Frank de Boer or Michel Preud'homme

De Boer or Preud'homme?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have?

• Frank de Boer
    • Michel Preud'homme
    • Other (Clarke etc)

I'd give it to MPH purely on his reputation for making teams punch way above their weight, but I just hope the board don't feel they have to pick only from British managers and we end up with a "big" name who failed down south.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

I'd give it to MPH purely on his reputation for making teams punch way above their weight, but I just hope the board don't feel they have to pick only from British managers and we end up with a "big" name who failed down south.

Well murty knows the domestic game and look how that’s going.

14 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Well murty knows the domestic game and look how that’s going.

Exactly and most British managers we've been linked with have no history of winning titles or cups, yet we assume that they'll suddenly learn this when they start managing us..... Would rather have a successful foreign manager and that doesn't mean winning a cup in Mexico..... ?

9 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

This is awfy De ja vue. I'm sure their was a thread or threads like this about 4 months ago? Following Rangers is like running round in a hamsters wheel for eternity. Ive definitely been here before or maybe it was in a past life.

And then the Board decdied to go for the great McInnes ... Would not trust that bunch to get it right this time. 

A know who a would rather have out the 2 but have a feeling it won’t be the one a want but the state we are in would take either. This is a board who picked a manager that hadn’t done anything in Europe, won a cup in Mexico and was managing in Qatar so who knows what they are thinking if they are thinking. 

14 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

A know who a would rather have out the 2 but have a feeling it won’t be the one a want but the state we are in would take either. This is a board who picked a manager that hadn’t done anything in Europe, won a cup in Mexico and was managing in Qatar so who knows what they are thinking if they are thinking. 

The only hope I have is that Mark Allen is picking the guy this time. Hopefully Park has no say in it whatsoever.

57 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Isn’t one of the issues with MPH that he’s still under contract at Bruges?

Don't think he's under contract but there's meant to be some sort of deal where if he joint another team before the agreed date then the new team would have to pay a couple of bob. Footballs mad that way now, what happened to an old fashioned straight forward 3 year deal 

Steve Clarke should still be in contention for the Rangers job as far as I'm concerned.  

Steve Clarke: Played 23.  Secured 46pts.  A GD of +12.

Graham Murty: Played 22.  Secured 41pts.  A GD of +16

I want a pragmatic manager who will make us difficult to beat and bring physicality to the team.  Clarke knows British football, and Scottish football, I think he's low risk and probably a lot less expensive than the likes of FDB.

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

I want a pragmatic manager who will make us difficult to beat and bring physicality to the team.  

This is probably a view shared by the vast majority of our fans.

I wouldn't be against adding physicality, but crucially if it's combined with ability, like they did with Wanyama or Van Dijk and a few others.

I don't see the need for a club with our resources to resort to a dour defensive approach to winning games though.

52 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don't see the need for a club with our resources to resort to a dour defensive approach to winning games though.

When Walter took over for his second spell his first priority was to make us difficult to beat again.  It's not free flowing attacking football by any means but we didn't lose a lot of goals and we won a lot more games.  Walter's first full season in charge after he came back (2008/09) we conceded 28 goals in 38 games.  Under Murty we've conceded 26 goals in 22 league games and that's not acceptable by any means.  

My main concern with guys like FdB and MPH is that they don't have a lot of managerial experience in Britain.  They could be footballing purists who want to play the 4-3-3 while filling our team with technical players that will keep getting outfought and outmuscled.  We need guys who are physical and love to get stuck in.