King statement to fans RE: ST renewals

KWBear

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

There is a significant difference between the currently improbable of what we want and where we want to be compared with the reality of what we have and what we can realistically expect.

I dislike King and others on the board but I'm bemused at the expectations of some on here who are allowing their hatred of King to cloud their judgement.     Even a quick glance at the accounts tells you that we need significant increase in revenue.  Building up relationships with other companies, sponsors, etc takes time and we are not the commercial force we were pre-2012.    A season ticket increase is no surprise and is totally necessary and that would be the case no matter who was on the board.

No offence mate but that’s bollocks. 

They have been in charge for 4 years, we are a shambles. 

So will you be happy with a 10% increase year on year??? 

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

I didn't say we didn't need other income.  We need to increase revenue across the board.  ST income is part of that.

As a follow on when they show the slightest plan to increase the revenue, then they can come ask me for an increase and that increase should be the going rate (2.5%) not 10%. 

9 minutes ago, gsa said:

If we've learned anything at all it's that only the fullness of time will reveal just how successful a manager can be.

FDB knows football that's for sure. His career as a player would suggest he has plenty of drive and determination. His last two jobs mean he has something to prove. He's Dutch. He's played with us before. Everything points to him being a step up from Mccoist, Warburton, Pedro and Murty. Time will tell. 

He would certainly be a step up when compared to Mccoist, Warburton, Pedro and Murty. But it wouldn't be hard.

The question is will he get the time and the patience from our support to implement his ideas and approach.

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I wouldn’t get tired of punching that cunt in the face. 

Anybody not renewing after that well done to you for having more of a backbone than me. ??

I would never congratulate someone for not renewing. 

We need to increase revenue, so let's stiff the fans for a 10% increase. 

I'm absolutely stunned by the inventiveness and acumen of this board. I must find out what business schools they attended, to make sure I fucking avoid them. These cunts couldn't manage a paper round.

A bunch of clueless self serving trough guzzling cunts, trying very badly to turn a buck at our expense.

If incompetence was a crime, they each would be doing a life sentence.

53 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No offence mate but that’s bollocks. 

They have been in charge for 4 years, we are a shambles. 

So will you be happy with a 10% increase year on year??? 

Clearly I don't think it is bollocks and I haven't said anything about a 10% increase year on year.     I have no time for King, Johnston, Murray, Robertson but the reality is such that they are in position.   I think that an increase in ST prices is valid no matter who is on the board.    At this point in time there is no alternative to the current board.     Am I happy with the current situation?  Certainly not.    Will I boycott because I don't like King and Co?  Certainly not.   Will i renew my season tickets?  Yes.

54 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As a follow on when they show the slightest plan to increase the revenue, then they can come ask me for an increase and that increase should be the going rate (2.5%) not 10%. 

As I stated in a previous post my STs last year were only 2.7% dearer than in 2011.   I can't remember exactly about previous years but I think we had a few years without any increase.     It comes down to one question really: will you renew your season ticket?

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We need to increase revenue, so let's stiff the fans for a 10% increase. 

I'm absolutely stunned by the inventiveness and acumen of this board. I must find out what business schools they attended, to make sure I fucking avoid them. These cunts couldn't manage a paper round.

A bunch of clueless self serving trough guzzling cunts, trying very badly to turn a buck at our expense.

If incompetence was a crime, they each would be doing a life sentence.

Couldnt put a market stall in profit........

5 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Like he said u said it was de boer now ur saying appoint a manager ur at it guessing who it is and kidding on ur talkin to players 

It is fdb

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Why would you not increase the ST price?   Do you not think we need to increase our revenue stream?   

We absolutely need to increase our revenue stream,by millions,not by a few hundred k that will be generated from the season ticket increase. It's a cheap and easy way to squeeze an extra few quid out of that loyal fanbase he is so full of praise for in his statement,the same loyal fanbase he treats like fucking mugs. 

For me,the increase is a crass slap in the face to fans after the boards quite shambolic reign to date.

After reading the last 8 pages, I don't understand why King did not say what the % increase was? It seems that different posters think it is different amounts with what seems to be anything between 5 and 10 %, that confusion alone is stupid IMO. Why not just say in his statement what it is and although most of us would probably not be happy with it at least it would be upfront and stop the discussion about what the % really is.

A bit of honesty would be a good idea, and would help to calm some of our discontent, but everything seems to be shrouded in confusion with this board. 

The same with the manager part, most of us think it means Murty will be gone but apparently other forums think the opposite, more confusion for us to deal with. 

:angrywillie:

Another thing to be noted is that although historically prices have generally always went up,that was when we were a club with genuine ambition and were actually putting a product on the park to mount a credible title challenge. That isn't the case now,we are a mediocre outfit with sub standard players/managers and we are being charged a premium for the privilege.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

King and co have had over 3 years to do whatever they want, so far they paid ashley 3million quid, secured most of our assets for a 3million quid overdraft/loan and racked up 25 mill of debt, all to still lose the title with the split still to come and for us to still struggle for 2nd place

In 3 years they have managed nothing, absolutely nothing 

King is like David Murray with nothing to show for it