he then went on to score 175 goals in 250 odd games for Arsenal. Another late bloomer was Diego Forlan.

Im not suggesting for one minute he will go on to be as good as those guys obviously but to suggest he cant drastically improve is an overeaction. I agree he is nowhere near EPL level or 11mill, but he could easily become a very good striker for us. He is probably lacking confidence at the moment, so im not writing him off just yet.

Must add there is no excuse for his dreadful miss the other day, but I have seen C Ronaldo miss from about 4 yards out. It happens.

16 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Should be moved on in the summer, has a lot of good attributes and on the whole I like him but some of the chances he misses are beyond ridiculous

I'd like to see how he is after a half decent break first.

In hindsight we should of gave him a break during January instead of letting bust a gut on the South Americans.

He's been playing non stop, apart from a couple of weeks in June, for 12+ months.

Even if we rest him for a few, let Cummings have some game time, and see how Morelos is when he's refreshed.

Just now, GT66 said:

I'd like to see how he is after a half decent break first.

In hindsight we should of gave him a break during January instead of letting bust a gut on the South Americans.

He's been playing non stop, apart from a couple of weeks in June, for 12+ months.

Even if we rest him for a few, let Cummings have some game time, and see how Morelos is when he's refreshed.

Don't think his fitness is the reason he's missing sitters regularly he just lacks composure, if it was impacting the rest of his game I'd agree but I don't think it is.

5 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Don't think his fitness is the reason he's missing sitters regularly he just lacks composure, if it was impacting the rest of his game I'd agree but I don't think it is.

The reason why I think it could be affecting him is that the blatant sitters he's missed have came later on in games after he's been chasing everything.

Reactions will be slower when fatigued.

Im probably always goimg to defend the guy tbh mate since the amount of work he puts in

4 minutes ago, GT66 said:

The reason why I think it could be affecting him is that the blatant sitters he's missed have came later on in games after he's been chasing everything.

Reactions will be slower when fatigued.

Im probably always goimg to defend the guy tbh mate since the amount of work he puts in

Think you're being extremely kind to him there mate