It's 10 am...

Virtuoso

Part of me wants the new guy in now, tearing through this heap of shite. But the head then says that'll only lead to problems if we still lose games and folk turn on them.

If it was me I'd send Murty on an extended summer holiday. Deal with him and his role well into the summer.

I'd put JN in charge and bring Miller into the set up with JJ. Not as a reward but to try to eek out something from the influence I think he has in that squad. I think he's undermined managers as a player, turn it on him to get the best out of his pals for 5 games. But JN calls the shots, and imo would handle Miller too.

Far from perfect, holes all over it, but what I wouldn't do is keep Murty there for his well being and the club's.

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

As I said in the other thread it's pointless sacking him when there's only a month of the season to go mate. 

I can't see what benefit it will bring having another stand-in for a month, then out the door again. It will contribute to the circus IMO.

Let him stay the last month of his contract and let the rebuild commence AGAIN (7th time in 7 years)

Dunno, I was on the last month of my contract at work and walked in this morning and said something akin to "fuck this for a shower of shit, I am no good for you and sure as hell this gig is no good for me, might as well leave right now and stop wasting time". Only had four days left as well, hey ho.

Time for a beer though :dance:

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

100% agree.

Absolutely no point getting someone in for 5 games. 

I would add though that like @psb07158 said it’s worth announcing the manager ASAP but let him take the reigns the day the season finishes.

Allow him to watch the games from the directors box until the end of the season.

Let any player who wants to be here next season sweat a bit.

That would be the sensible thing to do

alas the last thing Rangers FC will do.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

100% agree.

Absolutely no point getting someone in for 5 games. 

I would add though that like @psb07158 said it’s worth announcing the manager ASAP but let him take the reigns the day the season finishes.

Allow him to watch the games from the directors box until the end of the season.

Let any player who wants to be here next season sweat a bit.

If our target is free right now, bringing him in now, giving him 5 'free' games to get a feel for what he has to work with and have a look at the transfer options for the positions he's not happy with, might be a good option.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Part of me wants the new guy in now, tearing through this heap of shite. But the head then says that'll only lead to problems if we still lose games and folk turn on them.

If it was me I'd send Murty on an extended summer holiday. Deal with him and his role well into the summer.

I'd put JN in charge and bring Miller into the set up with JJ. Not as a reward but to try to eek out something from the influence I think he has in that squad. I think he's undermined managers as a player, turn it on him to get the best out of his pals for 5 games. But JN calls the shots, and imo would handle Miller too.

Far from perfect, holes all over it, but what I wouldn't do is keep Murty there for his well being and the club's.

That is a fair enough shout although I want Miller gone end of the season. We are not going to pay someone else to manage us when we still have Murty on the payroll so it would fall to whoever is there.

Can imagine right now some IT guy getting told he is 7th in line to the managers job if the rest say no.

Its a sad state of affairs that a sensible appointment cannot be made

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I've long since thought that of miller from back when Warburton was manager and towards the end of his tenure. No secret he disliked and didn't want to play for Pedro, not that he was getting the chance.

Need to get rid of the pack mentality and power that the players hold, it's no use if the new man comes in, tells a few of them they're not good enough, and the rest just pack it in cause their pal isn't there. I honestly feel this is one of the things holding us back.

I'd love to believe that all these Rangers fans in the team would be able to do what's best for the club, but can't help but feel that they're all in it for themselves.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Get him to fuck.

He stays in charge for the next OF game it will be 6 or 7

Guys not got a fucking clue

As yesterday should have been.

Couple of times now they've really taken the foot off the gas when there's a cricket score for them if they wanted it. Maybe Rodgers was more concerned about avoiding injuries than goals, dunno, but I'd be raging if roles were reversed.

The scum game is gonna be painful. Think it could get messy in our end too if yesterday was anything to go by.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

the board won't replace him and in all honesty what would it matter. We will still have those charlatans running things in the boardroom

The Board has said our financial strategy relies on a European run and group stages. That is at risk and that will be the overriding factor in whether they keep Murty now or not - who in charge is the likeliest way to get the necessary points.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

As yesterday should have been.

Couple of times now they've really taken the foot off the gas when there's a cricket score for them if they wanted it. Maybe Rodgers was more concerned about avoiding injuries than goals, dunno, but I'd be raging if roles were reversed.

The scum game is gonna be painful. Think it could get messy in our end too if yesterday was anything to go by.

Yeah that concerns me too 

The last thing we need is our fans giving them excuse to target our support 

Give it a few hours and the usual in the know roasters drip fed pish inderectly from the board will start with the big manager links as renewals are slow to filter in.

murty is out his depth and and was hung out to dry.

we have a chairman who can’t be fucked dealing with fans and the day to day running.we have director of football that’s never been a director of football and a manager that job was to hand out oranges to the under 20s 

no progress has been made and yet cunts keep deluding themselves.

Murty must go. It may be the  end of the season but unless we want our league position going into freefall we need someone else taking charge. 

No point in Nicoll either as it would be more of the same. 

Time's up for the board. No more leaking names to con folk into buying season books. 

The cheap option is to let him see out the season then they will spend the rest of May and most of June looking for a manager.

Things will be very different come the 1st game of next season.

New manager, new players and a new kit hopefully and some new optimism fingers crossed.