The line up

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

We need two big physical ball winning midfielders who put themselves about to protect our defense and make sure we win those midfield battles.  It's our one major weakness and it needs resolved this summer once and for all.  There's no point having good attackers if we can't get on the front foot and get the ball to them.  

Mcrorie "could" be 1 of the 2 you mention

Last week he started with Miller for Windass. Miller scores the opener plays 70 minutes. A week later Windass and Miller both on the bench and Andy Halliday starts. Fuckin reeks of a manager without a fucking clue. Out the door now put Nicholl and Miller in charge for the remainder of the season.

what Murty done today was fuckin" criminal, what the fuck was he thinking? I'm no fan of Alves but who did he think was going to win any high balls, who was going to defend in midfield?, we had no options left for the back four and it should have been left as is, every man and his dog knew we would be overran in midfield and he chose to ignore that and compounded it by setting us up to allow them onto us and not press, I've felt sorry for Murty but today my sympathy has run out, like I said above that was criminal.

57 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Why the fuck was it not Alves in the defence and McCrorie in Hallidays place? 

McCrorie isn't good enough (yet) to play there, as shown by the first goal and a couple other mistakes. 

Baffling. 

Because that would have taken someone with a clue to make that decision 

8 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Mcrorie "could" be 1 of the 2 you mention

He might be, he might not be.  He's unproven.  We can't go in to next season dependant on him to do that job because if he fails we'll have another year like this one.  We should be brining in two established CDMs of quality who can make sure we're competitive in that midfield area.  We need two lions in the middle making sure we're in the game and on the front foot no matter who we come up against.

He set up to win on penalties and his substitutions were to limit the damage rather than to try and score. That is NOT how you win games. Reeks of hints of the 2008 Europa final to me. Is Walter running that team? Murty needs to go tonight. As for the players...... well Grieg, Ferguson or Gough would never allow Griffiths to do that and get away with it. Sums it up for me, they are not Rangers class.

We need big solid players who can play a bit. 

Someone mentioned that we should do what Martin O'Neil done to Advocaat and they're right. We need big cunts that can bully them. Everyone of their players were taller that ours, and we let a defender go who is 1.93m tall with potential go to a team that is looking like they will be playing in the German second division next season. That is fucking criminal. I don't think we will even get any compensation for him ad he's moving outside the UK will we?

McCrorie should never have been put in that position in the first place. The fault lies fully with Murty putting us behind the 8 ball at the very start by playing Halliday and not using McCrorie as a defensive midfielder. Shocking decision.

9 minutes ago, ArranRfc said:

Midfield was a disgrace 3 in the middle not one of them got anywhere near Brown or Rogic all game. Murphy and Candeis wasted by being made play so narrow. Fucking joke need massive investment next season near enough a whole new team.

Said that yesterday or the day before. If we lost these old firm games that were coming up, we will need to rebuild a new squad. Murty has to go now and whoever is taking his place next season brought in asap so he can see exactly where we need players which is almost the whole squad. Only Murphy, Candieas, Tav and Morelos should be kept on for next season. Also Elton could stay on. The whole spine of the team needs replaced. 

26 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

McCrorie should never have been put in that position in the first place. The fault lies fully with Murty putting us behind the 8 ball at the very start by playing Halliday and not using McCrorie as a defensive midfielder. Shocking decision.

McCrorie had a poor game but not playing him in his strongest position was shocking. Of all the games he has played all his best performances have been as a defensive midfielder. Instead he opted for Dorrans and Docherty to provide defensive cover neither of which are suited to that position. Look at Dorrans for the second goal he is a mile of the play