Hummel

jjbscotty12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, PSL said:

This support is going to go into serious meltdown when the 2nd and 3rd kits and white and purple

Why? Those would be great kits to have. I doubt anyone is seriously gonna be pissed if there isn't an orange kit, aha. 

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

the top weve been wearing for the past 2 seasons is one of the best in years, that top and the 2012 top have been the best of the last 15 years probably

Is the current one a bespoke design from Puma? A couple of nods to previous strips in it, with the neckline from the CR Smith days and the wee squares from the McEwans Lager era?

It certainly doesnt seem to be just from a template, no other Puma sponsored team had those features last season as far I know.

1 hour ago, RDFM said:

I clearly said Kilmarnock have their kits made by Nike and that Aberdeen have theirs done with Adidas.

Pretty sure the Adidas rep is a sheep fan and got them a direct deal. Not 100% on that but pretty sure.

39 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Purple can get so far to fuck, the last one  was fucking horrific

my favourite memory of the purple top is when the sons of struth were outside the megastore protesting the sale of the tops and one of the guys holding up the signs was wearing one :lol:

I was originally very much fucked right off when I heard the rumours, but now that it's confirmed I'm trying to take a more optimistic approach.

We could have went with Adidas, or Nike or one of the other major companies, but with a brand like Hummel we are without a doubt the biggest team they sponsor. So I expect unique,and bespoke kits every season, and hopefully they can deliver. Go with Nike or Adidas and you're getting standard team wear templates with our crest on them, and we saw how everyone reacted when Puma released 2 tops exactly like that this season.

If the rumours are true and this was the best deal with the most cash then I'm happy with that, the more money coming into the club the better. If they do release an orange top, then it's a licence to print money, and puts us in a much stronger position to negotiate with a bigger brand next time.

Time will tell I suppose. 

7 hours ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Think a lot of people fail to realise if we had Nike or Adidas we’d just be a small fish and probably end up with the same template amateur teams actually use.

Think most people realise this mate, seeing you are the 63rd person to mention it in this thread.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Now you are talking mate, these chevrons are going to make everyone go mental and the tops will just fly of the hangers, mark my words. :thumbsup: 

No Orange top next season, then they will tell us it’s in the last year and when the last year comes no orange top. The cunts will have conned us again. 

8 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Boro one looks alright to be fair think it’s a similar concept to their 1974 one according to twitter. 

3CEF1B1A-CF1F-46D2-A367-66EAF4B53F3B.jpeg

Can folk genuinely not tell a mockup when they see one? I mean, it doesn't even have the Hummel chevrons. Surely it's pretty obvious, no?

2 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Can folk genuinely not tell a mockup when they see one? I mean, it doesn't even have the Hummel chevrons. Surely it's pretty obvious, no?

Thought it was the official Hummel page that had posted it but it wasn’t. 

I wonder how much the tops are going to cost. I just had a look on the Hummel site for possible designs and all of the club tops are around the £65 mark which, I'm assuming, is a mail order price.  

Archived