Frank de Boer or Michel Preud'homme

De Boer or Preud'homme?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have?

• Frank de Boer
    • Michel Preud'homme
    • Other (Clarke etc)

Mph for me. Proof in his record. I really don't know if our next manager has to know the British or Scottish game to be successful. History would suggest that he does. However sometimes you just get somebody that fits! 

Should we take a risk on a foreign manager? 

To me, the British/Scottish managers seem more of a risk. We have to get a winner in asap. 

I honestly have no idea who would be good for us. I don't even know where the Mph rumour came from. He seems to be a proven manager with little resources. 

Fdb would have the fans till he lost 2 games in a row. His tactics and philosophy are shite. 

A manager that knows how to win is what we need no matter what league or country he has plied his trade in 

MPH for me all day. He has take lots of teams and made them win trophies in different countries. Brought through Marouane Fellaini and Kevin De Bruyne from the youths. He likes 4 3 3 in attack but  can switch to 4 5 1 in defense as he has done in Europe on several occasions.

9 hours ago, Bronzy said:

How?

One of them managed about a month in the PL before he was asked to jump on the next plane back to Amsterdam, the other I didn’t know existed until somebody on here suggested him.

Unless king can pull £20 million out his arse I don’t see the benefit in going for Gio either. 

However uninspiring he is Clarke will make us hard to beat in the league. Maybe for the next 2 or 3 seasons, that’s what we need. Teams are just bullying us at the moment.

Clarke is hardly a box office name. But he's showing that he can get the results in our league and punch above weight. We need a pragmatic manager that can make us difficult to beat 1st and foremost. We're getting bullied off the pitch at the moment.

If between MPH or FDB. I'd go with MPH. His record shows he can turn a struggling team around and produce trophy winning sides.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

I was hoping that Murty could turn things around but he can't.

Of the two names mentioned MPH has by far the better CV. Whoever gets it will have to work with Allen and I would prefer to see him appointed before the end of the season.

Murty will go on to a good career in management but Rangers is no place to serve an apprenticeship.

Mph all day long over Frank, but why no Stevie Clarke? Another victory in our  league with Kilmarnock .

Killie are now 10pts behind us with a game in hand , says it all really and he could still snatch 2nd 

If we do not ask for permission to speak with Stevie Clarke and MPH then our board shows no ambition.

Would still take Clarke first as less of a gamble as he has been around British football for decades and if Brendan wins back to back trebles it's the only way Stevie Clarke won't get manager of the year. If we put the tarriers out the cup then Stevie Clarke should win it hands down.

Just now, plymouthranger said:

We have the 2nd best squad in the league, but our manager isn’t even in the top 6 in terms of managerial ability.

Even Clarke or McInnes improves us from where we are now

McInnes should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Clarke. Was delighted he knocked us back, cunt of a manager who at the very best makes Aberdeen consistent but bottles it against the bigger clubs unlike Clarke who has slapped both us down since he came 

I see a lot of people wanting MPH now, after the last time when there was only a handful of people including me saying this guy should be given the job over DM or GM.

But no, the MPH thread was a playground for pisstaking, while the DM and GM threads were so hot they burned a hole in the forum.

How things change, and how sense seems to eventually float to the top after being kicked down plenty of times by lesser men.

Dramatic huh?

We dodged a bullet with McInnes. Aberdeen is his level where finishing in a European spot and winning a cup every 5 years is success. Clarke has already shown he can win games against the big Clubs and what he has done with basically a pile of pish means he is my first choice. The noises he is making though may mean we are not his first choice

23 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I see a lot of people wanting MPH now, after the last time when there was only a handful of people included saying this guy should be given the job over DM or GM.

But no, the MPH thread was a playground for pisstaking, while the DM and GM threads were so hot they burned a hole in the forum.

How things change, and how sense seems to eventually float to the top after being kicked down plenty of times by lesser men.

Dramatic huh?

Well fucking said, Idiots the lot of them as McInnes should never be anywhere near Ibrox, we want better than a very average manager.

I would not have minded MPH when Pedro was finally sacked but why take the gamble now when we have a very successful British manager 15min down the m77?

The man the board should be wanting to speak with is Stevie Clarke if they want to really challenge the filth, they have made bad decision after bad decision and must be held accountable if they get another donkey as a manager and never even asked to speak with Clarke.  

36 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We have the 2nd best squad in the league, but our manager isn’t even in the top 6 in terms of managerial ability.

I honestly think we have one of the worst managers in the league.  Murty played for York City and Reading, worked as a youth coach, now he's the manager of Rangers.  Just about every other manager in the league is more experienced and/or played the game at a higher level. 

10 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Well fucking said, Idiots the lot of them as McInnes should never be anywhere near Ibrox, we want better than a very average manager.

I would not have minded MPH when Pedro was finally sacked but why take the gamble now when we have a very successful British manager 15min down the m77?

The man the board should be wanting to speak with is Stevie Clarke if they want to really challenge the filth, they have made bad decision after bad decision and must be held accountable if they get another donkey as a manager and never even asked to speak with Clarke.  

i dont know about clarke, but if he was installed i'd give him a chance.

i simply see it as if the manager during the interview phase shows that he gets Rangers and gets scottish football then it doesn't matter what nationality he was.

the only difficulty here is, the board dont know their arse from their elbow in the footballing world so could quite easily think they've got the right man for the job when they dont.

i agree that a quality manager should be installed long before any kind of quality players, but again, this board are in charge. :duh:

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

i dont know about clarke, but if he was installed i'd give him a chance.

i simply see it as if the manager during the interview phase shows that he gets Rangers and gets scottish football then it doesn't matter what nationality he was.

the only difficulty here is, the board dont know their arse from their elbow in the footballing world so could quite easily think they've got the right man for the job when they dont.

i agree that a quality manager should be installed long before any kind of quality players, but again, this board are in charge. :duh:

Ffs they paid £400k for Pedro, and we all knew it was a hell of a gamble , no cunt even knew who he was.  Then the way we finished last season under Pedro ?  The 2-0 against the beggers at Hampden which they strollled through then the 5-1 defeat a home a few days later going on 7 or 8 , At that point Pedro should have been sacked, but the board allow  him blow our money on Pena and bloody Herrera at a cost of £3m, then they knock £11.5m for Morelos ?  

We will end up with another useless manager under this board as they show no ambition, if we do not approach Killie and Clarke then it says it all about our board and their lack of ambition.  

We have not beat them in the league since we came back up , Clarke has in 6 bloody months. 

3 hours ago, gersandy said:

One of them managed about a month in the PL before he was asked to jump on the next plane back to Amsterdam, the other I didn’t know existed until somebody on here suggested him.

Unless king can pull £20 million out his arse I don’t see the benefit in going for Gio either. 

However uninspiring he is Clarke will make us hard to beat in the league. Maybe for the next 2 or 3 seasons, that’s what we need. Teams are just bullying us at the moment.

So you're dismissing MPH just because you haven't heard of him?

lol ok then

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Don't want De Boer anywhere near us and can't understand why anyone would. Horrific manager.

Winning the Eredivisie four years in a row is pretty good going for a "horrific manager".