It's 10 am...

Virtuoso

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The Board has said our financial strategy relies on a European run and group stages. That is at risk and that will be the overriding factor in whether they keep Murty now or not - who in charge is the likeliest way to get the necessary points.

No way will we successfully negotiate the qualifying rounds to get there. Even for King it was a stupid statement to make, but he treats everyone with contempt and gets away with it. If our future depended on that we are dead in the water.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

As I said in the other thread it's pointless sacking him when there's only a month of the season to go mate. 

I can't see what benefit it will bring having another stand-in for a month, then out the door again. It will contribute to the circus IMO.

Let him stay the last month of his contract and let the rebuild commence AGAIN (7th time in 7 years)

Realise it didn’t work with Pedro but do you not reckon it  makes sense to get someone in now and let them see what we have, in particular with post split games coming up?  Do take the point around stability etc.

Not that it matters as I’m pretty sure our board and nowhere near making said appointment. 

1 minute ago, markem said:

Realise it didn’t work with Pedro but do you not reckon it  makes sense to get someone in now and let them see what we have, in particular with post split games coming up?  Do take the point around stability etc.

Not that it matters as I’m pretty sure our board and nowhere near making said appointment. 

If we are talking about our next, permanent manager then sure but I didn't think that option was on the table. Only really commenting on the likes of a stand-in for the last month just so we can quench the blood lust to get Murty out at any cost.

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

...and still no word of his resignation or sacking? In any other walk of life, he'd be long gone for being an abject failure.

No doubt we'll be treated to some mealy-mouthed pish from the club later on.

Murty's here for ten n row. unfortunately not for us.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye that's another thing that pisses me off, why do the players have the day off today? this morning my plan would be to have them into training, watching a re-run of yesterday and then out to the park to learn how to track runners, tackle and shoot. 

They will be at home watching box sets and Tweeting.

IT Stevie has Mondays off so no reruns til a Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s got no long term future but sacking him now just turns this into even more of a circus.

Who knows what the agenda of this board is, but it is certainly not about making a serious challenge.

From the latest speculation above, it looks like he is gone.

Jimmy Nic will be at the helm to the season's end no doubt.

A sad and dire situation we find ourselves in and I see no end to it.

Money will be even tighter than last year, with King's additional outlay on the share offer, Close to pay and the balance of transfer fees to pay for Docherty and last years signings. That doesn't take into account any reduction in ST uptake.

The messiah that is King has presided over another disaster and proven to be the false prophet. How much longer do we put up with it, because I for one do not see any of this ending well. No matter how anyone tries to dress any of this up, we remain financially unstable, shrouded in uncertainty and without the means to lay a glove on the scum. That cannot go on indefinately as it is an unsustainable scenario, as fans will leave and the funding gap will only significantly increase.

Jam tomorrow won't cut it, as there is no jam left.

I feel for murty in this, he took a gamble and it started so well for him. But ultimately his inexperience in managing a football club shown in the early cracks in November. This shows nothing new regarding murty. We knew he was a high risk appointment as did the board. He was prematurely given the chance at the biggest job he will see in his career and thrown under the bus. It’s like sticking a 14 year old youth midfielder in midfield in the champions league final. He wasn’t equipped for the challenges, the pressure or the battle with the top 6 clubs. 

The board have to take every ounce of responsibility for every managerial blunder since hiring Warburton. 

Comercially they have done great but operationally we have went backwards.

We need a change from the top down, from a board used to making football decisions to a manager with hardened experience of managing a successful football club.

The board have let murty, he players and the fans down in this situation.

get them all to fuck

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye that's another thing that pisses me off, why do the players have the day off today? this morning my plan would be to have them into training, watching a re-run of yesterday and then out to the park to learn how to track runners, tackle and shoot. 

They will be at home watching box sets and Tweeting.

Na, they'll not tweet for a while, they all tweet with their gay stuff and a picture in the lead up, or after a win with the 'fans and atmosphere are amazing' yet the vast majority don't even apologise for their embarrassment.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Na, they'll not tweet for a while, they all tweet with their gay stuff and a picture in the lead up, or after a win with the 'fans and atmosphere are amazing' yet the vast majority don't even apologise for their embarrassment.

I'm one of the few that seriously doesn't rate wee Tav as a player but at least he had the balls to come out and say yesterday it was an embarrassment - the only player to speak to the media. Shame his balls were contained in the press room and never showed them on the park tho.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Part of me wants the new guy in now, tearing through this heap of shite. But the head then says that'll only lead to problems if we still lose games and folk turn on them.

If it was me I'd send Murty on an extended summer holiday. Deal with him and his role well into the summer.

I'd put JN in charge and bring Miller into the set up with JJ. Not as a reward but to try to eek out something from the influence I think he has in that squad. I think he's undermined managers as a player, turn it on him to get the best out of his pals for 5 games. But JN calls the shots, and imo would handle Miller too.

Far from perfect, holes all over it, but what I wouldn't do is keep Murty there for his well being and the club's.

Murty has to go now. The players don’t play for him so we need someone for the run in to try to get second place. ‘Tis a shambles I’m afraid!  

9 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

I feel for murty in this, he took a gamble and it started so well for him. But ultimately his inexperience in managing a football club shown in the early cracks in November. This shows nothing new regarding murty. We knew he was a high risk appointment as did the board. He was prematurely given the chance at the biggest job he will see in his career and thrown under the bus. It’s like sticking a 14 year old youth midfielder in midfield in the champions league final. He wasn’t equipped for the challenges, the pressure or the battle with the top 6 clubs. 

The board have to take every ounce of responsibility for every managerial blunder since hiring Warburton. 

Comercially they have done great but operationally we have went backwards.

We need a change from the top down, from a board used to making football decisions to a manager with hardened experience of managing a successful football club.

The board have let murty, he players and the fans down in this situation.

get them all to fuck

Unless I have missed something what have they done commercially which is great??

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If we are talking about our next, permanent manager then sure but I didn't think that option was on the table. Only really commenting on the likes of a stand-in for the last month just so we can quench the blood lust to get Murty out at any cost.

Do you think we are going to do well in the last five games, the squad and the manager are shot to pieces, he probably will be as its too late to change.